Iran’s nuclear program designed to ‘finish off’ Israel, Hezbollah MP says

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!

mascan42

No shit. I don't think even the most piss-pants liberal believes Iran's "peaceful intentions" bullshit anymore.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
No shit. I don't think even the most piss-pants liberal believes Iran's "peaceful intentions" bullshit anymore.
Nonsense. Why wouldn't a country overflowing with cheap oil be interested in spending billions on expensive nuclear power?

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
I wish a couple of my exes were solely concerned with finishing me off.

Aww shit go to break fat boy.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
I don't buy it...the brilliant :rolleyes: Dr. Paul says Iran is harmless and if we start paying attention and meddling in their business, they're going to hate us. And even if they did drop a bomb on Israel, it's not like our economy would suffer or anything. :icon_cool

Solution?

No air strikes.

Just use mines around naval ports and oil-export terminals. This would shut in both the Iranian navy and Iran's oil exports.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Solution?

No air strikes.

Just use mines around naval ports and oil-export terminals. This would shut in both the Iranian navy and Iran's oil exports.
Right. Because sanctions and embargoes work great.

Oh, wait. They don't. All they do is hurt the average person on the street while the regime the sanctions are against use the situation to tighten their grip on the subjugated population.

How the fuck is this supposed to get the Iranians to stop producing nukes? All this would do is encourage them to push their nuclear power/weapon programs farther and faster.

Not to mention that the one and only export point for Iraqi oil is a stones throw away from Iran. I don't think they would appreciate use dumping mines in the water.

Right. Because sanctions and embargoes work great.

Oh, wait. They don't. All they do is hurt the average person on the street while the regime the sanctions are against use the situation to tighten their grip on the subjugated population.

How the fuck is this supposed to get the Iranians to stop producing nukes? All this would do is encourage them to push their nuclear power/weapon programs farther and faster.
Yeah but its the only solution. Too many countries are in a recession/defecit to sign on for a war at this point.

VMS

Yeah but its the only solution. Too many countries are in a recession/defecit to sign on for a war at this point.
You mean, other than lettiing Israel bomb the fuck out of their production sites?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

You mean, other than lettiing Israel bomb the fuck out of their production sites?

If you think the world will allow that to happen, you don't know the UN. Arab countries would attack Israel, as Pakistan might, and then we'd have to respond with a western force, and you have yourselves a shit storm.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
If you think the world will allow that to happen, you don't know the UN. Arab countries would attack Israel, as Pakistan might, and then we'd have to respond with a western force, and you have yourselves a shit storm.
They aren't going to do shit.

VMS

Are you aware of this thing called the UN Security Council?

It would be impossible to get a UN authorization for action through, true. It wouldn't be hard to block any UN sanctions against Israel. The most the UN could do is issue dome General Assembly bitching about it, which wouldn't be worth the paper it would be written on.

And not to be sanguine about Israel being invaded, but it's happened before. And Israel has repeatedly come out of those invasions with more land and more territory.

And Iran isn't Arab. The ethnically Arab nations (or those who think of themselves as Arab and aren't, and bonus points if you can name that country, HHD) don't much like Iran to begin with. The only Arab Middle Eastern country with stronng ties to Iran is Syria, and they're a little busy at the moment.

I put a 30% chance Egypt would cause shit over Israel bombing Iran. Less than that for Jordan and Iraq. Syria, as previously noted, is busy.

So just who is going to cause trouble for Israel? All of those countries have known for almost 40 years that launching a conventional war against Israel is suicide: that's why they haven't done shit since, what, 1973?

Teach your grandmother to suck eggs, noob.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
can we just nuke them already?

or spread some mustard gas over the whole country?

VMS

can we just nuke them already?

or spread some mustard gas over the whole country?
Well, we had a shot at supporting the Green Revolution there, but the President pretty much pussied out of it.

Are you aware of this thing called the UN Security Council?

It would be impossible to get a UN authorization for action through, true. It wouldn't be hard to block any UN sanctions against Israel. The most the UN could do is issue dome General Assembly bitching about it, which wouldn't be worth the paper it would be written on.

And not to be sanguine about Israel being invaded, but it's happened before. And Israel has repeatedly come out of those invasions with more land and more territory.

And Iran isn't Arab. The ethnically Arab nations (or those who think of themselves as Arab and aren't, and bonus points if you can name that country, HHD) don't much like Iran to begin with. The only Arab Middle Eastern country with stronng ties to Iran is Syria, and they're a little busy at the moment.

I put a 30% chance Egypt would cause shit over Israel bombing Iran. Less than that for Jordan and Iraq. Syria, as previously noted, is busy.

So just who is going to cause trouble for Israel? All of those countries have known for almost 40 years that launching a conventional war against Israel is suicide: that's why they haven't done shit since, what, 1973?

Teach your grandmother to suck eggs, noob.

You think Hezbollah and the Iranian regime are simply acting wihout allies or support? Terrorist groups will support them if a Muslim country is attacked by a Jewish state. Back in February, the Pakistanis pledged military support with Iran. Event Lt. Ron Burgess said Iran has terrorist surrogates INTERNATIONALLY they can deploy.

VMS

You think Hezbollah and the Iranian regime are simply acting wihout allies or support? Terrorist groups will support them if a Muslim country is attacked by a Jewish state. Back in February, the Pakistanis pledged military support with Iran. Event Lt. Ron Burgess said Iran has terrorist surrogates INTERNATIONALLY they can deploy.
Terrorist groups. NOT conventional warfare. Which was the point of my response to your previous post, which said:

No, not those countries wouldn't attack Israel. They don't have the capability to attack Israel. They might throw some more money at Hezbollah, but do you really think the limiting factor for Hezbollah right now is funding??? Their limiting factor is getting enough retards to drop a mortar bomb down the tube before they get killed by Israeli counter battery fire.

Your post very obviously assumed CONVENTIONAL WARFARE. Don't try to backtrack on that. "then we'd have to respond with a western force"??? We wouldn't send in troops to fight terrorists attacking Israel. Theoretically, we'd only send troops in if CONVENTIONAL troops invaded Israel. Which we wouldn't anyway, because
1.) We couldn't get there in time, because if Israel was in real trouble it would be over in a weekend.
2.) Israel wouldn't need the help, since the conventional militaries for the Arab countries bordering Israel have drawn down considerably since 1973, and in 1973 Israel handed ALL of those countries their heads SIMULTANEOUSLY.

You're ignoring the Arab/non-Arab dynamic of the Middle East. You're ignoring the Sunni/Shi'ite dynamic of the Middle East. You're expecting the Arab nations to go to war with Israel over attacking Iran? All those countries (other than Syria) hate Iran as much as they hate Israel. In case you didn't notice, Iraqis were actively shooting at Iranians more recently than they've been shooting at Israelis.

For fuck's sake, you actually said ARAB COUNTRIES!!!! Did you actually think Iran was ARAB???? Or that the Arab countries (other than Syria, which is busy) have anything approaching brotherly feelings towards Iran? If you even thought that for a fucking SECOND you've disqualified yourself from submitting an informed opinion on the Middle East.

Oh noes! Israel is going to get MORE terrorist attacks! Compared to letting Iran have a nuke, I think Israel is perfectly willing to suffer some more amateurish terrorist attacks instead of getting, you know, NUKED.

There are three alternatives for Israel:
1.) Do nothing.
2.) UN route of sanctions and embargoes, which will result in Iran getting a nuke. Effectively the same thing as #1, but with more hand-waving.
3.) Bomb the fuck out of Iran's nuclear program. Deal with the consequences.

Right now, Israel is giving the rest of the world a chance at #2, all the while knowing that it's going to have a #2 shit result. If Bibi doesn't already have plans on which buildings to bomb, he had a BBQ pork sandwich for lunch.

Terrorist groups. NOT conventional warfare. Which was the point of my response to your previous post, which said:

No, not those countries wouldn't attack Israel. They don't have the capability to attack Israel. They might throw some more money at Hezbollah, but do you really think the limiting factor for Hezbollah right now is funding??? Their limiting factor is getting enough retards to drop a mortar bomb down the tube before they get killed by Israeli counter battery fire.

Your post very obviously assumed CONVENTIONAL WARFARE. Don't try to backtrack on that. "then we'd have to respond with a western force"??? We wouldn't send in troops to fight terrorists attacking Israel. Theoretically, we'd only send troops in if CONVENTIONAL troops invaded Israel. Which we wouldn't anyway, because
1.) We couldn't get there in time, because if Israel was in real trouble it would be over in a weekend.
2.) Israel wouldn't need the help, since the conventional militaries for the Arab countries bordering Israel have drawn down considerably since 1973, and in 1973 Israel handed ALL of those countries their heads SIMULTANEOUSLY.

You're ignoring the Arab/non-Arab dynamic of the Middle East. You're ignoring the Sunni/Shi'ite dynamic of the Middle East. You're expecting the Arab nations to go to war with Israel over attacking Iran? All those countries (other than Syria) hate Iran as much as they hate Israel. In case you didn't notice, Iraqis were actively shooting at Iranians more recently than they've been shooting at Israelis.

For fuck's sake, you actually said ARAB COUNTRIES!!!! Did you actually think Iran was ARAB???? Or that the Arab countries (other than Syria, which is busy) have anything approaching brotherly feelings towards Iran? If you even thought that for a fucking SECOND you've disqualified yourself from submitting an informed opinion on the Middle East.

Oh noes! Israel is going to get MORE terrorist attacks! Compared to letting Iran have a nuke, I think Israel is perfectly willing to suffer some more amateurish terrorist attacks instead of getting, you know, NUKED.

There are three alternatives for Israel:
1.) Do nothing.
2.) UN route of sanctions and embargoes, which will result in Iran getting a nuke. Effectively the same thing as #1, but with more hand-waving.
3.) Bomb the fuck out of Iran's nuclear program. Deal with the consequences.

Right now, Israel is giving the rest of the world a chance at #2, all the while knowing that it's going to have a #2 shit result. If Bibi doesn't already have plans on which buildings to bomb, he had a BBQ pork sandwich for lunch.
Arab/Persian Sunni/Shia is definately not going to overcome Jewish/Muslim.

Arab countries would attack Israel. The way they will attack is through terror groups, as well as international terror. They raise funds for Sheikh Yousef al-Qaradawi even in little fuckign Qatar.

Pakistan said it would defnd Iran from military action, and would not let the US operate bases in its borders if it attacked Iran...they said this in February. You think it would be a clean, decisive win?

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
This thread is renewing my man-crush on VMS.

HHD, why the fuck would Arab countries attack Israel in retaliation for them bombing a Persian country? Do you realize that the Arab world is almost as scared of Iran getting the bomb as Israel is? How about the fact that Saudi Arabia has been rumored to have repeatedly offered Israel covert use of their airfields in the event of a strike against Iran.

By the way, did you forget about the Iran/Iraq war?