Iran military shoots down U.S. drone

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's military said on Sunday it had shot down a U.S. reconnaissance drone aircraft in eastern Iran, a military source told state television.

"Iran's military has downed an intruding RQ-170 American drone in eastern Iran," Iran's Arabic-language Al Alam state television network quoted the unnamed source as saying.

"The spy drone, which has been downed with little damage, was seized by the Iranian armed forces."

Iran shot down the drone at a time when it is trying to contain foreign reaction to the storming of the British embassy in Tehran on Tuesday, shortly after London announced that it would impose sanctions on Iran's central bank in connection with Iran's controversial nuclear enrichment program.

Britain evacuated its diplomatic staff from Iran and expelled Iranian diplomats in London in retaliation, and several other EU members recalled their ambassadors from Tehran.

The attack dragged Iran's relations with Europe to a long-time low.

Washington and EU countries have been discussing measures to restrict Iran's oil exports since the United Nations nuclear watchdog issued a report in November with what it said was evidence that Tehran had worked on designing an atom bomb.

Iran says its nuclear program is entirely peaceful.
http://news.yahoo.com/iran-military-shoots-down-u-drone-state-tv-142804389.html

May 24, 2004
Queens, NY
Damn you beat me to it! I was going to make it sound a a little more panicky:

Iran threatens global retaliation after shooting down US drone!
Iran threatens wider response to US drone-state tv

TEHRAN, Dec 4 (Reuters) - Iran's response to the downed U.S. drone's violation of its airspace will not be limited to the country's borders, a military source told state television.

"The Iranian military's response to the American spy drone's violation of our airspace will not be limited to Iran's borders any more," Iran's Arabic language Al Alam television quoted the military source as saying, without giving details.

Iran said in July it had shot down an unmanned U.S. spy plane over the holy city of Qom, near its Fordu nuclear site.

(Created by Parisa Hafezi; Editing by Tim Pearce)

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
May 9, 2007
When you intrude on a sovereign country or its airspace they are justified in retaliating.....

Drones are immoral and unethical......we are the fear mongering country!

The threat is the USA! We have become the killers & maimers.....we have become the terrorists of the world…no wonder people around the world hate us…

In FY 2009 the USA spent $1.5+ TRILLION on defense & security & intel &am...See Morep; veterans (nearly four times what it was in 1998= approx. $400 billion) - America spends approx. 15 times the next largest military spender China (approx. 4 times the population) & approx. TWO TIIMES ALL REST OF WORLD COMBINED Military Spending .....

Eisenhower warned against the military industrial complex-

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Well guess what Americans- Dwight's fears have been realized & more.

End all these endless & senseless wars & invasions of sovereign countries & bring our troops home. The paranoia machine created by dod & homeland insecurity fomenting countless wasted TRILLIONS on supposed this that & the other with little real threat to our soil. Yes, bad things are going to happen, it’s a fact of life we have to face, but it doesn’t justify invading countries & killing & maiming over 500,000 people.

When are Americans going to wake up to this scam by the American profiteers= military industrialists, oil companies, colluding politicians & wall streeters......... over ten trillion wasted since 9/11. In FY 2009 alone we spent $1.5+ on defense, 146 security forces & 16 intel agencies/depts…..time to cut these in half or more & close nearly all 700+ foreign military bases & cancel ships, planes & weapons & FIRE ALL MERCENARIES. All America is doing is turning more & more people against America.

The time has come to get back to what is called for in the US Constitution “common defence” not policing the world & its oceans to our point of view. Just look at what it is doing to our country, we are no longer the Land Of The Free – we are killing with impunity & have more prisoners in jail than any other country in the world. Our colluding politicians are bought out by the military industrialists, wall streeters, banksters & oil crooks……our financial system is a sham & has stolen tens of trillions from Americans & others around the world & still nothing has CHANGED…the same toxic financial instruments are still unregulated as we speak. Who are we to mandate to other countries?

Smarter countries are beating us at every turn, making internationally competitive products & developing trading partners while we stupidly sabre rattling, bully & bomb & invade. Wake up America we are slip sliding away down the slippery slope to becoming a third world country…

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
When you intrude on a sovereign country or its airspace they are justified in retaliating.....

Drones are immoral and unethical......we are the fear mongering country!

The threat is the USA! We have become the killers & maimers.....we have become the terrorists of the world…no wonder people around the world hate us…

In FY 2009 the USA spent $1.5+ TRILLION on defense & security & intel &am...See Morep; veterans (nearly four times what it was in 1998= approx. $400 billion) - America spends approx. 15 times the next largest military spender China (approx. 4 times the population) & approx. TWO TIIMES ALL REST OF WORLD COMBINED Military Spending .....

Eisenhower warned against the military industrial complex-

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Well guess what Americans- Dwight's fears have been realized & more.

End all these endless & senseless wars & invasions of sovereign countries & bring our troops home. The paranoia machine created by dod & homeland insecurity fomenting countless wasted TRILLIONS on supposed this that & the other with little real threat to our soil. Yes, bad things are going to happen, it’s a fact of life we have to face, but it doesn’t justify invading countries & killing & maiming over 500,000 people.

When are Americans going to wake up to this scam by the American profiteers= military industrialists, oil companies, colluding politicians & wall streeters......... over ten trillion wasted since 9/11. In FY 2009 alone we spent $1.5+ on defense, 146 security forces & 16 intel agencies/depts…..time to cut these in half or more & close nearly all 700+ foreign military bases & cancel ships, planes & weapons & FIRE ALL MERCENARIES. All America is doing is turning more & more people against America.

The time has come to get back to what is called for in the US Constitution “common defence” not policing the world & its oceans to our point of view. Just look at what it is doing to our country, we are no longer the Land Of The Free – we are killing with impunity & have more prisoners in jail than any other country in the world. Our colluding politicians are bought out by the military industrialists, wall streeters, banksters & oil crooks……our financial system is a sham & has stolen tens of trillions from Americans & others around the world & still nothing has CHANGED…the same toxic financial instruments are still unregulated as we speak. Who are we to mandate to other countries?

Smarter countries are beating us at every turn, making internationally competitive products & developing trading partners while we stupidly sabre rattling, bully & bomb & invade. Wake up America we are slip sliding away down the slippery slope to becoming a third world country…

tl;dr

Your schtick would be slightly more amusing with less text.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Actually, they kinda are. I still doubt it went down like that.

The spy drone, which has been downed with little damage, was seized by the Iranian armed forces."
Since it said there was little damage, I'll bet it had mechanical problems and just crashed and now Iran is trying to claim they shot it down.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Actually, they kinda are. I still doubt it went down like that.
You mean other than funding insurgency in other countries and sending assassins to target foreign diplomats on U.S. soil? If anything, this was OUR retaliation to shit they've already done repeatedly.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
You mean other than funding insurgency in other countries and sending assassins to target foreign diplomats on U.S. soil? If anything, this was OUR retaliation to shit they've already done repeatedly.
All's fair in love and war right? If Iran was sending drones over Israeli airspace you don't think they'd be justified in shooting them down?

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
All's fair in love and war right? If Iran was sending drones over Israeli airspace you don't think they'd be justified in shooting them down?
As you said above, it appears they didn't shoot it sown.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Huh? I wasn't talking about them shooting it down. That's a no brainer. I was talking about this shit:

"The Iranian military's response to the American spy drone's violation of our airspace will not be limited to Iran's borders any more,"
Yeah, because it hasn't been doing that for years and years already... :rolleyes:

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I'm reading now that the US claims they lost control of the drone in Afghan airspace and it wandered into Iran where it was apparently shot down. Don't have a link because the story is in Hebrew, but they cite a NATO announcement on the issue.

May 24, 2004
Queens, NY
Sounds fishy. There's prolly a trojan virus on that drone that will Stuxnet Iran all over again...

/Kirk post.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Huh? I wasn't talking about them shooting it down. That's a no brainer.
That's all I was talking about.

I'm reading now that the US claims they lost control of the drone in Afghan airspace and it wandered into Iran where it was apparently shot down. Don't have a link because the story is in Hebrew, but they cite a NATO announcement on the issue.
That's the scenario I imagined. And by "shot down" I imagined they were throwing rocks at it as it was falling from the sky.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Well you did respond to Jordan saying they'd be justified in retaliating, not in shooting it down. But yeah, like you said - that shit is fair game.
Shooting down a spy drone encroaching on your airspace isn't "retalliating?" :action-sm

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Shooting down a spy drone encroaching on your airspace isn't "retalliating?" :action-sm
Not when the country who did it speaks of retaliation after they did it. Obviously they don't consider shooting it down to be retaliation, otherwise they wouldn't promise retaliation outside their borders.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Not when the country who did it speaks of retaliation after they did it. Obviously they don't consider shooting it down to be retaliation, otherwise they wouldn't promise retaliation outside their borders.
Meh, I was really only commenting that I thought they had the right to shoot down spy drones in their airspace. Knew I shouldn't have gone all Ron Paul for a minute there...

I love how they openly admit to retaliating outside their borders yet call us liars when we uncover a plot about them trying to assassinate a Saudi ambassador on our own soil.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Meh, I was really only commenting that I thought they had the right to shoot down spy drones in their airspace. Knew I shouldn't have gone all Ron Paul for a minute there...
I don't think anyone would argue that they don't.

I love how they openly admit to retaliating outside their borders yet call us liars when we uncover a plot about them trying to assassinate a Saudi ambassador on our own soil.
I know, right? What ever happened to the ballsy generation of pan-Arabists? Nowadays, these Islamists are just a bunch of fucking pussies, paying other people under the table to do their dirty work so they can deny deny deny. Bunch of frightened shitdicks.

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
May 9, 2007
Actually, the Revolutionary Guard shot it down with a model rocket they happened to be enjoying at the time.