Seattle
The Iranian Government Wants To Sue Hollywood Over 'Argo'
AP | Mar. 12, 2013, 5:23 AM | 5,928 | 12

inShare1
Email
More

ben affleck argo

Argo trailer
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iranian media say authorities are planning to sue Hollywood over the Oscar-winning "Argo" because of the movie's allegedly "unrealistic portrayal" of the country.

Several news outlets, including the pro-reform Shargh daily, said on Tuesday that French lawyer Isabelle Coutant-Peyre is in Iran for talks with officials over how and where to file the lawsuit. Coutant-Peyre is also the lawyer for notorious Venezuelan-born terrorist Ilich Ramirez Sanchez, known as Carlos the Jackal.

The decision on the lawsuit came after a group of Iranian cultural officials and movie critics screened the film in a closed audience in a Tehran theater late Monday.

Iranian officials in February dismissed "Argo" as pro-CIA, anti-Iran propaganda.

The movie is based on the escape of six American hostages from the besieged U.S. Embassy in Tehran in 1979.

Copyright (2013) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. Users may not download or reproduce a substantial portion of the AP material found on this web site. AP will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-...-sue-hollywood-over-argo-2013-3#ixzz2NN90NPgo

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
If this article taught me one thing, it's that Isabelle Coutant-Peyre is French for Gloria Allred.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Iran can argofuckthemselves. (Brilliant topical use of a quote from the film currently in discussion, Argo)

DiggerNick

Donator
Oct 9, 2012
Your sister's underwear drawer
Fuck 'em.

One of the best things about ARGO is that it didn't try and be all Hollywood liberal pussy about the hostage situation. It showed it for exactly what it was: a large group of culturally-retarded fundamentalist lunatics destroyed an American embassy and took the staff hostage.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
This lawsuit might be as successful as the one Batman, Turkey leveled against The Dark Knight... Never mind that the city could've sued the 5 films before where the name of their town was actually in the film....

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
One of the best things about ARGO
Slow down.

That piece of dog shit not only wasn't the best picture of the year, it wasn't even the best movie the week it was released. I hope Iran sues the beard right off Ben Affleck.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
And in non-news, the US government continues to never sue other countries' movies, partly because we love freedom, and mostly because their movies are too shitty for anyone to care about.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
The Iranian Government Wants To Sue Hollywood Over 'Argo'
This is how you know that whole place has gone to shit. In the good old days, they would've just issued a fatwa on Ben Affleck's head, like Allah intended.

I hope Affleck has a sense of humor. If I was him, I'd find the Jew lawyer with the biggest nose and thickest accent in the world, for this.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2004
This is how you know that whole place has gone to shit. In the good old days, they would've just issued a fatwa on Ben Affleck's head, like Allah intended.

I hope Affleck has a sense of humor. If I was him, I'd find the Jew lawyer with the biggest nose and thickest accent in the world, for this.
That's going to be tough to find in Hollywood.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
isn't Iran going to make a movie depicting there version of Argo?

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
isn't Iran going to make a movie depicting there version of Argo?
There will be three protesters outside the building which our soldiers will immediately shoot, except one survives and then goes to CAIR's lawyers. Then the whole movie will lose its power when Ben Affleck gets hanged at the end for being gay.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
There will be three protesters outside the building which our soldiers will immediately shoot, except one survives and then goes to CAIR's lawyers. Then the whole movie will lose its power when Ben Affleck gets hanged at the end for being gay.
and Ben Affleck's character will be reveled to be a Zionist.