OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Iranian Hari Seldon Discovers Psychohistory. Wait, what???

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Neon, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Alert The Mule!

That second bolded part made me lol. It's Iranian dictatorship meets Minority Report. You are hereby charged with the intent to be an infidel 4 years from now. GUILTY!

#1 Neon, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  2. ShooterMcGavin

ShooterMcGavin Go back to your shanties.

Love how he thinks the Chinese will steal it. Possibly for use in fortune cookies.

3. VMS

VMS Victim of high standards and low personal skills.

Fuck that: what's up with this Qaher-313 fighter they talk about towards the end?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qaher-313

I'm not going to pretend to be an engineer, but I read a shitload about fighters when I was younger and I thought I'd kept up. Is it just me, or does everything about this Qaher-313 plane scream "teenage doodle in the middle of a boring class" fantasy? Even with the oversized canard, it just looks like there isn't enough wing surface. It's too small, overall, to do the job it's supposed to do. It's barely bigger than those microjets, like this:
    [​IMG]

The intake/engine is too small, especially given the wing size. To have that small a wing, you need a LOT of thrust to push air really, really fast over the wing to get any lift.

And the Wiki article says (I'm assuming from the Iranian press release) that the plane has "extra stability" so it doesn't need a fly-by-wire system.

With a canard configuration? Does that mean it's a fixed canard? And with a "Y" tailplane that combines vertical and horizontal stabilizers??? And worth noting: stability in a fighter jet is a bad thing. A very, very bad thing. Modern fighters aren't unstable in flight because they had to make compromises: they're purposely unstable in flight to make them more dynamic. An FBW system is to make an unflyable plane flyable, so when you turn off a part of the stability management system your plane with snap around faster. Making a fighter more stable is stupid. Especially when it's not really possible with the configuration seen in the photos of the Qaher-313. A Y tailplane, with a canard, and a small wing surface area, flown by a conventional wire-and-pulley or even a hydraulic/hydrodynamic control system? What??????

It just doesn't make sense. I mean, not at all. If the Iranians had just stopped about 10% short of what they'd said, the Qaher might make some sense. Don't say it's has "extra stability", dumbass.

For fuck's sake, you retarded camel r@pers: a freshman engineering student could tear apart your statements. With some modifications, something like the Qaher could make a neat little interceptor, but then why put in the work to make it stealthy in the first place? It's a fucking interceptor. The mission difference between a self-defense interceptor and an air-superiority fighter makes stealth for an interceptor pointless.

4. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Who saw this coming?

5. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

North Korean, who is now going to come out and say they've had this machine for 60 years.

6. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

Looks like the nazi rocket powered interceptor from 1944-45

7. VMS

VMS Victim of high standards and low personal skills.

Ack. I didn't include any photos of the Qaher-313.
    [​IMG]

Just Google Image Qaher-313 for more photos of the non-working "fighter".

8. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

I read the headline and saw the picture of the plane and thought we had a Time Chasers situation