OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Iraq Withdrawal: U.S. Abandoning Plans To Keep Troops In Country

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Party Rooster, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Good. Fuck 'em. If they're going to subject our soldiers to some bullshit kangaroo court for defending themselves then good riddance.

2. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

How many "advisers" or "consultants" are going to be left behind? Don't believe it for a second.

3. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

This. Unfortunately we'll be leaving the region very unstable... however that probably wouldn't change if we stayed for ten more years. Time to get the fuck out of there.

4. NuttyJim

NuttyJim Registered User

Don't worry, this will be a mistake I'm sure we as a country will be doomed to repeat.

5. Hate & Discontent

Hate & Discontent Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?

Plenty, but they will all be on the payroll of government contractors. Maybe this will open up some more job opportunities over there...

6. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

That's fine but lets not pretend this is anything but a staged fake pullout in time for election season. Barry has nothing to run on, not a single success, and now he's going to fuck up the one thing he has fine right from fair one: break his campaign promise to retreat and surrender in Iraq. His base needs a US defeat to be happy, and he's going to try to serve one up.

7. Hate & Discontent

I'm pretty sure this is anything but fake, especially considering I have friends in uniform over there right now. They are all coming home by the end of the year, despite the fact that they all shipped over this summer.

8. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

It's obviously a political move, but that aside it's also the right move.

BTW, this is because of Bush's deadline. What now, bitches????:action-sm

9. Party Rooster

That's going to make a great campaign slogan...

[​IMG]

:action-sm

Not this again. He said he was going to end combat operations in 16-18 months after getting in office, and we did in August 2010. Technically late by a couple of months, but what do you expect?

Right after taking office he gave a speech saying he was going with the time table of being out by 2011 that he had "inherited from Bush" and he's sticking with it, nobody's shocked except you.

10. Southtown

Southtown Registered User

Good. Not one American life should be lost for those savage assholes over there.

11. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

Damn you, I was about to argue against your point then you pulled the retard card.

12. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

Despite? That's the whole point. They're leaving before Dec 31? That's crazy and goes against the jan 1 deadline.

13. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

If I didn't know any better, it sounds like you'd be happy with a bunch more American soldier causalties just in case it will make Obama look bad. Is that what partisan politics has been reduced to?

14. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

Get this through your fucking head.

This is 100% false. All they did was change the name of the combat units there. My buddy's the CO of a Ranger unit, very combat oriented, they did 3 combat tours in Iraq. Once that bullshit declaration was made their designation was changed to security, but you know what didn't change? Their combat mission.

Stop.

15. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

How combat oriented are they?

16. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

He doesn't really talk about it, but he's said point blank that their mission hasn't changed, just their title.

17. Yesterdays Hero

Yesterdays Hero She's better than you, Smirkalicious.

I'm pleased there's a few baggers that don't buy that there's a pullout.

Kind of a shame there's some that believe it.

18. Party Rooster

Ummm....Special Ops missions usually are primarily "combat," no matter where they are. Pretty sure Seal Team 6 didn't bust into Pakistan on an advisory or security mission.

We went from 142k down to 50k by August 2010. The types of casualties went from our guys getting wounded in firefights in the cities to them shelling our bases because we went to a "defensive" strategy as opposed to an offensive one.

I'm not saying there's not technically some "combat" operations going on, but at least it's at a much lower level than it was. And you're talking about Special Ops guys. The guys that sign up for that expect those kinds of missions.

19. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

Rangers are not special ops.

20. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

Joke in reference to your post. But I'm sure they're very combat involved. OND started just over a year ago and there's been 36 kia (32 of them being either ied or indirect fire, 4 small arms fire) / 288 wia as opposed to over 100 deaths a month during the combat years.

What your buddy isn't explaining is that there's still combat teams and SF there but they're not operating in that capacity. i.e. SF also train foreign militaries.

21. Party Rooster

22. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

Rangers are SF lite. In order to be a ranger you just have to act angry when you're scared.

23. jimmyslostchin

jimmyslostchin Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?

SEALs, Delta, SF, they're very different from Rangers. Rangers are basically elite light infantry. They're structured just like any other light infantry unit in the army for the most part. Even though they're in the special ops community, Rangers provide muscle for the "real" spec ops guys when they're deployed with them, or they perform the same combat missions any other light infantry unit does when deployed. Again, that's for the most part, there are at times exceptions.

24. Party Rooster

Thanks. :action-sm

25. Hate & Discontent

Yes, they are.

That has little bearing on the current situation. Again, I have friends over in Iraq RIGHT NOW that are coming home before year endm after less than 9 months in country. This has been in the works for a while now.

Might take a little more than that.

Rangers pull a lot more dark-n-dirty shit than people think, but you otherwise nailed it. There is a certain elite Army unit that draws most of its selection candidates directly from the Rangers. That should speak to the level of talent there is in the 75th.

Sent from my phone, so fuck you if I had a typo.