BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Iraqi officials outraged by use of US drones: report

AFP – 17 hrs ago

Related Content

• Enlarge Photo
    File photo shows US soldiers preparing to launch a Shadow drone in Iraq. Iraqi officials …

Iraqi officials have expressed outrage at the United States' use of a small fleet of surveillance drones to help protect the US embassy, consulates and American personnel in Iraq, The New York Times reported.
The newspaper said the State Department began operating some drones in Iraq last year on a trial basis and stepped up their use after the last US troops left the country in December.
The US government plans to take bids for the management of drone operations in Iraq over the next five years, the report said.
The State Department drones carry no weapons and are meant to provide data and images of possible hazards, like public protests or roadblocks, to security forces on the ground, the paper noted. They are much smaller than armed drones.
But the US government needs formal approval from Iraq to use such aircraft there, the paper noted, citing unnamed Iraqi officials.
Such approval may be hard to get given the political tensions between the two countries, The Times said.
A senior American official said negotiations were under way to obtain authorization for the drone operations, but Ali al-Mosawi, a top adviser to Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki; Iraq’s national security adviser, Falih al-Fayadh; and the acting minister of interior, Adnan al-Asadi, all said in interviews that they had not been consulted by the Americans, the report said.
"Our sky is our sky, not the USA’s sky," Asadi is quoted by the paper as saying.
They will make excellent drones.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Great, now the Iraqi Army is going to launch an attack on Washington DC, right Ron Paul? :icon_cool

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Don't want our drones up there? Learn2Anti-Air

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Great, now the Iraqi Army is going to launch an attack on Washington DC, right Ron Paul? :icon_cool
With any luck, a lot of congressmembers, lobbyists and blacks will get killed. I say bring it on.

Jon the Cop

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
How about "US Embassy outraged by Iraqi's trying to blow it up, so they send up drones." That is why the drones are there right, to prevent stupid Iraqis from bombing OUR embassy.

THRILLHO

Apr 5, 2009
Bothell, Wa.
So we invade, uh I mean liberate their country, kill thousands upon thousands of their citizens, leave them as they're on the brink of a civil war, and they won't let us use their shitty country as a base for our 'lil drone aircraft? What a bunch of ungrateful savages!

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
So we invade, uh I mean liberate their country, kill thousands upon thousands of their citizens, leave them as they're on the brink of a civil war, and they won't let us use their shitty country as a base for our 'lil drone aircraft? What a bunch of ungrateful savages!
Exactly. They basically threw us out of the country, and people wonder why they don't want us flying drones around spying on their people. If we didn't have a billion dollar embassy staffed with something like 11,000 people, we wouldn't need to have drones flying around in the first place.