Irish yourself

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
dumb limerick generator edits all the good stuff...

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
Imagine the outrage if this was done for a black holiday. Or hell, even an Italian holiday.

No one says a word when they rip on us poor Irish.

Eh... feck the lot of 'em! We're a happy bunch. We don't mind them takin' the piss outta us.
You can dance around like an eejit on St. Pat's... if you let me dance around in blackface on Kwanzaa. Or make change on Hannukah. :action-sm

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
It was nice to see that they did include a few um..err "dark" Irish in there.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
Imagine the outrage if this was done for a black holiday. Or hell, even an Italian holiday.

No one says a word when they rip on us poor Irish.

Eh... feck the lot of 'em! We're a happy bunch. We don't mind them takin' the piss outta us.
You can dance around like an eejit on St. Pat's... if you let me dance around in blackface on Kwanzaa. Or make change on Hannukah. :action-sm
Some times I feel the same way but I keep it to myself. No one fucking blinks if you say “Did you get shit-faced on st. Pat's?" But can you imagine if you said, "Did you eat fried chicken and watermelon for mlk day?" I don't want to come off as a tool so I keep it to myself mostly, but I seriously doubt there is an Irish in here who won't admit that alcohol has had a devastating affect on our people, ourselves or some one we love. So while internally it is very upsetting to me that the very serious social issue of alcohol abuse for the Irish is mocked and encouraged, fuck you, we can take a joke. The rest of you pricks take yourselves way to serious and we actually CAN laugh at ourselves, not just SAY we can.

And as my grandmother used to say, “The Irish may not be perfect, but if you’re lucky enough to be Irish, then you’re lucky enough."

Go fuck your little wavy-hand guy.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
Wait, I'm confused at your last line. Are you angry with what I said?

Seems like we both said exactly the same thing. We all notice the hypocrisy but we're better because we can take the jokes against us (takin' the piss out of us).

Mabe

Jan 29, 2006
Albany
The Irish have always been able to poke fun at themselves and deal with jokes.

"The Irish drink a lot and wear green" Ugh ohh, better get Father McSharpton!!

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
Wait, I'm confused at your last line. Are you angry with what I said?

Seems like we both said exactly the same thing. We all notice the hypocrisy but we're better because we can take the jokes against us (takin' the piss out of us).
Nah, just being me normal, awful, prickish self. :action-sm

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
The Irish have always been able to poke fun at themselves and deal with jokes.

"The Irish drink a lot and wear green" Ugh ohh, better get Father McSharpton!!
lol. We don't need a McSharpton. We don't complain because we're too busy working construction, police, & fire jobs... taking care of our kids, paying our taxes, not smoking crack, etc. etc. Basically being productive members of society with jobs.