Iron Maiden World Tour 08 Announced!!!!

AJellyDonut

They're paying for it, you eat it!
Dec 13, 2004
Queens, NY
This is going to be incredible.

Excerpt from article linked below--In an historic first, Iron Maiden, their 60-strong crew and support staff and over 12 tons of equipment will be travelling around the world en masse for the first leg of the tour in a specially commissioned and converted Astraeus Boeing 757 decorated with Maiden and Eddie designs! Vocalist Bruce Dickinson, who is a qualified Airline Captain flying for Astraeus Airlines, will pilot the plane on its epic mission, flying over 50,000 miles.

For more info--including Rob Smallwood's hints on setlist for tour--check out the link below.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=664

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
excellent news! i saw some recent live clips and they sounded great. hope they make it out here, gotta keep my fingers crossed. we did get megadeth recently so i think there should be some interest.

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
The review for "Shark Sandwich" was merely a two word review which simply read "Shit Sandwich".

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
if they do what they did least tour I will not be there unless I go for free again.... it was a cool show but I am not paying 100+ for me and af to hear the WHOLE new album and 4 classics.

Who else thinks that letting a 60 year old musician pilot the plane isnt a great idea

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Balzac you should really read about this tour, why the hell would they do that again if the album came out 2 years ago when this tour will be on? Rem couple years ago when the toured and only played songs from S/t through Piece of mind? Well this tour is gonan be the best tour cuz there only playing songs from Powerslave through 7th son i believe..... The 3 strongest maiden albums! from the mid/late 80s....this is gonna be amazing.

FAngel

I Drink YOUR Milkshake!
Mar 2, 2005
Bethlehem, PA
I just might have to go to this. I really like the concept of the show that they're pushing.

Jambi

Infidel
Nov 29, 2006
FL
At the time, the Powerslave show was the best I'd ever seen. I'll be watching for this one.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
the bruce flying the plane has bad news written all over it, idk why i just have that "this can't end good" feeling, but ill be there

sherwood

Jul 16, 2002
ny
I hope they play Rime Of The Ancient mariner :rockon"

AJellyDonut

Dec 13, 2004
Queens, NY
They will play it. If you didn't read it all, below is from the article I linked above. I bolded the song titles.

Rod Smallwood, Iron Maiden's Manager, further commented; "Following Bruce's various hints from on stage this last year about our plans for 2008 ("We are taking some time off to build some pyramids!"), fans have been pestering me for details of the tour and especially asking which songs from that era will be played. That may be as easy as a run in the hills but we will keep our aces close to our chest on this issue. I know it would only take a couple of minutes but at this stage of planning, I'd have to be clairvoyant to know what they will do. I'm sure though it will be no revelation for you that we intend to make up for those wasted years by visiting a large number of hallowed metal venues around the world. Historically 'Powerslave' was an incredibly important album for the band and it would be madness if we didn't give the fans a taste of the full on Iron Maiden show from that time. With our jumbo there really is no rime nor reason why the band cannot now visit fans almost everywhere as many have been real troopers to have waited this long. Heaven only knows what the band will choose but if l could and did tell you now l would have to shoot you! You'll all have to be patient and see. But it will be spectacular. No fear!!"

Caught Somewhere In Time
Run to the Hills
Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Clairvoyant
Revelations
Wasted Years
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Powerslave
Can I Play With Madness
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
The Trooper
Heaven Can Wait
Afraid To Shoot Strangers
Fear of the Dark

Did I miss any?? :D

sherwood

Jul 16, 2002
ny
if we didn't give the fans a taste of the full on Iron Maiden show from that time.

Iron Maiden..

Seems like a sweet set list...Loneliness of the Long distance Runner would be cool..I am not going to complain as Maiden is my favorite band of all time, but I would like to see more stuff that they dont do often...It is going to be a great show though and I cannot wait.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
I hope they play Rime Of The Ancient mariner :rockon"
They will play it. If you didn't read it all, below is from the article I linked above. I bolded the song titles.

Rod Smallwood, Iron Maiden's Manager, further commented; "Following Bruce's various hints from on stage this last year about our plans for 2008 ("We are taking some time off to build some pyramids!"), fans have been pestering me for details of the tour and especially asking which songs from that era will be played. That may be as easy as a run in the hills but we will keep our aces close to our chest on this issue. I know it would only take a couple of minutes but at this stage of planning, I'd have to be clairvoyant to know what they will do. I'm sure though it will be no revelation for you that we intend to make up for those wasted years by visiting a large number of hallowed metal venues around the world. Historically 'Powerslave' was an incredibly important album for the band and it would be madness if we didn't give the fans a taste of the full on Iron Maiden show from that time. With our jumbo there really is no rime nor reason why the band cannot now visit fans almost everywhere as many have been real troopers to have waited this long. Heaven only knows what the band will choose but if l could and did tell you now l would have to shoot you! You'll all have to be patient and see. But it will be spectacular. No fear!!"

Caught Somewhere In Time
Run to the Hills
Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Clairvoyant
Revelations
Wasted Years
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Powerslave
Can I Play With Madness
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
The Trooper
Heaven Can Wait
Afraid To Shoot Strangers
Fear of the Dark

fuckin amazing

iSpeakEloquent

Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
they can play anything for all i care, they always rule, they are probably my 3rd or 4th favorite band and i love like 98% of their catalog.....in other words i wasn't one of the assholes booing and chanting for judas priest during their last tour after they played the whole new album. A Matter of Life and Death rules

AJellyDonut

Dec 13, 2004
Queens, NY
they can play anything for all i care, they always rule, they are probably my 3rd or 4th favorite band and i love like 98% of their catalog.....in other words i wasn't one of the assholes booing and chanting for judas priest during their last tour after they played the whole new album. A Matter of Life and Death rules
Agreed. I appreciated that last tour more than any of the previous to come around here just because they had the balls to do it. Maiden's music is still as significant as it has always been to this genre, maybe even more so now because of how long their run has been. And no crotchety metal head who wants to hear run to the hills for the hundreth time is going to change that. If you don't like the direction they have taken since 1988, why the fuck are you even showing up at their concerts in 2007? Stay home for god sakes and let the younger fans have your seats. That's what it's all about anyway, selling albums and keeping the stadiums filled with loyal fans. Name one band that has done this any better and for so long across every continent and I'll fuck your mother. :icon_wink

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
I have seen Maiden at least once on every tour from Beast on the Road with Judas Priest at MSG through Seventh Son...including an awesome show as Charlotte and Harolts at L'amours in Brooklyn as a warm up to the Seventh Son Tour.

I would love to seem them play some more obscure stuff from that era.

We shall see

iSpeakEloquent

Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
Agreed. I appreciated that last tour more than any of the previous to come around here just because they had the balls to do it. Maiden's music is still as significant as it has always been to this genre, maybe even more so now because of how long their run has been. And no crotchety metal head who wants to hear run to the hills for the hundreth time is going to change that. If you don't like the direction they have taken since 1988, why the fuck are you even showing up at their concerts in 2007? Stay home for god sakes and let the younger fans have your seats. That's what it's all about anyway, selling albums and keeping the stadiums filled with loyal fans. Name one band that has done this any better and for so long across every continent and I'll fuck your mother. :icon_wink
and the best part about the last tour, they only played 5 classics and none of the 5 included run to the hill or number of the beast.

pssst there were plenty of seats :icon_mrgr

yea iron maiden probably has more global popularity then any other metal band including sabbath and metallica and judas priest

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
I saw them play all of the new album at Continental last year and it was great...kind of boring at times....people were pissed.

But in '03 at Jones Beach they had such a great setlist....

iSpeakEloquent

Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
i remember when they played with dio and motorhead at msg a few years ago but i was too young and stupid to go.....fuck

Tax Kuntz

just being an ass
Jul 6, 2003
Parsippany, NJ
..including an awesome show as Charlotte and Harolts at L'amours in Brooklyn as a warm up to the Seventh Son Tour.
I was there too. The best show I ever saw Iron Maiden play. Crowded as fuck that night, I think the word was spread around on WSOU 89.5 that afternoon.

As for this tour, I don't mind hearing some new stuff. If I hear a song I like, I'll DL it.

in 1986 (I know, I'm old) I saw the Somewhere In Time tour, I think at Brendyn Byrn Arena, and hadn't heard the new album. I bought the cassette later, but I bought a lot of cassettes.

Sometimes you hear a new song live and really get into it.

Who wants to go with me when they play NY?

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
I was there too. The best show I ever saw Iron Maiden play. Crowded as fuck that night, I think the word was spread around on WSOU 89.5 that afternoon.

As for this tour, I don't mind hearing some new stuff. If I hear a song I like, I'll DL it.

in 1986 (I know, I'm old) I saw the Somewhere In Time tour, I think at Brendyn Byrn Arena, and hadn't heard the new album. I bought the cassette later, but I bought a lot of cassettes.

Sometimes you hear a new song live and really get into it.

Who wants to go with me when they play NY?
me and Af are down.

saw them last year, and on the dance of death tour with arch enemy and on the comeback tour for the album with wickerman (queensryche and someone else opened, I wanna say halford)

maiden is always a great show, Im too young to have seen them before all those though (with bruce)