Iron Man Movie

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Iron Man is my all-time favoritist comic book character, so I've been looking forward to and dreading this movie ever since it was announced as a 'tent-pole' feature for 2005. Whoops. New Line had the rights for several years and did nothing other than hire the director of 'The Notebook' to direct it. Thankfully they forfeited the rights, and now Marvel is producing it themselves as the first film under their new production company, with Paramount distributing. More good news, Jon Favreau has been hired to direct, and they've flushed the script from the Smallville faggeets.

Tom Cruise has long been rumored to be interested in the role. With Paramount snagging distribution rights, you can bet he'll be given a long look-see. I think he'd be great, all his recent shenanigans aside.

http://groups.myspace.com/ironmanmovie

Smex182

Some Material May be Inappropriate for Children
Dec 12, 2002
Virginia - (NY Transplant)
Thanks for info. I'm not a big fan of Ironman but I don't hate him either but I will check it out. If Tom Cruise is really attached to this I have 3 words for you.

good Luck Bro.

agree with it or not he is on a downward slide and in danger of being black balled. Hey may need to take a break and try to recover from all the bad press.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Smex182 said:
Thanks for info. I'm not a big fan of Ironman but I don't hate him either but I will check it out. If Tom Cruise is really attached to this I have 3 words for you.

good Luck Bro.

agree with it or not he is on a downward slide and in danger of being black balled. Hey may need to take a break and try to recover from all the bad press.
As MI:3 made $50 million this weekend and will be Cruise's 8th movie in a row to make $100million. Yeah, he's done.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
LilJimmyRbinson said:
As MI:3 made $50 million this weekend and will be Cruise's 8th movie in a row to make $100million. Yeah, he's done.
Exactly why I want him on the movie. He practically guarantees a $100 mil opening, which means they'll give the movie the budget it needs to make it the special effects Extravadanza I'm hoping for.

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
Oooh. Iron Man rules. This is sweet news, I hadn't heard anything about it before this either.

GLENN_THE_TOOL

The reward is cheese.
May 23, 2005
does this mean we'll have to boycott this movie too? i stayed the hell away from M:I:3, i just hope they let some time pass if Cruise does get the role. i'm sick of seeing him everywhere. it's getting tiresome.

it's called "overexposure," Tom.

Smex182

Dec 12, 2002
Actually it was $47,743,273 but what’s $ 2.2 Million for fancy men like us. Cruise's movies are used to making twice as much. The movie cost $150 Million to make not including the percentage Cruise gets from the gross and the Marketing Budget. You can argue that the movie needs to make over $225 Million to break even. I was reading in EW how the industry was looking for the movie to make at least as much as the previous 2 what's that about $250 Mil. They also predicted $70 million for opening weekend. Granted the movie is doing well over seas and I’m sure it will make a nice profit but after every new movie expectations are being set lower. If cruise signs on for Iron Man what do you think the budget for the movie will be? $100 million wouldn't necessarily guarantee you a sequel look at Hulk.

Production Budget: $137 million
Marketing Costs: $35 million
Total: - $172 Million
Domestic Total Gross: $132,177,234

$100 Million Dollars doesn't get you an automatic sequel nor does it mean it makes you a profit. I’m sure that the Hulk eventually made a profit with DVD sales and TV rights but it was obvious that it wasn’t worth the investment since no sequal is planned. If Tom cruise continues to do a little bit less every movie and the backlash continues (deserved or not) his stock in the industry may hurt the movie.

Just my 2 cents.

GLENN_THE_TOOL

The reward is cheese.
May 23, 2005
Smex182 said:
I’m sure that the Hulk eventually made a profit with DVD sales and TV rights but it was obvious that it wasn’t worth the investment since no sequal is planned.
actually there is (aaaallegedly) a Hulk 2 in the works, dunno if it'll be a wide release though. the Abomination is supposedly the villain.

Smex182

Dec 12, 2002
Thanks glenn you know what I think I do remember hearing that now but I never heard much about it didn't know if it was fanboy wishful thinking or not. As long as ang lee doesn't do it it should be ok. I am still confised about the last 10 minutes of that movie.

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
GLENN_THE_TOOL said:
actually there is (aaaallegedly) a Hulk 2 in the works, dunno if it'll be a wide release though. the Abomination is supposedly the villain.
Ugh, at least it cant be worse than the first one.

GLENN_THE_TOOL said:
does this mean we'll have to boycott this movie too? i stayed the hell away from M:I:3, i just hope they let some time pass if Cruise does get the role. i'm sick of seeing him everywhere. it's getting tiresome.
Did you boycott MI:3 because you hate Tom Cruise, or because you didnt like the other MI's? Or because O&A said too? Because I wouldnt boycott and Iron Man movie if Stalin was the star

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
There is a Hulk 2 in the works. Marvel bought back the production rights from Universal because they were dicking around too much. Universal will continue to distribute. The only thing that's known at the moment is that Zak Penn (X2) is writing and Abomination will be the main bad guy.

I wouldnt boycott and Iron Man movie if Stalin was the star
Crimson Dynamo, anyone?

Mobo

Aug 10, 2005
Dallas, TX
I think they should use George Clooney. That's who Tony Stark was based on in the Ultimates comics...

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I know Clooney and Cruise are about the same age, but Clooney's looking so much older these days. Besides, his last outing into Superhero world was...um, no. Plus I'm not sure he's capable of keeping his politics out of his movies anymore. I'm already a little scared by some of the things Favreau has posted on his blog about the geopolitical blah blah blah. Wait, what? he's a guy in a metal suit kicking some Chinaman with a bunch of rings in the cornhole.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Smex182 said:
$100 million wouldn't necessarily guarantee you a sequel look at Hulk.
The Hulk was the worst Marvel movie ever so I hope they don't have a sequel.

GLENN_THE_TOOL

The reward is cheese.
May 23, 2005
askewcore said:
Did you boycott MI:3 because you hate Tom Cruise, or because you didnt like the other MI's? Or because O&A said too? Because I wouldnt boycott and Iron Man movie if Stalin was the star
i didn't want to see M:I:3 in the first place because i'm tired of Tom Cruise, but O&A's boycott is pretty much the same reason i refused to see this movie, so i had no qualms with it.

i might go see an Iron Man movie with Cruise as Tony Stark, but i just hope Cruise disappears for a while. it's been way too much of him in the media lately.

fandango86 said:
he's a guy in a metal suit kicking some Chinaman with a bunch of rings in the cornhole.
that line made me belly laugh, thank you sir. :icon_lol:

MetalSign

O&A Curmudgeon
Dec 22, 2002
Orlando, FL
Tony Stark's a cripple right? How 'boot wheelchair fred?

Nothin?

I'm stoked for this movie though. Hopefully they won't blow it. Cruise would suck in this.

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
LilJimmyRbinson said:
The Hulk was the worst Marvel movie ever so I hope they don't have a sequel.
yes Hulk was so much worse than Blade 3, Elektra, Fantastic Four, Captain America 1 and 2 and lets not forget the grand daddy of them all Man-Thing please dont blast a mediocre Marvel movie with the label "worst Marvel movie ever" i mean Xmen 3 is coming out soon right guys

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Stark is a refined, suave billionaire playboy who stands about 6' 1 he has a heart problem that required his suit to keep him alive..(at least from the stories back in the 70-80's I believe the heart thing was corrected in the mid 80's) also he is a recovering alcoholic I don't see Tom as either pulling off refined or suave. I always imagined Tony Stark as a James Bondish figure with a mech suit, who had flaws. The flaws were what I thought made such a great character.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Hudson said:
Stark is a refined, suave billionaire playboy who stands about 6' 1 he has a heart problem that required his suit to keep him alive..(at least from the stories back in the 70-80's I believe the heart thing was corrected in the mid 80's) also he is a recovering alcoholic I don't see Tom as either pulling off refined or suave. I always imagined Tony Stark as a James Bondish figure with a mech suit, who had flaws. The flaws were what I thought made such a great character.
From that description alone, Clooney sounds better suited to the role. But like fandango said, after B&R he shouldn't go anywhere near a superhero movie.

I was about to suggest someone else, but everyone I could think of is already attached to another superhero movie.

robinquivers

BIG FAT CUNT HOLE
I've been reading Favreau's myspace on the movie. I think he has the passion to do it and seems to reading a lot of the fan suggestions. I'll see it regardless, I love comic book movies, I even liked Daredevil.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Thinking in terms of current young actors: The guy from Vegas? or the straight laced guy from Criminal Minds??? Presuming it is an origins story.
Perhaps Matthew Fox from Lost?

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
robinquivers said:
I even liked Daredevil.
Shame! Shame! Shame!

SHAME ON YOU!

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
mascan42 said:
From that description alone, Clooney sounds better suited to the role. But like fandango said, after B&R he shouldn't go anywhere near a superhero movie.

I was about to suggest someone else, but everyone I could think of is already attached to another superhero movie.

I really don't think it's entirely to blame Clooney for rooning the Batman movies last time around. I'm sure it wasn't his decision to return it to the ridiculous 60's version but with maybe more gay undertones.
Fucking Jon Peters.

spyderman

Now available in serial killer
Feb 6, 2006
The deep south, fuck-face
Hudson said:

Once again flexing my "geek muscle". In the comics now, he is fully functional w/o the suit. There is this whole story-line going on in the marvel universe that is dividing it in half. A few major incidents in the past 6 months-1 year in the comics that were released, have caused the government(in Marvel land) to push legislation for the registration of all super-powered heroes. I've been reading the New Avengers(Stark is still there). In fact I was beginning to like the Tony Stark/Ironman character, but if Cruise is playing him (like Nicholas Cage is playing Ghost Rider). It is gonna be a major fucking let down. I think they should go with the no-name route like they did with the punisher and wolverine.

After reading my own words, I just realized that I need to buy a whore.

fothermucker

I am thy labyrinth
Aug 31, 2002
Deutschland
John Stossel would be 10x the better Iron Man than that midget faggot Tom Cruise is. I'm not too into Iron Man, but I respect him (and Warmachine) for their proton cannons in MvC 1/2. I wasn't a fan of that 1920s villian mustache he had though. Even if Marvel is at the helm, it's always a good idea to expect a comic book movie to suck fat dick. It makes the eventual letdown a lot easier.