Is Ant just trolling when he says he doesn't get Sleeves' song?

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
It's a Christmas song for homeless people. It's intended to make homeless people as happy as homeless people can get, as Opie has alluded to many times in the past.

"People in the light", "all the children in the light" = non-homeless people who live in the mainstream world and therefore still have hope and happiness in their lives. Emphasis is placed on hope with the line about children. The 'children in the light' are what he sees as what could have been.

The "fa lala lala"'s represent the bum's drunkenness and subsequent general disinterest in what's going on around him. Once in a while (in this case once a year during Christmas) he sort of kind of still remembers to give a shit.

Anthony's fascist insistence that all Christmas carols be whitewashed 1950's happy horseshit makes me want to brain him with an oversized guinea nutcracker figurine.

Does he just feign ignorance, and pretend not to get the obvious?

DeadAnus

Nov 14, 2009
Anthony tends to over exaggerate when he even mildly dislikes something. (Jimmy seems to have rubbed off on him big time) There are plenty of songs that mean nothing that are great, anthony is just grasping at straws, not that there is anything wrong with that.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
Chicago
He truly hates it.

I did at first, but it grew on me. I still say the first part of the song sounds like Arthur (Rip Torn) from "The Larry Sanders Show".

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Arthur (Rip Torn) from "The Larry Sanders Show".
"Tastes like horseshit, doesn't it?"

If anyone gets that reference they should be as ashamed as I am.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
Chicago
"Tastes like horseshit, doesn't it?"

If anyone gets that reference they should be as ashamed as I am.
If Artie said it, and it sounds like him, I'm ashamed I don't remember it.

Anal Pizza

Sep 27, 2008
IT STINKS!! NO ONE SHOULD LIKE IT!!!

Ant is correct.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Fuck Sleeves and his dumb song.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
It's a Christmas song for homeless people. It's intended to make homeless people as happy as homeless people can get, as Opie has alluded to many times in the past.

"People in the light", "all the children in the light" = non-homeless people who live in the mainstream world and therefore still have hope and happiness in their lives. Emphasis is placed on hope with the line about children. The 'children in the light' are what he sees as what could have been.

The "fa lala lala"'s represent the bum's drunkenness and subsequent general disinterest in what's going on around him. Once in a while (in this case once a year during Christmas) he sort of kind of still remembers to give a shit.

Anthony's fascist insistence that all Christmas carols be whitewashed 1950's happy horseshit makes me want to brain him with an oversized guinea nutcracker figurine.

TL;DR "Listen to the woooorrddsss mmmmaaaaannnnn." Eww, this song sucks a dick. Sleeves has a great voice but his song blows.

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
I understand if he hates it, but I don't know why he screams about the "Fa La La's" (THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!!!!!!). It's like, a classic Christmas thing. It just represents joyous holiday singing (I think).

It didn't mean anything in Deck the Halls, and that didn't stop it from becoming a Christmas favorite.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute

tl;killself

You interpretation sucks. Who cares if a BUM gives a hoot about anything? Ant is right.

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
It's a terrible song and Opie only plays it because Ant hates it. You think he'd play it if they both liked it?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I like the song, and I think it's funny when Ant rips on it. The ol' Win Win for fandango.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

1. Like the Sleeves song.
2. Your explanation for the song sucks a bag of dicks. It has nothing to do with that.

I'd rather here Pendulum or gunshot twenty seconds in to a live sleeves show.
3. It's "hear," you ignoramus.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
Sleves was fine....the first time with the first song. But EVERY song is a depressing durge sang with the same style in the same fake voice. Ant is 100% right to hate this song.

sadmachine

for the trees, tss
Nov 18, 2009
Sleeves has a weird sense of humor. You kind of have to hear all the goofy songs he's done for Ron and Fez to get it. Ant gets it, he's just shitting on Sleeves ferdashow.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
The Sleeves song has grown on me a lot over the years. I like it but I also love how much Anthony hates it. It doesn't hold a candle to last year's Christmas favorite: "Father Christmas Fuck My Pussy". That thing made me hysterical everytime they brought it up, and it always got stuck in my head, but I loved it.

afternoonquil

Apology Ostrich
Apr 2, 2011
I thought about it once (if ant liked the song [or was "faking"{no way}]) then I realized I shouldn't was my time on such things.
Can't wait for the WKRP marathon this weekend.

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Sleeves is a genius and a gentleman.