Is anyone still holding out on XM since the suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trucker_ben

Jul 29, 2006
My IPOD finally gave on me over the last weekend so I broke down and bought a new XM and re-subscribed. Yesterdays show was the first live show I listened to since the suspension. Now I can be a concert pig!

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
Sorry, I was extremely pissed at XM for how they treated their talent, but I got XM for Ron and Fez so I never got rid of it.

Man that was fucking rough at 1st when they just yanked O&A and we had the same fucking Ron and Fez replay all day.

I understood that on principal XM was wrong, but in the end they have Ron and Fez and O&A. I want to hear them, so I am forced to get XM.

pike

You will be molested
Aug 8, 2004
Cleveland, OH
Quit being cheapskate crybabies. You're not helping O&A at all by not subscribing to XM. In fact, it may even be hurting them (not enough interest in the service/programming = less $$ for on-air talent).

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Quit being cheapskate crybabies. You're not helping O&A at all by not subscribing to XM. In fact, it may even be hurting them (not enough interest in the service/programming = less $$ for on-air talent).
Is this Jimmy's wallet speaking? :action-sm

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
i only quit for 30 days. day they were suspended to the day they were back. but then i got 3 free months for resigning. so i sorta hit them up for 4 months.
i got really used to satellite radio, its hard to get rid of it. especially in ny/nj where the only thing on local radio i can listen to is sports

S

ShineboxPhil

I was holding out on those assholes till today. No West Palm means no O&A for me unless I get XM again. Buzz 103.1 are a bunch of faggots. They are playing the same promo they did when the boys went on vacation and they didn't play best of's.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Anyone still holding out against XM is being childish. It's obviosly the trend for these stations to drop the show. In the end I wouldn't be surprised if they're on 1 CBS station and all the rest syndicated to Citadel stations. Thank god for Farid.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I resubbed after the suspension, largely in part because of the $77/year deal. Basically, I cut my cost in half in the end.

May 8, 2006
Houston, Texas
Still holding out. They never admitted wrongdoing, never publically apologized, and never guaranteed they wouldn't censor the show again. So fuck 'em.

mikek

Fatty made love to a cupcake
Feb 15, 2005
Massachusettsville
Still holding out. They never admitted wrongdoing, never publically apologized, and never guaranteed they wouldn't censor the show again. So fuck 'em.
...which should be a crystal clear indication of how XM will roll over on O&A once Mel & Howard take over. I've no doubt about that.

trucker_ben

Jul 29, 2006
That was part of my thinking too. I can't see how my audible sub was really helping them?

Big Zilch 7

Crockblocker
Jun 17, 2003
SI
Me. I just sign up for free trials 2X a week and listen online at work (after listening on FM on my way to work)

IF I end up changing jobs, I may resubscribe.

UsedLadBag

Your moms box.
Feb 4, 2005
Boston
After cancelling and sawing my XM in half, I bought a used XM delphi MyFi on ebay that was still active and have been listening for free since the suspension. F-u-c-k X-m.

Taintkisser

has anyone seen my NAZI Helmet?
Feb 15, 2006
Dix Hills
...which should be a crystal clear indication of how XM will roll over on O&A once Mel & Howard take over. I've no doubt about that.
Well, if and when they do, its no more Satellite radio, from ANY company for me. Fuck RADIO in any form. No one in that industry (management) has any balls left to stand up and say "this is our on air talent, they are NOT being fired, dont listen to the show". I still feel that sooner or later these special interest groups that threaten boycotts of advertisers will buckle when the companies say screw you , we dont need your 2 dollars for our product, others will buy it.

Rackrunner

I am now Zombie Overlord, thanks to Wes Mantooth
Nov 19, 2005
Have you seen the numbers increase in underground methods? They're off the chart compared to before the suspension. People are still cheap enough that even if re-subbing may be helping the boys dramatically as far as keeping the show alive, they would rather just leech it.

BTW: Re-subbed 2nd day they were back.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
No I love my XM. Sell out or not.
I'm with you. Think what you want, I never canceled, and I probably won't even after this merger crap because I will NOT go back to regular radio and I don't own an Ipod.....

Davel23

Feb 26, 2005
I'm still a bit pissed over the disparity between what XM says it provides (uncensored radio) and what it actually provides (radio which is uncensored as long as it doesn't threaten the merger). But lately I've been thinking about resubbing, if only to have something to cancel when Mel and Howie fuck O&A over.

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
I will cancel if they get rid of the boys for good, God forbid, but not for a crappy suspension.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I never cancelled because of Ron and Fez. Plus I chose to be rationale about the supsension and have hope they would be back after the 30 days. I'm glad I didn't because of all the horror stories I have heard about people trying to resubscribe. Even though I think its a moot point, because something tells me merger or not satellite radio maybe on life support.

Dec 19, 2005
Everyone holding out on XM is a faggy ass bitch.
True. and all those cheapos in CBS markets that are dropping the free radio show...BUCK UP AND BUY AN XM UNIT, ASSHOLES!

Status
Not open for further replies.