Is Fargo the new Godfather?

King of Depew

Mar 6, 2005
Buffalo (til 09, anyway)
Remember back in the day the boys, especially Jimmy, would just drop constant movie lines? It's honestly what got me into their show initially, cause Im a huge film nerd. Jimmy would always slip in "JFK" and Apocalypse Now and Godfather lines, even super obscure ones. And they would always work in Godfather sound clips. (You can act like a man! *slap*)

Ever since they came back to XM, it seems like they've sadly all but ditched the old movie jokes. But it seems like nary a day goes by where Ant doesnt go off on Fargo for a good five minutes whenever there's even a HINT of some kind of Fargo-y reference.

I was dying today at the end of the FM side when the guy called in, and Ope and Ant just talked about basically the whole movie and they parts they liked. I was laughing my ass off.

Fargo is one of the best movies ever. I hope they keep it up and work some sound clips in. Stan says it's pretty sweet. Stan, y'know....Grossman.

hudsonharden

Jan 30, 2007
Geneseo, NY
Ant tends to do the same quotes from Fargo, usually the "That's my deal, Wade" scene. I don't see him reaching that deep in for quotes, but then again I haven't listened yet today.

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
are you kidding that they havent been doing movie quotes since they started on xm...does anyone remember how everyday they would quote the shining.....or clockwork orange?

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
are you kidding that they havent been doing movie quotes since they started on xm...does anyone remember how everyday they would quote the shining.....or clockwork orange?
Absolutely.

I didn't start listening until spring '05, and I remember the ol' checklist gag ("Shining reference?" "check!")

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Absolutely.

I didn't start listening until spring '05, and I remember the ol' checklist gag ("Shining reference?" "check!")
He used to do the "N_i_gger" line uncensored back in the day.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Do any of you stupid horse fuck faggots even know what you're saying "no" to? Read the first post over again you dumb fucking cunts.

Jesus Christ, what's wrong with you.
Is Fargo the new Godfather?
That was the question. You put it in the title. Once you read that, there is no point in reading the drivel you put in your post.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
That was the question. You put it in the title. Once you read that, there is no point in reading the drivel you put in your post.
That WAS the question. Some other poor sap put it in the title.

It's a perfectly good question. Is Fargo the new movie that Opie and Anthony quote constantly now. Given that Godfather was the one they quoted all the time before.

Yes, no, who cares. The question was fine.