Is it time for Earl to go?

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Fez seemed pretty serious about it today, he went out of his way to say this isn't a bit, this is a shoot. He also wanted people to email him to remind him about this: fez2000@aol.com

I enjoyed meeting Earl very much. He seemed like a great guy. But I hate to hear Fez in pain like this.

Should Mooch replace Earl?

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Disclaimer: If its not a bit.

Its been time for Earl to go for a while. I finally got fed up with hearing him on the air, the day he broke down and cried. Now one of the reasons why I say, if its not a bit, I'm pretty sure that if all the paper work has been done correctly, they would have gotten rid of him a long time ago. As for the whole "quota" angle, I'm pretty sure there is another black guy at headquarters down in D.C. they could have replaced Earl with, so I ain't buying that story.

PMB917

Black Earl fan since day one
Oct 4, 2004
Peabody MA
Anyone know what the thing was that Earl lied to Fez about, that Ronnie approved (when he really never did)? I remember them saying it was pretty self serving to Earl. Was it booking Vernon Reid?

Personally I hope this is a bit cause I really like Earl. He plays the "beaten man" role perfectly and I cant believe that he's really as useless as they say. Except for the hanging the picture thing. That was just awful.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Maybe they could have Criss Angel on to teach Earl how to do the wood-chipper trick.

BigRavenPAUL

Feb 19, 2007
Allentown, PA
Anyone know what the thing was that Earl lied to Fez about, that Ronnie approved (when he really never did)? I remember them saying it was pretty self serving to Earl. Was it booking Vernon Reid?

Personally I hope this is a bit cause I really like Earl. He plays the "beaten man" role perfectly and I cant believe that he's really as useless as they say. Except for the hanging the picture thing. That was just awful.
I am almost certain it was the booking of Vernon.
-Paul

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Living Colour sucks anyway...

BigWilly

Just thoughts, no prayers.
Dec 11, 2004
Lakewood, CO
I really don't mind Earl, but I just hate when Ron asks him a question, there's a few seconds of dead air before he speaks. For some reason, this just bugs the shit out me. I know he's probably running to the mike, but man it irks me.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
He's not running for the mic, he's thinking up a lie.

pmoney316

Mar 30, 2006
Nashville TN
I am almost certain it was the booking of Vernon.
-Paul
I think it was for a guest that didn't show up, and Earl was gone for the last hour of the show trying to track down whoever it was. They were doubly pissed because they did a Sunday show and came in for the guest.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
Show NEEDS him for that pounding he gets

twotoes

I want my last meal to be a big piece of meat.
Jan 15, 2008
Montana
The whole thing is getting old. If Earl's not leaving, I wish they would stop bringing up stuff on the show. Dave should butt out and let Ron and Fez handle Earl.

R.BuddDwyer

Feb 2, 2006
Philly
The whole Earl situation has been old for a long damn time now.

And to the contrary, I like when Dave digs at him. He knows just what to say to get a rise out of him. The only redeeming thing of Earl situations.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
It's been time for a long time. R&F need to clean house and start again with a new staff.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
The whole Earl situation has been old for a long damn time now.

And to the contrary, I like when Dave digs at him. He knows just what to say to get a rise out of him. The only redeeming thing of Earl situations.
Dave was on fire today.

I think Ron sees it as an opportunity to bring the old Fez back. Let Fez get angry enough, exert himself over Earl, and to be powerful once again.

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
I occasionally listen to R&F on the replay. It has to be just about every fucking time, I'm hearing Earl fuck up, or Earl is breaking down. Bit or not, I'm getting tired of listening to it, get rid of the incompetent.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
It's crazy to think that Earl has been around so long, he's been with them off and on since like 2000.

It's kind of sad to think of the guy getting fired, but it just seems like it might be time for him to go and screw up somebody else's show.

Unless he wants to change his name to Cornbread Earl, then he's welcome to stay in my mind.

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
I really don't mind Earl, but I just hate when Ron asks him a question, there's a few seconds of dead air before he speaks. For some reason, this just bugs the shit out me. I know he's probably running to the mike, but man it irks me.
I think you mean when Ron axes him a question.