Is Obama a campaign or a movement?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
There's certainly alot of hype to it... Lotsa people seem to think there's more to it than there really is - that it's bigger than the election itself. But, that's not just an Obama thing... Look at the Paulbots. Some of them are out of their fucking minds.

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
There's certainly alot of hype to it... Lotsa people seem to think there's more to it than there really is - that it's bigger than the election itself. But, that's not just an Obama thing... Look at the Paulbots. Some of them are out of their fucking minds.

qft

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Combining Living Colour and Obama? That might give Earl an orgasm.

Sinn is right. It's politics. To be successful in the game you need to have the type of personality that can lead to a cult of personality. You can't do well in politics if you can't get people inspired or to support you blindly. Not everybody, but a significant number to spread your word like it's gospel. It's why charisma goes a long way and people want to vote for the guy who they feel can barbecue best. It's been true ever since the first guy took power.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
oh how right you are .... but to be fair, a lot of people are making an issue over Hillary's campaign as well. However, the Paulbots still got them beat as far as spiked kool-aid drinking

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
The difference between Paul supporters and Obama supporters is that Ron Paul is very specific and honest about what he stands for. His supporters can get anoying, but at least they're blindly following a guy based upon some issues. Obama's supporters are hoping for "change" without even defning what that is.

Or just basing their vote on skin color.

Hillary supporters are old Bill supporters, who think that the mid 90s were the best time this country ever had.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
It's a bowel movement.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
I dunno the Turtle party was like a runaway zombie train....But, truth and alcohol won in the end... I'm hoping the same for America.

Thats why I'm voting for Steve O.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I vote Ronnie B. for President....as long as Ant is vice. Need to have someone to balance out Ronnie's naive, hippie bullshit.

UCFGavin

Feb 25, 2006
The difference between Paul supporters and Obama supporters is that Ron Paul is very specific and honest about what he stands for. His supporters can get anoying, but at least they're blindly following a guy based upon some issues. Obama's supporters are hoping for "change" without even defning what that is.

Or just basing their vote on skin color.

Hillary supporters are old Bill supporters, who think that the mid 90s were the best time this country ever had.
at least you're acknowledging the difference. and you are right about his "change". the majority of the people i know supporting obama don't even know what the "change" is.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Ron Paul 2008.

i feel his pro constitution stance is imperative to our future.

And I feel his anti war, anti pro choice , are fine stances... (even if i disagree) hes still a republican .. and the war wont end with him being president... and abortion wont end with him as president.

So I like him for everything else... a stop sign in the agenda to destroy America.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
its not about policy change, Obama is only arguing he wont be a scumbag that not only betrays his base but then puts then int he position where they basically have to defend his sorry ass. which is basically what you could argue the last two presidents did

Obama is a liberal like any other. He isnt proposing to be anything different, just one who might try a bit harder and more genuinely

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
democrats are worthless.. bullshit artists as long as I can remember.... Carter meant well.... thats as close as it gets ... without an agenda to make themselves rich.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Ron Paul 2008.

i feel his pro constitution stance is imperative to our future.

And I feel his anti war, anti pro choice , are fine stances... (even if i disagree) hes still a republican .. and the war wont end with him being president... and abortion wont end with him as president.

So I like him for everything else... a stop sign in the agenda to destroy America.
Even if everyone who would want Paul as president (I may have been one) voted for him, he wouldn't have any impact other then sending Obama to the White House. Better to vote for McCain to make sure that Ex-muslim shitdick doesn't get into office.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
From up here, it looks like a cult of personality. Am I wrong?
No, not really. As others have said, though, that's a part of politics.

Really, I think he's looking a lot like Eugene McCarthy from the '68 DNC primaries. Lots of young, idealistic newcomers to the political process who likely don't have a lot of staying power.

Just watch. If Cankles wins the DNC nomination (as is still likely), Obama's supporters will completely abandon the political process in large numbers. They're not going to accept that the primaries are allowed to get a little nasty, but in the end you're supposed to come togther and get behind the eventual winner. The only way to keep Obama's supporters is if he were the vice on Hillary's ticket, and that's too fucking bat-shit stupid for even the DNC to try.

That's why this DNC fight is going to get so nasty: the vice on the ticket is going to HAVE to be a white man, so the loser of this fight comes away with nothing.

Huckabee is at least trying to position himself to be McCain's vice, if Romney's supporters aren't enough to put McCain over the top. If both Romeny's supporters AND Huckabee's supporters are enough to put McCain over the top, McCain can choose between the two of them, or at least offer them some political juice in return for their help, and give a big FU to the other guy (between Huckabee and Romney) if that guy pisses him off enough.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I like how the media keeps talking about how Obama has taken the lead for the democrats.

He may have got more states in the last few primaries but he hasn't been getting the majority of the delegates. It's closing now.

The old woman only has a 17 delegate lead as of now. But hey, they still have 900 more delegates to pick up this year. You need 2k to win right now for the democrats.

poopiebottoms

Sparkling Wiggles Lover
Aug 23, 2002
1989 - Baba Booey!
I agree. The mid-90's were the best time this country has ever had. However, I'm supporting Obama because the change he is offering is competent leadership that moves beyond party boundaries for the betterment of this great country. In fact, that's why many conservatives, and members of the conservative media have given Obama their endorsement.

Is Ron Paul even running in this election?

bushleaguer

Feb 2, 2006
I agree. The mid-90's were the best time this country has ever had. However, I'm supporting Obama because the change he is offering is competent leadership that moves beyond party boundaries for the betterment of this great country. In fact, that's why many conservatives, and members of the conservative media have given Obama their endorsement.

Is Ron Paul even running in this election?

The 90s under Clinton were not bad in comparison to other administrations, but I wouldn't call him a great President. It took him 6 years to get unemployment down to around 4% and people gave him a lot of credit with the booming stock market when in reality the credit belongs to the people in Silicon Valley. Clinton also benefited from the end of the cold war ("the peace dividend"), but he should have been taking care of Bin Laden instead of dropping bombs on Kosovo.

I think a lot of Obama's supporters get carried away with the guy. Yeah, he gives inspiring speeches but in the end he is a politician from Chicago with limited time in the US Senate.
What I think is driving his campaign is the fact that people are sick of Bush-Clinton and want "change." They also want an end to the partisan food fight in Congress and see shit getting done (hence John McCain's success). It seems that the party establishment is getting pushed aside for moderate/hybrid candidates that either have a record of (McCain) working with the other side of the isle or promise to do so (Obama). To that end I think Obama's run is more of a movement, which would be defined as pushing aside the staus quo that has accomplished little in the past 16 years.