Is Otto the next Ralphie? Otto Rocked Last Night!

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
We know how funny they are (especially otto) but they can't seem to fit in on the show. I was waiting yesterday for Otto to drop some bombs in the big frenzy but he never did. He must not get to the cellar much anymore.

Maybe we should make it a point to demand to see some of these guys as the cellar more often. Or am I just an ass and he still performs there a lot?

GDRC

This is what I do now
Jun 28, 2006
MA
George is the one that tells the jokes and he wasn't there yesterday.

Random DOUCHE

Hi Daddy.....
May 20, 2007
Manassas Park, VA.
He came out with the Jew\Clown Joke, but George is definetly the Other Half.

Always great Jaw Dropping Shit.:icon_mrgr

King Jumungus

C*NT... The only thing missing is you.
Dec 20, 2005
Charleston, SC
I certainly hope not. I can't say I ever liked Ralphie, but when George says "Suck that Cock!" I can't get enough.

KnitterRich

Up my In my On my
Dec 1, 2005
NY
We know how funny they are (especially otto) but they can't seem to fit in on the show. I was waiting yesterday for Otto to drop some bombs in the big frenzy but he never did. He must not get to the cellar much anymore.

Maybe we should make it a point to demand to see some of these guys as the cellar more often. Or am I just an ass and he still performs there a lot?
Otto is really quick, but there's a reason why there were only 4 chairs on Tough Crowd. It's impossible to get in when so many people are throwing out lines and stepping on each other. I guarantee if you remove one of the 4 and replace them with Otto it would have been just as brutal.

PartyRock24

Lingering Longer since summer of '06
May 23, 2007
Washington DC
I worked at a homeless shelter for my schools community service
and some ones name was charlie and i got so upset because of O&A
I no it wasnt the same one but still it was funny :LOL

KnitterRich

Up my In my On my
Dec 1, 2005
NY
Wow. Way to add.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
For some reason, O&G have never really fit in since the start of the XM era. Maybe it's the earlier time slot, and they don't get funny until later in the day.

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Apr 27, 2005
Jersey
HOLY SHIT, just fuckin stop it already.

:icon_roll

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
May 2, 2005
Lexington, KY
Otto has been great on the show in the past and will be again in the future. Yesterday was loaded with a lot of people talking over each other, competing to get their jokes in. It was great to hear and hilarious, but just had a "crowded" feel to it. Patrice and Vos were the big mouths of the group, with Bobby right behind. Toss in some great Norton jokes and don't forget O&A, and how much time could be left for Otto? Nothing to see here, please move along.

KickToTheUterus

Kicking Uteruses Since 1986
Feb 16, 2006
MI

just the fact that you want to demand things makes you an ass :action-sm

Kurto2021

Certified Pest
Nov 28, 2004
I have always felt that Otto lacks confidence in himself. He is always so gracious when O&A include him on anything. Patrice on the other hand knows he's funny and will tell you he is. I have wondered if it is because he uses a puppet and even though he is really funny just wants to avoid being deemed a ventriloquist act. Just my 2 cents.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
there was the show where louis ck and otto were in studio, and otto had some killer lines even with jimmy and louie on fire. remember the line he had when a female trucker called about the fatty pig fatty contest, and otto asked, 'when your husband puts the groceries away does he have to hire a rodeo clown to distract you?'

I think yesterday the fact that norton, patrice, vos, and bob kelly all have that close relationship with eachother based on hurting eachothers feelings had otto a little out of the loop. thats all it was

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Otto always seems to show up when there's something major going on. He's not part of the Patrice/Bob/Vos/Jimmy circle of comedian friends who take such pleasure in ripping each other to shreds. I would have done exactly what he did - shut the fuck up and enjoy the carnage, lest one of them turn their sites on me.

Some comedians do great when they're just one of many guests. Others like Otto and Ralphie function better when there's a little less going on and they can get themselves into a groove.

People handle different situations differently. Deal with it.

OvaHere

Jay Mohr's Bucks hat
Aug 8, 2004
the pink lettuce
jeez, lets not crucify otto. with jimmy, bobby, vos, and patrice, i think most other o&a regulars wouldn't have gotten many words in, in that 5th guest spot.

Bit Wrecker

Too big to fail
Oct 10, 2006
That deserved its own thread. You shouldn't have buried that gem in another man's thread.

Anyway, love Otto and George and they have definitely killed on the show in the past. The earlier points about timing and limited space were dead on.

McGuirk

doesn't overanalyze comedy radio
Jul 13, 2006
Maybe he's just shy.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
otto has been gold the last few times he's been on the show idk what u guys are listening to plus he did the best out of allt he comics at jones beach

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Jan 13, 2003
Philly