Is "The Show" a LIFESTYLE for you?

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
So my question is: Is the show in some way a Lifestyle for you? I myself have been into the boyz since the 2nd week in New York on NEW. In the past (pre XM) I attended a few events with some friends and listened daily, but the show didn't change my everyday life. Just as the boyz where going good the "incident" happened. I thought that would be it. I went so far as to ink the old symbol on my arm in remembrance, figuring the good times they provided me with was over.
But since the resurgence of the boyz onto XM, I have found my self actually only associating with people who are into or involved with the show. Old friends that just don't "get it" are really not around anymore. I do think that is in part because you need to have a certain kind of personality to find the humor in what the boyz do. After all it isn't everyone's "cup of tea."
I met my fiancee at FH Rielys, and she has been into the boyz since NEW. She even did the 1st two WOW runs. So since we are friends with the same people you can say we do not live the normal Lifestyle. We found out that some of her friends where mine and those friends knew others, so it has become one big circle now. Any event big or small we are usually at, and work our schedules around them, just so that we can hangout with friends and have some fun. The constant texting, emailing, posting and calls on a daily basis about the show with all of us, attest to the fact that, other than running my company, the show is the only other thing going on.
Don't read me wrong, we all do just hang out together, comedy clubs, movies, dinners, concerts etc without the background of the show being involved because we are all friends, but we became friends by being interested in the show.
As different as my life has become in the last year or so, I know it has been for the better. I could go on and on about the friends I have now, who without "The Show" "Wackbag" "Paltalk" I would have never met. But I am not gonna..................

I would like to ask for Positive comments on this topic such as how your life is better or even funnier or how you handle things differently. :icon_roll :icon_roll

BUT honestly if it isn't WHY are you listening.

Quinn Martin

Tonight's Episode: Surfing In Blood
Mar 8, 2005
I'm much more a compulsive listener to the show than a lifestyle-type. Dating back to the WNEW days, I've always found a way to hear every hour of every show. In the old days, that sometimes required taping. These days, lots of MyFi-ing. Beyond that, I kick around here frequently, drop a few posts, and occasionally enter browser hell (a.k.a. Foundry Music). Otherwise, I've never been to an event, never met our pals, never called the show, never got a mention on the show, and I haven't diversified my Pest Portfolio into PalTalk and other venues. I'm mainly just someone addicted to the daily nine-hour dose of laughs I get from OnA and Ron & Fez (with a little Wackbag on the side).

Cromwell

Sep 28, 2004
Westbury, Long Island
Yeah - definitely working its way into my daily routine.

I've also been into "the show" since day 1 at WNEW. Actually remember listing to Opie on WBAB back in the early 90's.

Now with "The Walkover" between the two shows - its taken it now to another level. I'm there most every day - well, just because I can. There's a core group of us who go - mostly because we work nearby. Then the ever changing pieces that flow into and out of the picture.

Its cool. Check out these pics from this week:

getting "wired"

Opie and Jimmy doing what they do best (insult people :icon_mrgr )

Opie leads - Kenny glares :rolleyes:

Jun 10, 2006
Orlando
Well.... I live in Florida and have a shit paying job, so Traveling to NYC just to see The boys really isnt a realistic possibilty.....

......However.....

Yes, i live the lifestyle. I listen to the show... but I view it more of a "Project Mayhem" style..... Just going about my day-to-day business, infiltrating the system and society, just waiting for that perfect moment to plug the boys or come through with a service that will further the show and spread the virus.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
Is that the infamous "milk diva" Duane Reade?

I deliver pizzas at night and listening to every minute of the show has become a obsesive compulsion to me. I try to fit all of O&A and R&F into my weekly schedule but I only discovered the bbboys when I got XM back in Oct.

Loving all the old school NEW stuff they have been playing since the Free FM deal.

BigFeet

I'm a Black Ninja......Oh wait!!!
Oct 21, 2005
Syracuse, NY
Not really a lifestyle for me. More like an obsesion. It's hard to associate with only O&A fans here. Not a lot of Syracusans know about the pogram (yet).

SonnyForelli

The New Owner of the Original Wifflebat
Feb 4, 2005
Peabody Ma.
Ummmm, I think you people are nuts, what the hell are you talking about! O&A Lifestyle, how fucking retarded does that sound. Like someone is really going to base there life around a radio show.

BTW, is there any single women out there that are O&A fans so I can hook up with ya and I can divorce my wife and she can take everything I worked for ?

Jan 6, 2006
I am always out to infect people in North Georgia. I have gotten 2. There is not many out here to get because not many rednecks have XM.

Cromwell

Sep 28, 2004
Westbury, Long Island
jagsfans said:
Is that the infamous "milk diva" Duane Reade?
Why yes - yes it is. :icon_mrgr

Here's another shot of "The Walkover"

Two tusselable heads (and the man in black) - preparing to scare more innocent New Yorkers - just trying to get to their jobs!

Dec 20, 2004
Home of the Red Sawx
It definitely coincides with my lifestyle, which is why I love it in the first place. The aotms were right up my alley because I hate the media and how they operate, and I also enjoy being a dick to people that are douche bags. And the whole way they're constantly shitting on each other and making fun of everything is something I've done with my friends my whole life.

Basically, the show hasn't changed anything about me except for giving me more venues and opportunities to meet other assholes. I would never depend on the show/show-events for a life, but I will happily adjust my normal life to attend pest events, road shows, etc. It's one thing to listen to them, it's another to "get it".

Angelfuck

Part of the Ronnie B. crowd
Jan 6, 2006
Static Age
my friends think the show is funny but they dont really listen that often, its really just my bf, his brother and I who listen a lot. Ill agree the show is more of an obsession, I listen to the full show about 3 times a day, and Ill engage in online pest attacks just because im around the comp so much at work, I did jump at the chance to meet jimmy and the boys, I probably talk about the show a lot more than I should at work but the only events we attend are mostly comedy shows

Jan 25, 2006
Lake Worth, FL
Not so much of a lifestyle

But the show helps me get through the day, I've done a couple of sticker stops and I've supported a lot of the comedians on the show

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
the show is more my lifestyle.....I have been thought odd by most for my take on things....I feel like the blind mellon bumble bee girl when i listen to the boys... kinna like see im not crazy these guys think thats pretty wacked too.

perfect example, i tell alot of my older lady friends, that the guys in bars are treating them so good becauise there an easy mark,, no other reason... they say im nuts,,, then on todays show,,, BAM!!! the boys back up my theories as usual.

PS, Happy B day upcommining No Filt.

Arythmetics

Jan 29, 2006
I plan long driving trips around XM202 live and replays. Does that count as a lifestyle?

badcellphoneguy

Kansas City...Kansas City here they come!
Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
yes i would say it is a lifestyle. but here is the great thing about the o and a community we are really there for each other. for instance the pests help with rebuilding master po dungeon of doom. helping out with charities. when someone is down on their luck (not you patty and lady di(e)). We are a very interesting community. Nothing like i have ever seen from a radio show. What radio hosts are so accessible out there??? hmm hmm not many. O and A are two guys that if you see them and tell them that your a friend of the show wont blow you off with a holyier than thou attitude. If you see Opie on a street in Manhattan or if you see Ant walking around...umm well...Ant doesn't leave his house that much. Luv ya Ant! So thats my thoughts on the lifestyle thing.

see ya on the walkover

Garm

gegakljhg
Oct 23, 2005
Earth
When I retire, I will make this my lifestyle, but what brought my ass here is the show, and I'm so fucking happy when they go up in their careers b/c I trully believe from the first time I heard the show on wnew that these were gifted fucking people... and I always knew they'd be #1 so Im here cause Im selfish, cause I feel "right" cause I knew theyed be someone... But, really, they are incredible....

Hey stupid wake up.. It should be.. Bill ates, steve jobs, and OPIE and ANTHONY... I truly believe that.

XMScott

Its Business Time!
Aug 6, 2004
Its my major source of entertainment.

When they are on and off the air.
I cruise a few of the message boards and i can be found on palcrack here in there.

I love the Boys, I love XM!

T

thesz

I don't really know. I've listened to every show since they were syndicated to Sacramento in 2001, and during their Lil vacation I listened to every show from WNEW thanks to the wonderful world of the Internet. I don't really reply on message broads, but I do read them. I'm not a pest or I care to be, I just like listening.

M.i.S.

Girl, Baby Factory, Hole.
Mar 12, 2006
Nowhere In Particular
I'm in Sacramento too, and honestly?

I've seriously considered applying to SUNY Med School so I can be a for real and for true pest.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
Man, I rob my mom's Bible of $12.95 every month just so I can support my habit. :icon_roll

Manton

Apr 19, 2004
Never has been, never will. I like listening to the show, will go to an event if it's in Boston (go to school there), but won't go out of my way to meet anyone from the boards. It's an entertaining show. That's about it. No disrespect to those who do, of course.

Shaggz

Slaying Zombies
Jan 26, 2005
Kentucky
Quinn Martin said:
I'm much more a compulsive listener to the show than a lifestyle-type. Dating back to the WNEW days, I've always found a way to hear every hour of every show. In the old days, that sometimes required taping. These days, lots of MyFi-ing. Beyond that, I kick around here frequently, drop a few posts, and occasionally enter browser hell (a.k.a. Foundry Music). Otherwise, I've never been to an event, never met our pals, never called the show, never got a mention on the show, and I haven't diversified my Pest Portfolio into PalTalk and other venues. I'm mainly just someone addicted to the daily nine-hour dose of laughs I get from OnA and Ron & Fez (with a little Wackbag on the side).
^
What he said...
except I have had a few IF's read on air.