OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Is this a good gaming Laptop?

Discussion in 'Wackbag Tech Support' started by Psychopath, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

I plan on getting this in a few months after I get a job, I need something that is fast and can render 3d animations and play games decently. Here's the link and here are the specs
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+...218346639131&skuId=2712579&st=G74SX&cp=1&lp=1

Here are the specs

2. Off-White-Power

Off-White-Power High maintenance, low tolerance

I just bought an Alienware a couple weeks back and truthfully, it rocks as far as gaming. Much heavier though and fairly expensive.

3. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

That really doesn't answer my question.

4. jsc315

jsc315 AnalCunt

Are you going to be traveling a lot with this laptop? Honestly If you spend this much on a Gaming PC it will just blow you away! It's in no way bad but for that price you can get a gaming rig that is far much better for gaming! Playing a FPS game on a 17 screen with crap speakers is just not worth it with this price. Spend a 1500 on a great PC, the spend the rest on a good surround sound system and good size monitor. Though if this is going to be more then a gaming machine or traveling a lot then Yes it's great but just over priced.

You dont think 9.5 lbs is a lot but its a bitch to deal with caring that thing. I highly recommend a really good book bag for that thing as well. If you do decide to buy this laptop I highly recommend Everki Black Beacon Laptop Backpack.These are one of the best for these type of laptops and protects it from any drops weather proof and wont kill your arms caring this thing, It's perfect for gaming laptops.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834995958

5. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

My current laptop is uber heavy and I am used to carrying it. I much prefer the portability of a laptop over a tower.

6. the Streif

the Streif ¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
    Donator

She has a vagina, what did you expect?

7. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

If you are waiting a few months anyway, then shop around a bit more and don't settle on any particular brand. Computer hardware sales are in a slump right now, and the prices are going to come down quite a bit.

8. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

I like that laptop, especially at that price. A similar MSI system is $400 more from what I can tell.

9. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

I am This is just one I have my sights set on right now. Don I am glad you told me to check out Asus in that other thread, they have almost the same specs as an Alienware but are hundreds cheaper.

10. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Sometimes being contrary helps!