Is this hard drive good?

Turfmower

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
There are generally two standard interfaces. P-ATA and S-ATA. Yes, there are more but you have to look for them. Generally if it's S-ATA there will be something telling you it's S-ATA. S-ATA came along well after P-ATA IDE was standard.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Depending on how old the P4 is, the hard drive should come with a utility that will make sure that the hard drive can be recognized by your computer. The BIOS (the Basic Input Output System) of your computer may not properly recognize the full size of the drive. There are two way to deal with this -- do a BIOS upgrade before installing the new drive - usually available from the computer manufacturer's website. Or run the utility that comes the hard drive to trick the computer into properly recognizing the full capacity of the drive. If the BIOS cannot properly recognize the drive, you would only be able to access 137gig (or less).

Turfmower

I have the drive now bought it at staple. It was on sale there for $ 99.98 + tax and with the $20.00 coupon i got it $88.00 and i have it in hand now.

HumpX

Character Assassin
I have the drive now bought it at staple. It was on sale there for $ 99.98 + tax and with the $20.00 coupon i got it $88.00 and i have it in hand now.
cool. Good luck with it. :)