Is this safe for fuel injected vehicles?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I got like a whole case of this and wanted to make sure I can actually use it on anything besides my lawn mower.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I got like a whole case of this and wanted to make sure I can actually use it on anything besides my lawn mower.

The can will probably get stuck in the fuel pump.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002

That shits great for all kinds of stuff, it’s basically aerosolized acetone, basically it’s just a degreaser, it’s not just for carbs

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
That shits great for all kinds of stuff, it’s basically aerosolized acetone, basically it’s just a degreaser, it’s not just for carbs
Cool. I just wanted to make sure it was safe for spraying down a throttle body.

I got the whole case for like six bucks if I remember correctly.

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012

You can buy Throttle Body Cleaner for that. It's the same thing in a different can.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002

Honestly you will get more use out of it cleaning paint off stuff and starting fires

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Understood. I remember back when fuel-injection was becoming popular I had it beat into my head that you couldn't use old-fashioned carb cleaner because it would strip some kind of coating off the throttle body and/or fuck up sensors.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Understood. I remember back when fuel-injection was becoming popular I had it beat into my head that you couldn't use old-fashioned carb cleaner because it would strip some kind of coating off the throttle body and/or fuck up sensors.
In theory if you were to spray it on hot mass airflow sensor you could fuck it up, So, I would avoid that, check any online diagram for your car to locate it, and spray beyond it, quite frankly it’s rare nowadays to have issues with “carbon” or “varnish” because most cars injectors are very close to the combustion chambers eliminating places for goop to accumulate, the old TBI systems were a different story, honestly I can’t remember the last time I used carb cleaner for anything other than actual carbs on small engines, or, to use as a fuel supply to check to see if a fuel pump was bad, nothing like running next to a car spraying carb cleaner into it to avoid pushing it