Is your baseball team eliminated?

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I almost posted this in the Sports thread, but they seemed so team or league specific. Besides, my reason for this thread is to see how it will now affect your daily routine, etc.

My favorite team, the Dodgers, just got eliminated last week I HATE when people say MY Team...). Unless you're a part owner, or live in Green Bay, you're just a fan, even though I'm guilty of it once in awhile myself.

This sucks, I went to 10 games this year between San Diego, Anaheim, and L.A. and they were 2 for 10 in those games. I watched 90 percent of the games (Thank you ReplayTV DVR!) and listened to them on XM.

I was at the last playoff game they won, the home game where Jose Lima pitched the game of his career against the Cardinals in 2004.

But now here it is late September and have nothing to be excited about. I haven't been an avid fan of the NFL since the Rams moved to St. Louis, So I don't even have that. So now I'm more forced to root against teams more than anything else. I'd like to see the Angels go all the way, but I'm sure 90 percent of Wackbag still has a team with postseason hopes.

You've got Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, Cleveland, Chicago, and Philly all still in it.

Personally, I'm just rooting against the Padres, so I guess I'm jumping on the Philly bandwagon for now.

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
my Padres haven't completely choked yet, but after this weekend they seem well on their way.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
There sure are a lot of people hopping on the Phils bandwagon!
What the phuck is up with that? Phaggots!! :action-sm:D

I'm not sure if the Phils will make it, but my dream scenario is if the Mets knocked the Phils out of the NLCS, then beat the Yanks in the World Series to avenge 2000!!!

Will that happen?! Not with this ridiculous joke of a bullpen my team has... but a guy can dream!

grail

Tahini sauce in my drawers
Sep 24, 2005
MN
Nope, Go Indians!

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
2 games outta first and currently tied for the wildcard...nothing is ever definite in Philly but things are looking OK for now.

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
I hate when people call you a frontrunner for rooting for the yankees even if your from that city.....So no my team aint out!

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Was is it like to not have a baseball team to root for at least one week in October?
I do get some satisfaction by pointing out spelling errors from fans. Especially Yankee fans. "Was it Like?"

And don't worry, I'll be rooting for somebody during every game. The Yankees will definitely NOT be on that list.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Not yet, but I fully expect them to shit the bed the 2nd last game of the season just to give their usual tease.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Was is it like to not have a baseball team to root for at least one week in October?
Move to Dallas and find out.

We have to have the highest payroll to winning percentage ratio in the history of professional sports.

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA

6 games to play
3 vs Atl
3 vs Was
Tied for the Wild Card
2 games out of the NL East