• No

Votes: 84 41.2%

• Total voters

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Hoo-hoo, I'm ripping off SOS

Is Your Father Your Hero?

MJ001

Came over from India in the 70's with nothing in his bank account. Slept in hostels and on stranger's couches while working as a doctor at the age of 21. Built an empire for himself here in the states as a surgeon and patenting surgical equipment.

Built a hospital in India to help those who couldn't afford healthcare.

Almost in his 60's now and is starting another huge company that he intends to take public within 5 years and is working harder than I've ever seen him despite being incredibly sick.

Voted one of the top 50 most influencial Indians living outside of India a couple of years back.

At the risk of sounding like a pussy, if I could grow up to be a fucking tenth of what my dad is, I'd be lucky.

Plus he passed on his natural genius to me so I didn't have to work hard at school to get good grades :D

.....so what i'm saying is I voted "yes"

EDIT: Ron Bennington is number 2

chewonmysac

I paid the extra two Bucks
Used to be. When I was a Kid. Now I look up to the likes of the Midnight Rider and Jim Norton. They need capes.

debisjb

Rat on your pop, and Keyser Soze will get you...
Hasselhoff......

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Yes, yes he is.

lucky

Shoot the speakers
Very much so and I try to live my life so he would be proud of me.

My father is my biggest hero, and since my mother died he's really been my strength in how he's been handling this. I'm sure he breaks down when he's by himself but he's been putting on the brave face when he's home. As i've been when i'm around him. We'll even watch something and both say what she'd be saying about certain things like everyone's favorite sparkling wiggle "Reverend Al" and have a laugh.:)

vegasbob

I would guess that not Many from the African American Community know who their Father is.

Oh yea, this thinking came from My dear ole' Dad so thus he could be my Hero.

GLENN_THE_TOOL

The reward is cheese.
I thought a hero was a sandwich ?
now i'm starvin'.

my father's an alcoholic who got a DUI and lost his license (which turned into a 6-year suspension because he kept driving despite the suspensions and even did jail time for it), lost his job, and thus ended up losing our house, ended up practically homeless for about two months, and had to move into a roach-infested dump of an apartment with asshole neighbors who slash your car tires if you park somewhere they don't want you to. gee, thanks Dad.

alt130

Frunkis.net
now i'm starvin'.

my father's an alcoholic who got a DUI and lost his license (which turned into a 6-year suspension because he kept driving despite the suspensions and even did jail time for it), lost his job, and thus ended up losing our house, ended up practically homeless for about two months, and had to move into a roach-infested dump of an apartment with asshole neighbors who slash your car tires if you park somewhere they don't want you to. gee, thanks Dad.
So you're saying... yes?

theo

my dad is a good guy in most regards, and i love him and have a decent relationship with him, but he isn't really hero material. he is kind of a loser as far as living up to his potential, and he is the type of dad who lectures you as a far (he still loves Bush and is offended Rumsfeld is gone) right wing Christian blowhard, but will still end the conversation by asking me to find him pot.

I'd have to say no. I love the man but he's too selfish to be a hero. In fact, I've never looked at anyone as a hero.

reddog_2711

Is Your Father Your Hero?
When I was little, I thought he was, but then I grew up and learned the meaning of the word "reality".

He either bowled, played softball or cards 6 to 7 nights a week and was never home. He was, and is a major, although non-violent alcoholic. The day I (the youngest kid) moved out of the house, he left my mother, his wife of 30 years, with no notice. She was the stereotypical housewife with no means to provide for herself, and she is still destitute some 15 years later, and is now on welfare just so she can have healthcare. He moved to Florida and blew a 1/2 million dollar workmans comp settlement in 6 years with nothing to show for it and now works at Home Depot for beer money and rent. Other than a rare email, I haven't heard from him in 5 years......and last but not least, he couldn't even be bothered contacting me in any way for my birthday a couple of days ago.

Thanks for letting me vent, and also for reminding myself why I'm such a good father to my 3 kids.

Lonelily

put something clever here
My father was also an alcoholic. My mother divorced him and he never let any of us forget that. He's a joke of a person. He always says that if god wanted him to be sober, he would be. Now, my step-father on the other hand, is great. Never treated me like anything less than his own.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Actually, yes he is. He never speaks about it, but he was decorated about as close as you can come to the Congressional Medal of Honor for his actions in Vietnam. We didn't even know about it until his stroke and his sisters told us about the mortar that went off close enough to him to kill his hearing in one ear and three of his men, including his team's translator. He got his remaining men back to base alive and had during his military career 20 confirmed kills, 10 from that encounter alone. (you have no Idea the work I went throught to get that info)
Unbenownst to any of us, he paid for all of his translator's family to get educations through college.
He was in the FBI and had his partner wig out and pull his gun on him on a roof in NYC and tell him to jump off or get shot..He survived that. He decided to leave the Fbi and become a Lawyer...which he did.
He made alot of sacrifices for both me and my sister, even in lean years to give me and my sister great educations.
Plus, he put up with my psyco mom's bullshit for 40 years.
(Sorry so long winded)

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
My dad is definitely my hero. He was always there for us when we were younger and is still there for us today. The man has a heart of gold. He worked three jobs so that we could all go to Catholic schools - elementary & high school - and put us through college. He always said that our job was to get a good education and nothing more....we were "allowed" to work part time for pocket money, but school always came first. When I was sick, he was the one who came to the hospital every day to see me. He was the one who gave me the strength to finally walk away from the abusive ass I nearly married & the one who did the most to help rebuild my shattered self-esteem and confidence.

I could go on, but then you'd all need a box of tissues.... but yes, Daddy is my hero.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
although there was those two times he pulled his .357 on me.
My Father did and does still back me and my sister in what we do 100 percent. He was the one who told me when I was considering my move to go for it.. don't live life with regrets.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
when I was a kid I didnt consider him my hero, I always loved and looked up to him but he was always just dad.

Recently in light of certain events my opinion has definitely changed, my admiration and respect for him has jumped enormously. If I can be half as successful and calm under pressure as him then I will be happy