Islamic history will now be foisted on all British kids in school

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Islamic history will now be foisted on all British kids in school

The Daily Caller

Beginning in 2014, the United Kingdom will require all British schoolchildren to complete a unit on the history of Islam, proudly reports Press TV, Iran’s very own 24-hour English language news organization.

British Education Secretary Michael Gove announced the addition of a Muslim-specific component after revisions were made to address an outcry over a prior draft that did not include any references to the monotheistic Abrahamic religion.

Muslims were among the most vocal critics. The Muslim Council of Britain, which represents about 500 Islamic institutes across Britain, declared that it was “deeply disappointed.”

The revised curriculum is “great,” though, according to Salim Mulla, chairman of the Lancashire Council of Mosques. Sulla believes that people in the country could use “a better understanding of all faiths,” notes Press TV.

“There is already a good understanding of Christianity taught in schools,” Mulla told the Iranian media outlet. “But I don’t think a lot of Christians really understand what the Muslim faith is about.”

Islam is technically the third-largest religious affiliation in the country, according to The Guardian. Christianity is the largest religious group. People claiming to have no religion is the second. Those two groups make up the vast majority of Britons.

A spokesman for the Blackburn Diocese Board of Education spoke favorably of the new draft curriculum.

“As is well known, the early Islamic civilizations gave much to the world,” the spokesman said, “and we would certainly support the teaching of such an important part of world history.”

The British government is currently establishing a new national curriculum for primary and secondary education. The finished product is supposed to be introduced in schools in the fall of 2014.
http://news.yahoo.com/islamic-history-now-foisted-british-kids-school-123204739.html

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
If they're already learning about all the other religions it only seems practical to near about one of the largest religions in the world.

“As is well known, the early Islamic civilizations gave much to the world,”
Unfortunately the latter Islamic civilizations haven't followed through.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Do the Muslims have to learn about Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism etc?

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
It's My Birthday!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
If this is just some shit they are adding to an R.E class it means nothing, no-one takes that.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
If they're already learning about all the other religions it only seems practical to near about one of the largest religions in the world.
My high school taught us about the origins and spread of all of the major religions. I'm surprised the oh-so-superior British school system wasn't already teaching Islamic history.

ShiftyMH

May 31, 2004
Hopefully they teach them EVERYTHING about Islam. They need to know what the enemies of their country are up to.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
My high school taught us about the origins and spread of all of the major religions. I'm surprised the oh-so-superior British school system wasn't already teaching Islamic history.
They're too busy memorizing all their kings and queens.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah, this is gonna be about as objective as the eulogy at Kim Il Jong's funeral.

An excerpt from the textbook:
And then the Holy Prophet who's image you shall never depict or rightfully face beheading golfed 19 holes in one on an 18 hole course. And he has two cocks. Whenever he gets a blessed erection, they are the size and shape of the World Trade Center. Which the Jews brought down to make Islam look bad, btw.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
The growing influence of Islam over there oughta go well with the legalization of gay marriage... The muzzies love the gays.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
I just flushed 9 inches of islamic history down the terlit while reading my kindle.

English Gent

Feb 15, 2005
Err, we've always had religious education in schools here. When I was a kid I think it consisted of a couple of school terms learning about the various major world religions. It's possible that the subject was dropped by the previous Labour Government, though. Not sure.

MalcomOopsGotShot

White House Spokesperson
May 23, 2013
FBI Surveillance Van down the street
Err, we've always had religious education in schools here. When I was a kid I think it consisted of a couple of school terms learning about the various major world religions. It's possible that the subject was dropped by the previous Labour Government, though. Not sure.
Are Winston Churchill's politically incorrect views never mentioned whatsoever in the history books?