OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Israel Admits to Jewish Ethiopian Genocide

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Owenay, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Owenay

Owenay Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...

I've suddenly got a slew of lib/prog 'friends' on FB hyperventilating about this story and how they believe it amounts to genocide. I've got a few real friends whose opinions I usually value agreeing with them.

Genocide? Spending millions to help refugees flee danger in their home country is not genocide. Refusing them as refugees would be closer to genocide.

As I understand it droves of Jewish Ethiopians flee their shithole home country (where Jews and Christians are frequently murdered by Muslims for their religion) to migrate to Israel without a penny to their names and as a result have to be housed in what are essentially refugee camps. Now the Israeli government is left with a conundrum. They've got thousands of refugees that they have to house, clothe, feed, and treat medically with the tax-payer dollars of the citizens. So they decided that so long as they are unable to provide for themselves, as long as they require the assistance of the State to provide for the basic necessities of life, then those refugees should be prohibited from reproducing and adding more economic strain to the country (already under threat of REAL genocide from all sides) and a more difficult time of rising out of that need for dependency because of a newborn child.

In addition, the birth control used is not permanent. The Depo-Provera shot is only affective for at most 10 months (shots are administered every 3 months to American women on this BC), at which time the woman would have to receive another shot. If the refugee did not return for reevaluation after that period, she would be fully able to become pregnant again. And if she did return for reevaluation, the need for another shot would then be determined.

Now it can most certainly be debated whether or not this policy is right or wrong, just or injust. Could the process have been conducted in a more empathetic manner, with a greater effort made to help these women understand what the shot was all about? Sure, but to suggest that what this is genocide is so breathtakingly absurd and ignorant that my brain feels like it's going to explode just trying to formulate a response. No one has been killed. NO ONE. Not a single life is even created to be taken away. Depo's primary function is to prevent ovulation, so an egg doesn't even exist to be fertilized. Yes, there is also a component of the shot that also prevents the sperm from penetrating an egg, but that's only a failsafe measure for the very unlikely instance where the primary function fails. (Which IMO is irrelevant since the very same people crying GENOCIDE now will all also say that a fertilized egg isn’t a human life anyway with regards to abortion).

Which brings me to my final point... These hypocrites who’re suggesting that this Israeli policy amounts to genocide (liberals, progressives) will at the same time support tax-payer funded abortions on demand of ACTUAL living beings right in their own neighborhoods. Now THAT is genocide. Just look at NYC alone where over 40% all pregnancies end in abortion, including nearly 60% of all black babies. Now THAT is genocide. Especially when you consider that Planned Parenthood, the organization tied directly to 90% of the abortions was founded with the expressed purpose of “weeding out the undesirables”, SPECIFICALLY blacks.

So what do you guys think? Am I wrong about something here? Am I missing some important detail?

2. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Sounds like old fashioned racism, IMO.

3. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

There is a great response to this horseshit on this website but it's in Hebrew, so I will translate if for you to use

The exact quote from the chief of staff of the Ministry of Health was:

No admission, no nothing.

4. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

5. Owenay

Owenay Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...

Thanks Neon. Is there any truth to the claim that the Israeli government requires or even encourages these refugees to be on birth control for any amount of time at all? Personally I wouldn't have much of a problem so long is it wasn't some kind of permanent sterilization, especially in that part of the world. Sure part of me isn't too keen on the idea of the State requiring it's citizens take any drug against their will, but at least I'd understand the rationale behind it if it were true. I just don't' want to be disseminating false information to people when I'm trying to get through to them. Regardless, under no definition of the word does any of this amount to genocide...

6. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Sure thing. Just fighting the good fight.

And no. Zero zero truth. Or at least zero evidence. Here are some quotes from the original Ha'aretz article dated December 9, 2012:

AJJDC (The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee) said: "Family planning seminars are one of the services we offer to immigrants who request it. We give the women information about family planning and spacing out births, but do not advise them to establish small families. It is a matter of personal choice, but we let them know that it is possibly. Claims by women that 'refusal to receive the shot will prevent them from medical care, financial aid, or hurt their chances to immigrate to Israel' are nonsense. The medial team is not directly or indirectly involved in financial aid and the Joint [as they call the AJJDC] is also not involved in the immigration process. Regarding the use of Depo-Provera, studies show that it is the most common pregnancy prevention method among Ethiopian women."

Israeli Health Ministry said: "We do not instruct or encourage use of Depo-Provera, and if such a thing was done, it was carried out in contrast to our position. The Health Ministry provides comprehensive family planning as part of Tipat Halav [government subsidized child care system]. This advise is also given by HMO physicians."

Jewish Agency said: "We view with severity any attempt to interfere in the family planning processes of Ethiopian immigrants. Immigrant centers and activities in Ethiopia never included family planning seminars. The transitional facility in Gondar [city in Ethiopia], which is mentioned in the study, was managed by other bodies in the past."

The Education Ministry, which is in charge of teachers at immigrant centers said: "From an internal investigation we have no records of such cases [women being threatened that they will be denied care or the ability to immigrate without Depo-Provera shots]. Teachers are instructed not to interfere in the personal lives of students. With view with severity statements such as these.

The immigration process is aided by the Joint and the Jewish Agency, which is why both responded as well.

#6 Neon, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  7. THRILLHO

THRILLHO Registered User

I wish we would sterilize our negroes.

8. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

What a surprise. Liberals lying about Israel.

9. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

I don't see the issue here. The govt is preventing an increased burden on the tax payers by making sure these nignogs, which reproduce like rabbits ESP Ethiopians seem to be fertile as fuck, don't reproduce while getting govt assistance. I wish our govt would do this.

10. UrsusHorribilis

UrsusHorribilis Registered User

Why do first world countries like US, Western Europe, and Canada (and now apparently, Israel--but with notable exception of Japan) feel obligated to import hordes of third world bums? I recall reading about how our Somali "refugees" routinely gravitate to areas with the best handouts--Lewiston, Maine and Minneapolis among them.

Nobody can say anything because of PC.

11. Wrecktum

Wrecktum Tounge puncher of fart boxes

They should do that shit here.

12. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Israel is different thought because of the Jewish thing. Bringing over Jewish immigrants from all over the place has been a thing since its founding. And the Ethiopians are actually assimilating quite well. Sure, they still have a ways to go, and they are generally poorer and more susceptible to social ills, but It's only been a little over 20 years. Give it another generation and thing will get even better.

13. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Hey, someone tell Obama I know how to get his immigration plan passed.

14. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

Do you really think abortions for all those inner-city gals is a bad thing? Really?

15. Yesterdays Hero

Yesterdays Hero She's better than you, Smirkalicious.

I don't see what the big problem is. The U.S. has been doing the same thing to their own people for decades. Just ask Kirk. : P

16. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Wtf? Depo-Provera is widely used, everywhere. It prevents pregnancy, like condoms or the pill. Saying that it's genocide is like saying that telling them to wear condoms is genocide. You'd have to be retarded beyond belief to say that.

These dirtbags are really running out of shit to spread about Israel, huh? What happened, Hamas forgot to place some children in the line of fire this week?

No, that's not genocide either. The stupidity of saying that killing "living beings" is genocide is mind boggling. You kill millions of actual living beings every time you wash your hands with soap. Genocide is killing people with the purpose of exterminating a race or ethnic group.

#16 Norm Stansfield, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  17. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Yes.

18. Falldog

Falldog Wackbag's Best Conservative
    Donator

This was an episode of Stargate.

19. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Only with better acting.

20. Sunsetspawn

Sunsetspawn Registered User

The one that was ultimately resolved with time travel or the one where Teal'c was discriminated against because he was a Jaffa nigger?

21. Falldog

Falldog Wackbag's Best Conservative
    Donator

The time travel one.

22. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.

No shit, for a minimum of five years.

23. Wrecktum

Wrecktum Tounge puncher of fart boxes

No the whole time you are on assistance you shouldn't be allowed to make more burdens.

24. SatansCheerledr

SatansCheerledr Ideologically Unsound

That's called a two-for. That's all that is.