Israel Admits to Jewish Ethiopian Genocide

Owenay

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...
May 10, 2007
Bizarro World
I've suddenly got a slew of lib/prog 'friends' on FB hyperventilating about this story and how they believe it amounts to genocide. I've got a few real friends whose opinions I usually value agreeing with them.

Alistair Dawber

Jerusalem
Sunday 27 January 2013

Israel has admitted for the first time that it has been giving Ethiopian Jewish immigrants birth-control injections, often without their knowledge or consent.

The government had previously denied the practice but the Israeli Health Ministry’s director-general has now ordered gynaecologists to stop administering the drugs. According a report in Haaretz, suspicions were first raised by an investigative journalist, Gal Gabbay, who interviewed more than 30 women from Ethiopia in an attempt to discover why birth rates in the community had fallen dramatically.

One of the Ethiopian women who was interviewed is quoted as saying: “They [medical staff] told us they are inoculations. We took it every three months. We said we didn’t want to.” It is alleged that some of the women were forced or coerced to take the drug while in transit camps in Ethiopia.

The drug in question is thought to be Depo-Provera, which is injected every three months and is considered to be a highly effective, long-lasting contraceptive.

Nearly 100,000 Ethiopian Jews have moved to Israel under the Law of Return since the 1980s, but their Jewishness has been questioned by some rabbis. Last year, the Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, who also holds the health portfolio, warned that illegal immigrants from Africa “threaten our existence as a Jewish and democratic state”.

Haaretz published an extract from a letter sent by the Ministry of Health to units administering the drug. Doctors were told “not to renew prescriptions for Depo Provera for women of Ethiopian origin if for any reason there is concern that they might not understand the ramifications of the treatment”.

Sharona Eliahu Chai, a lawyer for the Association of Civil Rights in Israel (ACRI), said: “Findings from investigations into the use of Depo Provera are extremely worrisome, raising concerns of harmful health policies with racist implications in violation of medical ethics. The Ministry of Health’s director-general was right to act quickly and put forth new guidelines.”

Genocide? Spending millions to help refugees flee danger in their home country is not genocide. Refusing them as refugees would be closer to genocide.

As I understand it droves of Jewish Ethiopians flee their shithole home country (where Jews and Christians are frequently murdered by Muslims for their religion) to migrate to Israel without a penny to their names and as a result have to be housed in what are essentially refugee camps. Now the Israeli government is left with a conundrum. They've got thousands of refugees that they have to house, clothe, feed, and treat medically with the tax-payer dollars of the citizens. So they decided that so long as they are unable to provide for themselves, as long as they require the assistance of the State to provide for the basic necessities of life, then those refugees should be prohibited from reproducing and adding more economic strain to the country (already under threat of REAL genocide from all sides) and a more difficult time of rising out of that need for dependency because of a newborn child.

In addition, the birth control used is not permanent. The Depo-Provera shot is only affective for at most 10 months (shots are administered every 3 months to American women on this BC), at which time the woman would have to receive another shot. If the refugee did not return for reevaluation after that period, she would be fully able to become pregnant again. And if she did return for reevaluation, the need for another shot would then be determined.

Now it can most certainly be debated whether or not this policy is right or wrong, just or injust. Could the process have been conducted in a more empathetic manner, with a greater effort made to help these women understand what the shot was all about? Sure, but to suggest that what this is genocide is so breathtakingly absurd and ignorant that my brain feels like it's going to explode just trying to formulate a response. No one has been killed. NO ONE. Not a single life is even created to be taken away. Depo's primary function is to prevent ovulation, so an egg doesn't even exist to be fertilized. Yes, there is also a component of the shot that also prevents the sperm from penetrating an egg, but that's only a failsafe measure for the very unlikely instance where the primary function fails. (Which IMO is irrelevant since the very same people crying GENOCIDE now will all also say that a fertilized egg isn’t a human life anyway with regards to abortion).

Which brings me to my final point... These hypocrites who’re suggesting that this Israeli policy amounts to genocide (liberals, progressives) will at the same time support tax-payer funded abortions on demand of ACTUAL living beings right in their own neighborhoods. Now THAT is genocide. Just look at NYC alone where over 40% all pregnancies end in abortion, including nearly 60% of all black babies. Now THAT is genocide. Especially when you consider that Planned Parenthood, the organization tied directly to 90% of the abortions was founded with the expressed purpose of “weeding out the undesirables”, SPECIFICALLY blacks.

So what do you guys think? Am I wrong about something here? Am I missing some important detail?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
There is a great response to this horseshit on this website but it's in Hebrew, so I will translate if for you to use

"Regarding Depo-Provera, I refer you to my casual browsing of the "Isha L'Isha" study from 2010 that started this fire (including the lie in Ha'aretz's headline, since nobody admitted to anything, in complete contrast to the content of the actual story!)

First failure: The projection of the total users of Ethiopian ethnicity vs. the general population. The patterns of settlement of the general population [in Israel] are completely different from that of Ethiopia. Being more rural, there is indeed a suspicion that it had been exposed to Depo-Provera originally. In addition, lacking ever-present medical services, Depo-Provera has a significant advantage due to its duration.

Second failure: The number of interviewees and the types of interviews. These are mostly group interviews! There are 9 non-group interviews and 2 group interviews of 10 and 20 women respectively. If this is so sensitive, why were group interviews chosen?!

Third failure: Side effects. What is the standard percentage of doctors that report side effects to their patients? To portray a phenomenon as being abnormal, one must first establish the norm. Considering the lack of data, this would be very difficult.

Fourth failure: Statistically speaking, more interviewees claimed that they chose Depo-Provera despite knowing of other contraceptives. In an interview at the immigrant assimilation center, 9 of 10 women made this claim. That is more than the total number of non-group interviewees.

And the worst failure: From the facts in the report, there is no evidence to support the claim of an intentional policy to lower birth rates, which is the main issue here. This is, at most, negligence and disorder that often typify our government's conduct."
The exact quote from the chief of staff of the Ministry of Health was:

"Without taking a stand or determining facts regarding the claims made in this context, I am instructing that from now on, all gynecologists working with the HMO should not renew Depo-Provera prescriptions to Ethiopian or other women who are at risk of not understanding the implications of the treatment."
No admission, no nothing.

Owenay

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...
May 10, 2007
Bizarro World
Thanks Neon. Is there any truth to the claim that the Israeli government requires or even encourages these refugees to be on birth control for any amount of time at all? Personally I wouldn't have much of a problem so long is it wasn't some kind of permanent sterilization, especially in that part of the world. Sure part of me isn't too keen on the idea of the State requiring it's citizens take any drug against their will, but at least I'd understand the rationale behind it if it were true. I just don't' want to be disseminating false information to people when I'm trying to get through to them. Regardless, under no definition of the word does any of this amount to genocide...

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Thanks Neon. Is there any truth to the claim that the Israeli government requires or even encourages these refugees to be on birth control for any amount of time at all? Personally I wouldn't have much of a problem so long is it wasn't some kind of permanent sterilization, especially in that part of the world. Sure part of me isn't too keen on the idea of the State requiring it's citizens take any drug against their will, but at least I'd understand the rationale behind it if it were true. I just don't' want to be disseminating false information to people when I'm trying to get through to them. Regardless, under no definition of the word does any of this amount to genocide...
Sure thing. Just fighting the good fight.

And no. Zero zero truth. Or at least zero evidence. Here are some quotes from the original Ha'aretz article dated December 9, 2012:

AJJDC (The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee) said: "Family planning seminars are one of the services we offer to immigrants who request it. We give the women information about family planning and spacing out births, but do not advise them to establish small families. It is a matter of personal choice, but we let them know that it is possibly. Claims by women that 'refusal to receive the shot will prevent them from medical care, financial aid, or hurt their chances to immigrate to Israel' are nonsense. The medial team is not directly or indirectly involved in financial aid and the Joint [as they call the AJJDC] is also not involved in the immigration process. Regarding the use of Depo-Provera, studies show that it is the most common pregnancy prevention method among Ethiopian women."

Israeli Health Ministry said: "We do not instruct or encourage use of Depo-Provera, and if such a thing was done, it was carried out in contrast to our position. The Health Ministry provides comprehensive family planning as part of Tipat Halav [government subsidized child care system]. This advise is also given by HMO physicians."

Jewish Agency said: "We view with severity any attempt to interfere in the family planning processes of Ethiopian immigrants. Immigrant centers and activities in Ethiopia never included family planning seminars. The transitional facility in Gondar [city in Ethiopia], which is mentioned in the study, was managed by other bodies in the past."

The Education Ministry, which is in charge of teachers at immigrant centers said: "From an internal investigation we have no records of such cases [women being threatened that they will be denied care or the ability to immigrate without Depo-Provera shots]. Teachers are instructed not to interfere in the personal lives of students. With view with severity statements such as these.

The immigration process is aided by the Joint and the Jewish Agency, which is why both responded as well.

Last edited:

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
I don't see the issue here. The govt is preventing an increased burden on the tax payers by making sure these nignogs, which reproduce like rabbits ESP Ethiopians seem to be fertile as fuck, don't reproduce while getting govt assistance. I wish our govt would do this.

UrsusHorribilis

May 2, 2006
Why do first world countries like US, Western Europe, and Canada (and now apparently, Israel--but with notable exception of Japan) feel obligated to import hordes of third world bums? I recall reading about how our Somali "refugees" routinely gravitate to areas with the best handouts--Lewiston, Maine and Minneapolis among them.

Nobody can say anything because of PC.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Why do first world countries like US, Western Europe, and Canada (and now apparently, Israel--but with notable exception of Japan) feel obligated to import hordes of third world bums? I recall reading about how our Somali "refugees" routinely gravitate to areas with the best handouts--Lewiston, Maine and Minneapolis among them.

Nobody can say anything because of PC.
Israel is different thought because of the Jewish thing. Bringing over Jewish immigrants from all over the place has been a thing since its founding. And the Ethiopians are actually assimilating quite well. Sure, they still have a ways to go, and they are generally poorer and more susceptible to social ills, but It's only been a little over 20 years. Give it another generation and thing will get even better.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Hey, someone tell Obama I know how to get his immigration plan passed.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
I've suddenly got a slew of lib/prog 'friends' on FB hyperventilating about this story and how they believe it amounts to genocide. I've got a few real friends whose opinions I usually value agreeing with them.

Genocide? Spending millions to help refugees flee danger in their home country is not genocide. Refusing them as refugees would be closer to genocide.

As I understand it droves of Jewish Ethiopians flee their shithole home country (where Jews and Christians are frequently murdered by Muslims for their religion) to migrate to Israel without a penny to their names and as a result have to be housed in what are essentially refugee camps. Now the Israeli government is left with a conundrum. They've got thousands of refugees that they have to house, clothe, feed, and treat medically with the tax-payer dollars of the citizens. So they decided that so long as they are unable to provide for themselves, as long as they require the assistance of the State to provide for the basic necessities of life, then those refugees should be prohibited from reproducing and adding more economic strain to the country (already under threat of REAL genocide from all sides) and a more difficult time of rising out of that need for dependency because of a newborn child.

In addition, the birth control used is not permanent. The Depo-Provera shot is only affective for at most 10 months (shots are administered every 3 months to American women on this BC), at which time the woman would have to receive another shot. If the refugee did not return for reevaluation after that period, she would be fully able to become pregnant again. And if she did return for reevaluation, the need for another shot would then be determined.

Now it can most certainly be debated whether or not this policy is right or wrong, just or injust. Could the process have been conducted in a more empathetic manner, with a greater effort made to help these women understand what the shot was all about? Sure, but to suggest that what this is genocide is so breathtakingly absurd and ignorant that my brain feels like it's going to explode just trying to formulate a response. No one has been killed. NO ONE. Not a single life is even created to be taken away. Depo's primary function is to prevent ovulation, so an egg doesn't even exist to be fertilized. Yes, there is also a component of the shot that also prevents the sperm from penetrating an egg, but that's only a failsafe measure for the very unlikely instance where the primary function fails. (Which IMO is irrelevant since the very same people crying GENOCIDE now will all also say that a fertilized egg isn’t a human life anyway with regards to abortion).

Which brings me to my final point... These hypocrites who’re suggesting that this Israeli policy amounts to genocide (liberals, progressives) will at the same time support tax-payer funded abortions on demand of ACTUAL living beings right in their own neighborhoods. Now THAT is genocide. Just look at NYC alone where over 40% all pregnancies end in abortion, including nearly 60% of all black babies. Now THAT is genocide. Especially when you consider that Planned Parenthood, the organization tied directly to 90% of the abortions was founded with the expressed purpose of “weeding out the undesirables”, SPECIFICALLY blacks.

So what do you guys think? Am I wrong about something here? Am I missing some important detail?
Do you really think abortions for all those inner-city gals is a bad thing? Really?

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
I don't see what the big problem is. The U.S. has been doing the same thing to their own people for decades. Just ask Kirk. : P

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Wtf? Depo-Provera is widely used, everywhere. It prevents pregnancy, like condoms or the pill. Saying that it's genocide is like saying that telling them to wear condoms is genocide. You'd have to be retarded beyond belief to say that.

These dirtbags are really running out of shit to spread about Israel, huh? What happened, Hamas forgot to place some children in the line of fire this week?

Which brings me to my final point... These hypocrites who’re suggesting that this Israeli policy amounts to genocide (liberals, progressives) will at the same time support tax-payer funded abortions on demand of ACTUAL living beings right in their own neighborhoods. Now THAT is genocide.
No, that's not genocide either. The stupidity of saying that killing "living beings" is genocide is mind boggling. You kill millions of actual living beings every time you wash your hands with soap. Genocide is killing people with the purpose of exterminating a race or ethnic group.

Last edited:

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005
This was an episode of Stargate.
The one that was ultimately resolved with time travel or the one where Teal'c was discriminated against because he was a Jaffa nigger?