Israel's short memory

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
JERUSALEM - Israel said Sunday it would turn away refugees from the wartorn Darfur region of Sudan in an effort to stop the flow of Africans across Israel's southern border with Egypt.

Overnight, Israel expelled to Egypt about 50 Africans who had entered Israel through Egypt's Sinai desert, Israeli government spokesman David Baker said. It was not immediately clear if any of those sent back were from Darfur, he said.

"The policy of returning back anyone who enters Israel illegally will pertain to everyone, including those from Darfur," Baker said.

Israel has until now accepted about 400 refugees from the Darfur region, according to Eytan Schwartz, an advocate for Darfur refugees in Israel. Fighting between ethnic African rebels and pro-government militias in the Western Sudanese region has killed more than 200,000 people and displaced 2.5 million since February 2003.

The refugees are among 1,160 Sudanese and a total of 2,800 Africans who have entered Israel in recent years.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
What's your point? I wouldn't want tons of illegals coming into the country that I lived in that aren't productive either.

Israel is a small country, they can't support tons of people who won't be productive.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
not shit, why do you think they are trying to boot out the Palestinians

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
What's your point? I wouldn't want tons of illegals coming into the country that I lived in that aren't productive either.

Israel is a small country, they can't support tons of people who won't be productive.
The point is that it wasn't long ago that they were the victims of genocide and people gave them refuge. I'm neither for or against it, it's just an observation. What makes you think they're not productive?

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
The point is that it wasn't long ago that they were the victims of genocide and people gave them refuge. I'm neither for or against it, it's just an observation. What makes you think they're not productive?
What makes me think they're not productive? Because they live in shanties and they went into a nation illegally.

There are plenty of nearby African nations that they have sought/are seeking refuge in. They don't need to go hop borders illegal two nations away into Israel.

Like the story said, Israel had permitted 400 of them into the country legally, so fuck the illegals.

And this won't comfort any of the refugees, but in Africa they need to fucking learn to NOT allow dictators and militants to take over their nation because it ALWAYS backfires. IT's not a new story and it's not something that will stop any time soon.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I'm neither for or against it, it's just an observation. What makes you think they're not productive?
They're African, do I need to say anything more. ;)

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
Israel cannot absorb legal immigrants properly, let alone heaps of refugees. Theres only a population of about 6 million people with very limited resources for newcomers. It's just reality. Absorbing 1160 Sudanese is the equivalent of about 60,000 being absorbed in the US. I think thats reasonable.

The fact that they try to help at all speaks volumes considering Israel and Sudan are technically in a state of war.

And has anybody asked why these people are fleeing to Israel rather than Egypt, Ethiopia, or any of the neighboring countries around Sudan? Is it because Israel are a bunch of bad guys or is it because none of their African brethren give a fuck about their welfare?

Israel does not have a short memory, it's quite the opposite really. They take in refugees all the time. But there are limits and laws to consider. And I also dont think theyre being sent back to a war zone, theyre being sent to Egypt which has far more space and capability to help them.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Ironically enough this is kinda like what always happens there. Their neighbors refuse to help refugees and when they come looking to Israel people condemn Israel for not helping them. Look at Jenin. Israel gets blames all the time for that...and it's not even an Israeli creation.

pure_waves

Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
Ironically enough this is kinda like what always happens there. Their neighbors refuse to help refugees and when they come looking to Israel people condemn Israel for not helping them. Look at Jenin. Israel gets blames all the time for that...and it's not even an Israeli creation.
Its easy to blame Israel and Jews, the media loves it and certainly the Arab world eats it up. It's just regular people here, not animals, not criminals. That applies to the Arab side as well, most Arabs i met are totally ok until you bring politics up. Why it always gets spun back to the Jews being bad is beyond me.

The Jenin "Massacre" was a huge farce perpetrated on the Western media. If you dissect what happened, sure 50 palestinians were killed. but it was a string of events that led to that battle, including 100 people being killed in suicide bombings carried out by palestinians, and the fact that Israel is at war with palestine.

in the end 50 people on the Palestinian side were killed, and 30 or so were combatants, 22 israelis too. It was a battle, not a massacre. But the media went nuts and reported war crimes and got knows what else and totally piled on. one of the things thats sticks out in my mind was the israeli recon drone that filmed a phony funeral taking place after it as over. theres a guy in a stretcher being carried down a road, and he falls out a few times and gets back on and plays dead. by the way, al jazeera and all those arab networks do the same thing to the GI's in iraq. jihadis will fire from a mosque, then when the US flushes them out, we're "anti Islam" and we don't have respect for mosques.

don't get me wrong, Israel is not angelic in any way, they've done some crazy shit in war as any nation has, i also dont support Israel blindly. but railroading them into being perpetual bad guys is ridiculous.

whoever started this thread should look up the facts about other nations (including the US, UK, France, Germany, how about the UN too?) who have the power to stop the war in Sudan and to this day have not. do all of these countries have a short memory too? and also look into how many refugees theyve taken in. until you do that and look at everything from an even keel, you dont really have a right to say israel has a short memory. i guess you do have the right but it just shows ignorance and that you do the same thing so many other people do with regards to israel.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Modern nations frankly don't give a fuck about Sudan the the people in it. In nations that have NOTHING to offer the industrial world there is no interest to help the people.

That's the case in Sudan. The U.N. just recently, as of last week, made agreements with the Sudanese government to have a presence there and to secure the area from "rebel" militant groups. We all know that the government forces were the ones using helicopters mowing people down and infantry setting villages on fire and shooting everyone there. So, I don't know who the "militant" groups are supposed to be but no one cares anyway.

The only thing that has gone on is rich politicians blowing hot air about how bad those things are, yet they do nothing with their power. Thats why politicians are pieces of shit cowards that are more worried with being elected again to collect their pay checks instead of doing something that matters.

The same shit went on in Rwanda, Sierra Leone and the Congo. No one did shit except extract the citizens of their nations and left the Afrikans to be slaughtered.

One line in the movie Hotel Rwanda stands out to me, "To them they're not even N!ggers, they're Afrikans." That's referring to how the U.N. and Americans just don't give a fuck about helping people from being slaughtered.

But hey, if the U.S. had some interests in those nations you can bet we would have helped out. Those places just don't have anything to offer.

Sudan only has uranium, which is already secured by private para-military companies like Black Water. The diamond mines in Sierra Leone are secured by the same companies. So, thats the only concern industrial nations have in war-torn countries.

pure_waves

Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
Modern nations frankly don't give a fuck about Sudan the the people in it. In nations that have NOTHING to offer the industrial world there is no interest to help the people.

That's the case in Sudan. The U.N. just recently, as of last week, made agreements with the Sudanese government to have a presence there and to secure the area from "rebel" militant groups. We all know that the government forces were the ones using helicopters mowing people down and infantry setting villages on fire and shooting everyone there. So, I don't know who the "militant" groups are supposed to be but no one cares anyway.

The only thing that has gone on is rich politicians blowing hot air about how bad those things are, yet they do nothing with their power. Thats why politicians are pieces of shit cowards that are more worried with being elected again to collect their pay checks instead of doing something that matters.

The same shit went on in Rwanda, Sierra Leone and the Congo. No one did shit except extract the citizens of their nations and left the Afrikans to be slaughtered.

One line in the movie Hotel Rwanda stands out to me, "To them they're not even N!ggers, they're Afrikans." That's referring to how the U.N. and Americans just don't give a fuck about helping people from being slaughtered.

But hey, if the U.S. had some interests in those nations you can bet we would have helped out. Those places just don't have anything to offer.

Sudan only has uranium, which is already secured by private para-military companies like Black Water. The diamond mines in Sierra Leone are secured by the same companies. So, thats the only concern industrial nations have in war-torn countries.
qft. i still blame israel tho :action-sm

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Sudan is being ignored because the strife benefits China. they're literally letting people be killed for oil.

No protests though.

Larz

****Self-Banned****
It's My Birthday!
Feb 12, 2006
NYC E. Village, No Homo

This isn't quite right... Sudan has been on the Administrations radar for a while now... hell Bush wanted to send in NATO peacekeepers but the Sudanese governement told him to fuck off. The only reason why they're getting a significant deal of attention for a shithole African country is oil. They started find it back in 1999, only problem is sanctions were imposed 2 years earlier (WOOPS!). As a result U.S. companies are not able to legally do business there.

Sudan has LOTS of oil and the concessions are going to the Chinese in return for building the country's infrastructure. U.S. companies have been putting pressure on the administration to try and get a foothold there, hence their support of U.N. missions etc...

You're right in that concern for the Sudanese people doesn't go any further than political grandstanding about the ethnic cleansing of Christians. But as Sudan has become a net exporter of Oil in the past couple of years... our push to get in there has grown in proportion.

Edit: As far as Israel turning away Sudanese refugees... its not their fucking problem.

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
good point sir good point!

actually the ones ive seen here work pretty damn hard in service industries. way to break the stereotype, i know.
That's been my experience with people from Africa. We're so assimilated to thinking all black people are lazy and deservedly so, that it just becomes an assumption.

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
What makes me think they're not productive? Because they live in shanties and they went into a nation illegally.

There are plenty of nearby African nations that they have sought/are seeking refuge in. They don't need to go hop borders illegal two nations away into Israel.

Like the story said, Israel had permitted 400 of them into the country legally, so fuck the illegals.

And this won't comfort any of the refugees, but in Africa they need to fucking learn to NOT allow dictators and militants to take over their nation because it ALWAYS backfires. IT's not a new story and it's not something that will stop any time soon.

It's so easy to sit here and judge. Americans would do the exact same thing these people did if their fucking cable went out. But it's O.K. because they're black. If these people were white there would have been such a reaction to this worldwide, it would have changed the rotation of the earth.

W

WakeUpAmerica

Yes, they have a short memory. This all sounds alot like the exodus. Do these people need to split the Red Sea to gain some compassion. Many Isreali soldiers have witnessed atrocities when returning these people to the Egyptians, backed up by video obtained by channel 10 in Isreal. So they are not being safely dealt with. These people are running for their lives, not jobs. They need help, not politics.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
It's so easy to sit here and judge. Americans would do the exact same thing these people did if their fucking cable went out. But it's O.K. because they're black. If these people were white there would have been such a reaction to this worldwide, it would have changed the rotation of the earth.
Well like I said, no one cares about Africa because they are always fighting.

And I don't think Americans would invade another country if their cable TV was cut off. That's just silly :action-sm

Larz

****Self-Banned****
It's My Birthday!
Feb 12, 2006
NYC E. Village, No Homo
Yes, they have a short memory. This all sounds alot like the exodus. Do these people need to split the Red Sea to gain some compassion. Many Isreali soldiers have witnessed atrocities when returning these people to the Egyptians, backed up by video obtained by channel 10 in Isreal. So they are not being safely dealt with. These people are running for their lives, not jobs. They need help, not politics.
Sudan borders like 8 countries. let the refugees go to Kenya, Uganda, or Ethiopia.. they're all Christian and fairly stable by African standards. Why the fuck is this Israel's problem?

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
The Jenin "Massacre" was a huge farce perpetrated on the Western media. If you dissect what happened, sure 50 palestinians were killed. but it was a string of events that led to that battle, including 100 people being killed in suicide bombings carried out by palestinians, and the fact that Israel is at war with palestine.

in the end 50 people on the Palestinian side were killed, and 30 or so were combatants, 22 israelis too. It was a battle, not a massacre. But the media went nuts and reported war crimes and got knows what else and totally piled on. one of the things thats sticks out in my mind was the israeli recon drone that filmed a phony funeral taking place after it as over. theres a guy in a stretcher being carried down a road, and he falls out a few times and gets back on and plays dead.
Reminds me.

From the Jewish Virtual Library:

MYTH

“Israel perpetrated a massacre in the Jenin refugee camp in April 2002.”

FACT

Secretary of State Colin Powell concisely refuted Palestinian claims that Israel was guilty of atrocities in Jenin. “I see no evidence that would support a massacre took place.”62 Powell's view was subsequently confirmed by the United Nations, Human Rights Watch and an investigation by the European Union.63

The Palestinians repeatedly claimed that a massacre had been committed in the days immediately following the battle. Spokesman Saeb Erekat, for example, told CNN on April 17 that at least 500 people were massacred and 1,600 people, including women and children, were missing. The Palestinians quickly backpedaled when it became clear they could not produce any evidence to support the scurrilous charge, and their own review committee reported a death toll of 56, of whom 34 were combatants. No women or children were reported missing.64

Israel did not arbitrarily choose to raid the refugee camp in Jenin. It had little choice after a series of suicide bombings had terrorized Israeli civilians for the preceding 18 months. To defend itself and bring about hope for peace, Israeli forces went into Jenin to root out one of the principal terrorist bases.

The Palestinian Authority's own documents call Jenin the "suiciders capital." The camp has a long history as a base for extremists, and no less than 28 suicide attacks were launched from this terror nest during the wave of violence that preceded Israel's action. These terrorists violated the cease-fire agreed to by Israel and undermined Israeli efforts to resume political negotiations toward a final peace agreement.

Palestinian snipers targeted soldiers from a girls' school, a mosque, and a UNRWA building, and, in returning fire and pursuing terrorists, some noncombatants were hit. Any civilian casualty is a tragedy, but some were unavoidable because Palestinian terrorists used civilians as shields. The majority of casualties were gunmen.

Israel also kept the hospital running in Jenin. Lt. Col. Fuad Halhal, the Druze commander of the district coordinating body for the IDF, personally delivered a generator to the hospital under fire during the military operation.65

While Israel could have chosen to bomb the entire camp, the strategy employed by the U.S. in Afghanistan, the IDF deliberately chose a riskier path to reduce the likelihood of endangering civilians. Soldiers went house to house and 23 were killed in bitter combat with Palestinian terrorists using bombs, grenades, booby-traps and machine guns to turn the camp into a war zone.

Television pictures gave a distorted perspective of the damage in the camp as well. Jenin was not destroyed. The Israeli operation was conducted in a limited area of the refugee camp, which itself comprises a small fraction of the city. The destruction that did occur in the camp was largely caused by Palestinian bombs.

Palestinians have learned from fabricating atrocity stories in the past that a false claim against Israel will get immediate media attention and attract sympathy for their cause. The corrections that inevitably follow these specious charges are rarely seen, read, or noticed.

Link here.

The number references in that article are where the website backs up its claims with sources. Click on the link to check out the specific sources they cite.

W

WakeUpAmerica

Run for your life!!! But not that way...

Wow! Don't run in that direction. The people there couldn't give two shits about your problem. Remember, it's your problem. Blog around the internet till you find a country that cares about other people or your problem specificaly. Google a map to find your way there. Request a visa. Get all your shots and visit your doctor to get a clean bill of health before travelling to a foreign country. Don't forget to pack and change over your currency. Get travel insurance. Are you still alive? Okay only a few more steps to take before your allowed to run for your life, hang in there a little longer, you're almost ready.
Wait, this just in, it's no longer politically correct to go that way now, we have to start over....:arrrh:

Sudan borders like 8 countries. let the refugees go to Kenya, Uganda, or Ethiopia.. they're all Christian and fairly stable by African standards. Why the fuck is this Israel's problem?