"It's back" 2007 Jones Beach Rate the Comics Thread

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Jones Beach 2007 Rate em

VOS was MC Great as always

OnA Video of outtakes from the xm comercial needs to be put up on youtube asap.......

1. Jimmy- Its been a few months since I have seen his act. He has about 80% new material. I laffed and laffed and laffed, definatly a Super set.

2. Otto and George- Rock salt in your Vasiline. Fuckin Hysterical had an awsome set.

3. Bobby Kelly-Opened up the show..."Atlantic City is Vegas with AIDS" how true how true best line of the night.

4. Steven Lynch - 1st time hearing the songs live, that was cool. I have listened to them over the years 100's of times. A Feel Good set actually.

5 Patrice- Great as always,nice shirt too.

6. Louie CK- First Time seeing him live, lot of kid/family stuff. Worked thru a rough set. A Great Friend of the show tho.

7. Bob Saget- Full House blablabla Don't fuck a turtle,ostridge,goat blablabla song song yada yada yada

8. Frank Caliendo- a few boos, guess you shouldn't start off your set with Bush jokes/impersions with an OnA crowd. John Madden impersinations ehhh and couldn't hear the rest over everybody talking to each other and booing.

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
Fuck. Was looking forward to seeing Caliendo at Mohegan on June 30. I guess he's the Schubert/Irrera of this year.

Hopefully the crowd won't be as brutal in Connecticut.

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
Jones Beach 2007 Rate em

VOS was MC Great as always

OnA Video of outtakes from the xm comercial needs to be put up on youtube asap.......

1. Jimmy- Its been a few months since I have seen his act. He has about 80% new material. I laffed and laffed and laffed, definatly a Super set.

2. Otto and George- Rock salt in your Vasiline. Fuckin Hysterical had an awsome set.

3. Bobby Kelly-Opened up the show..."Atlantic City is Vegas with AIDS" how true how true best line of the night.

4. Steven Lynch - 1st time hearing the songs live, that was cool. I have listened to them over the years 100's of times. A Feel Good set actually.

5 Patrice- Great as always,nice shirt too.

6. Louie CK- First Time seeing him live, lot of kid/family stuff. Worked thru a rough set. A Great Friend of the show tho.

7. Bob Saget- Full House blablabla Don't fuck a turtle,ostridge,goat blablabla song song yada yada yada

8. Frank Caliendo- a few boos, guess you shouldn't start off your set with Bush jokes/impersions with an OnA crowd. John Madden impersinations ehhh and couldn't hear the rest over everybody talking to each other and booing.
Were you taking a shit during fat boys set ??? What's the deal ?? Prejudice against fat white boys MJ ????

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
1. Otto and George: first time seeing him live, lived up to the hype.
2. Lynch: May have moved up a couple slots due to my son almost pissing his pants next to me. He is a very talented mother fucker and his timing is awsome.
3. Jimmy, Patrice, and Bobby.
4. Louie CK: May have ranked higher but his set was fucked up by the only douche to get tossed and a tech glitch.
5. Bob Saget: Eh, you where on Full House, we get it.
6. Frank Caliendo: I wish he was given more of a chance, but as soon as the first boo rained down, his timing was all fucked up, making for a disaster.

Great time peeps. Great seeing old friends and making new ones.

Out of 9,000 people, why where there eight FUCKING ASSHOLES who wanted to heckle every performer? Stay home next year asswipes and go fuck your mothers.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
Wow I'm surprised guys. I thought Saget's set was the best one of the night followed very closely by Jimmy's. Bobby Kelly and Patrice also had solid sets. Steven Lynch has always been entertaining to me, and his facial expressions are hysterical. CK was FANTASTIC.

Instead, I really never liked Otto and George, and I still don't, so I'm a little biased to that set. He just goes too fast, and his voice is the same between himself and George, so it gets annoying. However, he still was pretty funny.

Caliendo crashed and burned, unfortunately, and it wasn't his fault. I guess he's the new whipping boy for this year's tour.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
1-otto-absolutely destroyted
2-norton-heard him a few weeks ago at carolines but was still hilarious
3-patrice-always great
4-lynch-could have been better if he knew what time he had to get off the stage (the clock turned off)
5-vos-vos always kills on stage
6-louis ck-could have been better if not for the asshole section and the tech. difficulties, he seemed to be annoyed a little
7-saget-he doesn't really seem to have anything other than the full house shit, funny but starting to get old
8-caliendo-update ur act frank, u can't get away with telling jokes word for word from ur cd that is 10 years old

lad bag

Sep 20, 2002
NY
<<<4. Louie CK: May have ranked higher but his set was fucked up by the only douche to get tossed and a tech glitch.
>>

I changed seats after the intermission, got a better one a few rows closer than my ticket was for. unfortunately, it happened to be 2 or 3 rows in front of that asshole. After he screamed a few times, an older guy event staff guy came over and told him to be quiet, and the douche starts yelling at him.
Nothing better than to see three HUGE staff come over and physically drag him out a few minutes later.

The best part was, I was lucky enough to get stuck in a cab with him on the way to the train station afterwords, he musta waited outside the whole show. He was incomprehensibly drunk and a rude little shitdick, but the best part was, he was soaking wet, and his arms were all scratched and bruised. Dont know what happened to him, but it seems to me somebody got what they deserved for ruining half of CK's set for a lot of people.

He mumbled something about just wanting to see Norton be as nasty & filthy as he could be. Some people dont seem to understand, everyone there is a friend of the show. If you dont like them, just SHUT THE FUCK UP and let others enjoy the show
Everyone killed, except for Caliendo. Im a fan but I think his act is more suited for a smaller venue, as being able to see him is an important part of his act.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
Wow I'm surprised guys. I thought Saget's set was the best one of the night followed very closely by Jimmy's. Bobby Kelly and Patrice also had solid sets. Steven Lynch has always been entertaining to me, and his facial expressions are hysterical. CK was FANTASTIC.

Instead, I really never liked Otto and George, and I still don't, so I'm a little biased to that set. He just goes too fast, and his voice is the same between himself and George, so it gets annoying. However, he still was pretty funny.

Caliendo crashed and burned, unfortunately, and it wasn't his fault. I guess he's the new whipping boy for this year's tour.
i find it hilarious that the saget was ur fave and otto was ur least, are u ok?

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
I loved Saget, Otto, and of course Norton.

I'm a big Lynch fan, but his set was a little rushed and after all these years he's almost just become a "Nostalgia Act" for the O&A Fans... still love the guy though.

Caliendo's stuff was ok, and Ithink he would have done better if he had gone on after dark when the screens were on. Lot of facial expressions and stuff you just couldn't play that to the back of the arena like that.

Patrice and Bob Kelly were both OK - nothing really new from them I don't think, kinda the same old same old... Patrice likes women who are whores, Bob Kelly's fat... we get it :)

Louis CK is awesome... and I hear Dane Cook is working on a new bit about ****** an Antelope. :)

tellmfredwhowho

NOTT FUUUNNNYY
Sep 16, 2005
Mt. Sinai, NY
Otto fuckin killed
Jimmy and the video of Jimmy childhood---still laughing and that needs to be up on you tube fast.
Patrice
Bobby Kelly--wish he didn't open, could have gotten more from the crowd
Vos--not only did he kill on stage, he kills when he was selling merch
Louis CK
Lynch---should not have closed the show. In fact, he should have been the first act after intermission. Jimmy deserves the close since most are here to see him.
Saget
Caliendo ---ehhh

Than McNally

Jan 16, 2007
WV

i think Mencia is going to be the whipping boy...we all know it. :icon_evil

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
1. Lynch - definitely the highlight for me, never seen him before and I fucking loved his set, I think it was a perfect way to end the show
2. Otto - even though I saw otto on thursday his set was still fucking great
3. Jimmy - always kills, nuff said
4. Patrice and Louie - Fucking loved both their acts, kinda stinks that CK had to deal with that douche and the patti audio but he's a fucking pro
5. Bob kelly - Great opening to the show
6. Saget - I dont really understand the hate for him, he's not as funny as patrice and norton IMO but he really is pretty good. I would definitely pay to see him do like 45 minutes on his own.
7. Frank - ummmmmmmm

I dont count Vos cause he MC's, he always fucking kills I just wish we would actually get a real set from him

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
I dont count Vos cause he MC's, he always fucking kills I just wish we would actually get a real set from him
I saw Vos live a month or so ago. His actual stuff is pretty much what he did as MC and the little set he did to open the show. He does rule though. Love teh Vos

xloosefusionx

May 23, 2007
Vos was a good MC. Kept things moving for the first half. I was surprised Bob Kelly opened because his shit is on point. He also looked thinner than when I saw him at the Westbury Music Fair for that Tourgasm w/o Cook show, which is odd. Patrice was good and yes, nice shirt. Frank Calliendo fucking blew. Now Im not a dick and I respect anyone who gets on a stage, especially infront of that many people, but jesus christ. His act is the same from when I was in middle school (Im 21). "heres a guy..." stop it, its old. You'd think if you were added to a show like this, you'd get to work on some new material or at the least, change it up a bit. Train wreck is a perfect description. Saget was funny, but I think he relies way too much on the "Im the dad from Full House cursing" thing. I think hes definitely got some good timing and potentional though. Otto and George were alot better than Id thought theyd be since I hadnt really heard any material, just the name. Someone else said about the voices sounding too similar and Id have to agree, which is what ruined it alittle for me, but the actual material was great. Louie CK was great, cept for asshole and the glitch, but he worked through it like a pro. Jimmy was my fave for obvious reasons...hes amazing. Steven Lynch was great too, a nice closer.

Overall, good times and a good show. Id like to hear audio from the shows Mencia is on ;). Oh, Ive got some audio from all sets except Calliendo (because he sucked) and Lynch (it died), but it skips around a bit, cutting a second or two off every now and then. If you want it, please let me know and I'll get to fixing it up.

justaruse

New Wackbag
May 17, 2007
1. Vos. killed working the crowd again. very lucky to find that guy in the ridiculous shirt. toughest slot of the show.

2. Bob Kelly. i am still laughing at the shit in the pants bit. had some of the most memorable lines of the night.

3. Frank Caliendo whoa. opening with Bush sunk him completely. he had an opportunity to be a nice changeup from the rest of the lineup, but after tanking in the beginning, he rushed as quickly as he could to get through his material. he does well on the show, but maybe the big stage is just the wrong place for him.

4. Patrice normal patrice. lots of laughin after his jokes that still makes me laugh with him.

5. Otto and George normal Otto and George. i really enjoyed the reactions of people around me, who obviously never heard them before.

6. Bob Saget. love his silly repetetive stream of consciousness stuff. suprised me a little with the guitar. a solid set.

7. Louis CK gets goddamn funnier every time i see him. i couldn't decide whether the opium supppository or the deer stuff was funnier.

8. Lil' jimmy always my fav. the cartoon before he came on was hilarious. he killed as always. i was a little disappointed to hear some of the same material that i heard at his show in NYC a few months back, but it still made me laugh hard.

9 Steven Lynch the biggest surprise for me. he played all stuff i heard before, but his stage presence, improv, and delivery, made it fresh again. bravo steven.

B

betafish

Bob Kelly- I'm not a huge fan, but everybody else liked him.

Frank Caliendo-Relying on old material killed him as did the fact (as somebody pointed out earlier) that he was doing impressions and you couldn't see his face on the screen. He needs something new because his old stuff is VERY well known....

Patrice- His laughter is contagious and he's cool. His paralyzed football player bit is always good.

Otto and George-SUCK THAT COCK! Good stuff.

Bob Saget- I can't believe that anybody wouldn't like last nights set. He did not let up and his call backs to earlier pieces of the act and the fact that he was hammered made for a fantastic set. Sure, some of his act is old, but he got a huge reaction from the crowd and probably the biggest pop of the night.

Louis CK -He's done better stuff, but he still killed. The entire set was thrown off for me because of the distracting asshole five rows back.

Norton- Sue me, but I'm not a big Norton standup fan. He killed, but I just don't love his stuff.

Steven Lynch- Fan-fucking-tastic. He absolutely killed and did by far the definitive version of "Big Fat Friend" last night. He's so quick and able to work with the crowd. Whoever yelled out Michael Jackson during the Vanilla song was an idiot, but Lynch made it a part of the act and turned idiocy into genius.

Great show. Love Saget and Lynch and everybody else did their thing.

STILL don't get any Saget hate. The guy was good stuff....

Rich W.

Nov 12, 2006
NJ
Unbeleivably great show...everyone killed except for Caliendo who has been doing the same material forever...

Saw Vos 2 weeks ago and he changed a lot of shit...Jimmy hit us with a shitload of new stuff....Otto & George were awesome...

Totally psyched for PNC...

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
1. Vos- Vos seems like a pretty cool guy. Once I went into the O&A villiage, he was over by the Pest booth interviewing people. He was walking around the O&A Villiage the whole time I was there. After the show, I went over to the merchendise stand to see what they had (I wound up getting a shirt), and there was Vos again, walking around like a regular guy, plugging his DVD. When I was a kid, my dad used to take me to card shows n shit so I could meet some wrestlers that were gonna be there. I used to get so nervous walking up to them n shit. Rich Vos basically took that nervousness away by proving he's a regular guy, and not a big shit billionare comic. The shit with the people walking in, like the guy in the orange hat and the rainbow shirt, and the chinese people kicked ass.

2. Norton- Why does Norton always do the couch joke with the gay guy's face in the couch? I think he did it a couple times on the WNEW show, I know he did it on either Leno or Letterman a couple times, I think I heard him do it on the show a couple times since they came back to free radio, and now he did it again last night. Oh well, I guess it works. The rest of his set was fuckin awesome.

3. Otto & George- I thought they were alright. That George sure does have a dirty mouth, though.

4. Bob Kelly- I thought he was great. The whole thing with the fat O&A fans in the front row as opposed to the hot college chicks in the front row on Tourgasm cracked me up. It seems like he's always hurting his knee, though.......................................

5. Stephen Lynch- Out of EVERYONE that was there last night, he was the one I wanted to see the most. His songs remind me of back in the day when I'd rush home from school to listen to the WNEW show. I just wish he had more time.

6. Patrice- Unlike most black comics, Patrice doesn't make fun of white people, which I really like about him. He was really good.

7. Louie CK- The "Family Man" of the show. He was really good. Even though he was distracted by the fight that was going on, and the Patti audio that didn't sound like Patti to me, he still pulled through.

8. Bob Saget- he was good. Yeah, I agree, too much about Full House, but he was drunk. He probably couldn't think of anything else.

9. Frank Caliendo- Honestly, I felt bad for him. I like him, I don't think he sucks, but I do think he should come up with new material. yeah, he does a fuckin great John Madden impression, and a great George W. Bush impression, but that's old. he's gotta come up with some new shit. At least they DEFINATELY have something to talk about tomorrow instead of being like it was the same old show from last year and the same old show from Vegas.

The XM commercial outtakes were fuckin awesome. That video about Jimmy's childhood was hillarious. Why would you light a couch on fire and push it off a truck, though? What if a car hit it? Oh well, that happened years ago. The confesional videos were good too. Was that what Vos was taping when I got to the O&A Villiage? Who was taping those? Cause Vos was taping something. He had a camera with him and a microphone.

I just hope one, if not, both Jersey shows have the $10 ticket promotion, so I can go again this year and not have to wait till next year. They better do it at Jones Beach again next year. The ride wasn't as long as I thought it would be. It was like maybe 40 min. Next year I gotta get more people to come, though, and I gotta tailgate.

S

southbound24

Louis Ck has such a stage presence, I was never a big fan of the HBO show, but he was really on point

Saget-Faget-he was great, guy next to me looked over and said O no not the same act as last yr, but he changed it up a little bit, his delivery and expressions and just the fact that hes the Douche form Full House and Americans Funniest... may make up for a lack of content, but I really enjoyed

Otto & George-I liked, did not love, but like, Im from Brooklyn so his bit on Coney Island really made me laugh

Rich Vos was definitly put in the right role, he set up the other comics nicceeee, because he was making us piss our pants, when he abises people, there is no one better, I see what the boys mean when hes on the radio, He maybe an ass, but he has tons of improv talent

Bob Kelley-is just a sick MF, I cant believe a Dane Cook crowd actually liked him, if you like him on the show, as I do, than hes evn better live

Patrice and Norton-=Yes Im lumping the 2 "regulars" together, I dont know I think Im actually begfinning to like them more just riffing on the show as opposed to stand up, I meamn they both do great acts, but there just soo much funnier when its improvised, rather than wriitten.. I think tthey are better suited than many other comics to handle real life situations and make it funny (aka Imus, wwhcih Norton did bring up)

N

Norton's Taint

Did Otto and George have any material or did he just say fuck every other line and depend on morons thinking a dummy saying fuck is funny? He seriously sucked last year in Cleveland.

N

Norton's Taint

Bob Kelley-is just a sick MF, I cant believe a Dane Cook crowd actually liked him, if you like him on the show, as I do, than hes evn better live

Patrice and Norton-=Yes Im lumping the 2 "regulars" together, I dont know I think Im actually begfinning to like them more just riffing on the show as opposed to stand up, I meamn they both do great acts, but there just soo much funnier when its improvised, rather than wriitten.. I think tthey are better suited than many other comics to handle real life situations and make it funny (aka Imus, wwhcih Norton did bring up)
You nailed that for Patrice at least. I was defending him to a non listener about how awesome and funny he is in free form conversation. He is at least 3 times as funny just talking shit than his set imho.

Nov 18, 2004
Long Beach, NY
1. Jim Norton - I've seen him last year as well as a few times at The Comedy Cellar, and on his TV appearences, but he just seemed to be on fire last night. What a great set and great material.

2. Steven Lynch - never saw him before, but he played the hits. what a great talent to be able to sing/play so well but to also be able to write such brilliant comedy.

3. Rich Vos - he really is a great comedian and to do crowd work in an ampitheater and kill was awesome.

4. Otto and George - HATEDDD them last year at PNC but they won me over this year. Verry funny set.

5. Bob Kelly - tough spot going on with the stadium half empty and the sun still high int he sky, but he did well. Not the best set i've seen him do.

6. Patrice O'Neil - I was dissapointed with his set this year. Last year he brought the house down.

7. Bob Saget - I just don't get it . . . . .

8. Frank Callendo - It was funny how uncomfortable he got when he realized he was bombing, but other than that it was awful. HE DOESN'T TELL JOKES!! Saying things in an impression is not the same thing as a joke!!!!

Jones Beach is only a 10 minute drive away, so it beat the shit out of driving to PNC last year, but I really thought last year was much more of a Rock'N'Roll atmosphere and the crowd/comics were a lot better (with the except of Jim Norton who was the best i've ever seen him)

brista21

Nappy Headed Ho
Oct 31, 2006
Elmwood Park, NJ
1 (tie) - Jimmy. Hadn't seen him live in a little over a year and he completely killed... like always.
1 (tie) - Saget. Never saw him live before but he completely killed.
1 (tie) - Otto and George. Didn't even know much about the act until I saw it last night but also just killed.
4 - Lynch. Sure I've heard most of the material you don't even have to be a longtime fan to know it, but never saw him live and he had to go at the end of the show or before intermission as he's a hard act to follow.
5 - Patrice. Patrice was great never saw his act before live and thought he did very well.
6 - Louis CK. Louis CK did very good didn't exactly kill or anything. And to that jackass a section over from me, thanks for ruining the set for the rest of us you cunt muscle.
7 - Bobby Kelly. Better than I thought he'd be but still nothing outrageous.
8 - Caliendo. He's funny and his material is good he just needs some new stuff. Also his type of act doesn't work well in the summer concert shed or arena atmosphere.

Vos also killed while he hosted just as I expected. All in all great show and the Premier Parking was a fantastic idea.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Vos- A fantastic job as M/C as he always does.
Lynch- Great way to close out the show.
Otto & George- Always make me laugh.
Jimmy, Patrice and Bobby K.- All were very funny as usual.

Louis CK- Liked it but too bad his set got fucked up near the end.
Saget- Funny but no I heard most of same material last year.
Caliendo- Definately needs to update his act. I think he has
talent but his material is stale.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
I saw Vos live a month or so ago. His actual stuff is pretty much what he did as MC and the little set he did to open the show. He does rule though. Love teh Vos

Vos live rules. He just sits there and works the crowd the entire time and does like 5 minutes of actual material. Sometimes he'll go in with a grudge with someone that heckled Bonnie and fucking pitbull that person WITH HILARIOUS RESULTS.