It's one win each. Romney takes Michigan.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Newsday.com
DETROIT - Mitt Romney's campaign got a boost tonight after his first primary victory in Michigan.

"Tonight is a victory of optimism over Washington-style pessimism," Romney said at his victory celebration.

Conceding the race, John McCain said, "We will win in South Carolina," a state he lost in 2000. "Starting tomorrow, we're going to win South Carolina, and we're going to go on and win the nomination," vowed the Arizona senator after his second place finish. South Carolina Republicans vote on Saturday.

Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts, was counting on Michigan to regain momentum after losses earlier this month to Mike Huckabee in Iowa and McCain in New Hampshire.

McCain finished second, Mike Huckabee came in third.

Despite the results, the Michigan primary's outcome promised to further roil a volatile nomination fight that lacks a clear favorite.

Romney was counting on winning the state where he was born and raised to revive a campaign that was hobbled by losses earlier this month in Iowa and New Hampshire. McCain was seeking to solidify his status as the party's front-runner.

Huckabee, speaking to supporters in South Carolina, congratulated Romney and vowed to win the Jan. 19 primary.

"The first-in-the-South primary is going to give their support to the first-in-the-South candidate who understands this nation needs leadership," he said.

The Democratic race in Michigan wasn't contested because the state violated national party rules by moving up the date of the primary. Sen. Hillary Clinton won that uncontested race.

Romney, son of a Michigan governor, poured nearly everything he had into Michigan, moving resources from two critical states that vote next, South Carolina and Florida.

Newmania

**I move away from the mic to fuck your mother.
May 15, 2006
The lily white suburbs of Detoilet
Duncan Hunter came in last with just over 2200 votes.

REPUBLICAN PRIMARY January 15, 2008
Race Status Candidate Votes Vote % Del* Precincts
Michigan

Updated 1 minute ago

County Results
Exit Poll
Romney 260,774 39% 12 72% reporting
McCain 197,339 30% 9
Huckabee 106,230 16% 0
Paul 42,108 6% 0
Thompson 24,535 4% 0
Giuliani 19,190 3% 0
Uncommitted 13,250 2% 0
Hunter 2,203 0% 0

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Romneys the wacky mormon right?
With two second place finishes and now a first place and running against either Hillary or Obama, he's likely going to be our Wacky Mormon President.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
With two second place finishes and now a first place and running against either Hillary or Obama, he's likely going to be our Wacky Mormon President.
ouch

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Enjoy your coffee while you got it folks... It's about to be a decaf country.

But you do get to fuck multiple women... Hell, I might just vote for the guy myself

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
"Wacky Mormon"...a bit redundant, no?

Steam

May 18, 2003
This douche isn't winning the Presidency. He failed here, so fuck him.

OandAFanInDC

holla holla holla holla
Mar 4, 2002
Fairfax VA
[YT]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NY6UTnS6Z-A&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NY6UTnS6Z-A&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YT]

Jim T.

Calmo, calmo...
Jul 12, 2005
It's like the Special Olympics, everybody gets a ribbon. Only this isn't nearly as funny.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Well Romney has two states. Remember the other week before the New Hampshire caucus he secured Wyoming.

So, he's in the lead with delegates by having two states.

Jim T.

Calmo, calmo...
Jul 12, 2005
Oh, that's right, there's a state called Wyoming.

FellowTraveler

Frank Reynolds is my hero
Jul 24, 2005
Doesnt matter...they are all cunts...and yes i am including Ron Paul in my statement.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
Did anyone watch the democratic debate last night? What a fucking borefest. And I usually enjoy watching the debates. I was seriously pissed off though that NBC refused to allow Kucinich to participate though.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
what was up at that debate last night? I turned it on and someone in the audience was yelling something at Russert. I couldn't understand exactly what he was saying.

I kinda like Romney and his being Mormon doesn't bother me at all. Their teachings may be a little different from the "traditional" Christian's but the bottom line is they believe in God and they believe in Christ. As far as the leaders "influencing" him, people were worried that the Vatican was going to influence JFK. And nobody can tell me that the evangelicals don't have some sort of influence over the so-called Christian presidents we've had.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
what was up at that debate last night? I turned it on and someone in the audience was yelling something at Russert. I couldn't understand exactly what he was saying.
Yeah there was some dude in the audience who was heckling or some shit. I couldn't understand him either. It was kind of funny because everyone on the panel just basically ignored him like he wasn't even there.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Yeah there was some dude in the audience who was heckling or some shit. I couldn't understand him either. It was kind of funny because everyone on the panel just basically ignored him like he wasn't even there.
I saw Russert look as if he was getting annoyed, but I had just gotten home from work so I wasn't paying too much attention to what was going on. The whole debate was basically a snoozefest though.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
Yeah I like it a lot better when it's more formal and they all try to tear each other new assholes.

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
Anyone else sick of the Media telling us we have to vote for McCain like he's the only choice out there?

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
Anyone else sick of the Media telling us we have to vote for McCain like he's the only choice out there?
I totally agree. All the news channels have been sucking McCain's dick lately.

(Not that I care that much since I'm not a Republican)