"It's thrilling not to know where your going."

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
I'm watching again an old episode of Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservation". He's going up a river and says the line form the thread title. I've seen this episode several times and that one quote always ring home to me. All those years at sea, every time the ships bow pointed out to sea I knew I was going somewhere I had never been too. That one quote is like a philosophy to me.

So anyone else enjoy the rewards of personal exploration?

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
I need to do some personal exploration to shake shit up a bit. I'm getting bored with my life.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I've often explored the difference between "your" and you're". It's very rewarding.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
The more I think about it, yeah, the more the title of this thread makes sense.

I'm going to put on a blindfold and take a long drive

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
How the fuck does Bourdain not know where the fuck he's going? It's a fucking TV show. Do you think they don't plan shit? I say that line is bullshit. *Maybe* he's not sure what to expect, but he knows he's going to Tiny Village on the River for some Strange Food I've Never Had Before.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Each time I do some personal exploration I post in a thread. I'd like to find someone to explore with me so I can post in the other thread where people brag about getting some ummm exploration :action-sm

(did you really expect to get real answers here?)

Budyzir

Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
I've often explored the difference between "your" and you're". It's very rewarding.
Thank you Sir, I was a bit buzzed when I posted and I didn't anyone would notice that.

How the fuck does Bourdain not know where the fuck he's going? It's a fucking TV show. Do you think they don't plan shit? I say that line is bullshit. *Maybe* he's not sure what to expect, but he knows he's going to Tiny Village on the River for some Strange Food I've Never Had Before.
I'm not getting deep here, I'm just enjoying a show and relating to some of the experiences I've had as 20 year old kid exploring the world outside of NYC.

(did you really expect to get real answers here?)
:jump:jump:jump

At the time I was remembering the joy of eating shrimp tempura in Japan with a Japanese family and thinking how cool it was. I thought I would share, it was a great experience. When I woke up this morning, I figured it could become fodder. Oh well.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
:jump:jump:jump

At the time I was remembering the joy of eating shrimp tempura in Japan with a Japanese family and thinking how cool it was. I thought I would share, it was a great experience. When I woke up this morning, I figured it could become fodder. Oh well.
And fodder it became

p.s. I thought it was a cool quote, just don't tell anyone ;)

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Thank you Sir, I was a bit buzzed when I posted and I didn't (think) anyone would notice that.
Fixed it for ya!
But I can kinda see your point..when I left Jersey, just packed my car and headed West, not really knowing how to get where I was going...the stuff I saw was amazing.

Budyzir

Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Originally Posted by Budyzir View Post
Thank you Sir, I was a bit buzzed when I posted and I didn't (think) anyone would notice that.
Fixed it for ya!
But I can kinda see your point..when I left Jersey, just packed my car and headed West, not really knowing how to get where I was going...the stuff I saw was amazing.
Guess what, I was buzzed then too!:haha7: