OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

iTunes question

Discussion in 'Wackbag Tech Support' started by Mags, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

Built a new PC. Windows 7.

So I installed my old PC hard drive into my new rig. iTunes is on the old HD and I figured I could just make a shortcut to the old hd but no, it won't work. (registry, I guess)

So if I install iTunes on my new hd, will I be able to just drag and drop all my stuff from the old hd or import them?

mr. sin likes this.
  2. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

Im pretty sure that you can just drag/drop your itunes/music folder from the old hd into the install on the new hd and then delete (or keep it as back up) on the old hd. I havent done mass transfers in a long time though so things might have changed in the last few years.

3. Hog's Big Ben

Hog's Big Ben Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
    Donator

In your "iTunes Media" folder, there's another folder called "Automatically Add to iTunes" - drag whatever you want into that folder. Next time you start up iTunes it will sort it out automagically.

mr. sin likes this.
  4. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

Awesome, Dudes. TY.

mr. sin likes this.
  5. to66lerf

to66lerf Registered User

THANKS FOR YOUR SOLUTION! I sound like a pussy, but you saved my butt. My library had been on another HDm but I had soo many lost files it was driving me to the point of throwing the stupide computer out. Now all I have to do is get rid of all my duplicate files that were created as a result of running stupid iTunes "Organization" or '"consolidation". Many thanks again!