iTunes question

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Built a new PC. Windows 7.

So I installed my old PC hard drive into my new rig. iTunes is on the old HD and I figured I could just make a shortcut to the old hd but no, it won't work. (registry, I guess)

So if I install iTunes on my new hd, will I be able to just drag and drop all my stuff from the old hd or import them?

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Im pretty sure that you can just drag/drop your itunes/music folder from the old hd into the install on the new hd and then delete (or keep it as back up) on the old hd. I havent done mass transfers in a long time though so things might have changed in the last few years.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Built a new PC. Windows 7.

So I installed my old PC hard drive into my new rig. iTunes is on the old HD and I figured I could just make a shortcut to the old hd but no, it won't work. (registry, I guess)

So if I install iTunes on my new hd, will I be able to just drag and drop all my stuff from the old hd or import them?
In your "iTunes Media" folder, there's another folder called "Automatically Add to iTunes" - drag whatever you want into that folder. Next time you start up iTunes it will sort it out automagically.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Im pretty sure that you can just drag/drop your itunes/music folder from the old hd into the install on the new hd and then delete (or keep it as back up) on the old hd. I havent done mass transfers in a long time though so things might have changed in the last few years.
In your "iTunes Media" folder, there's another folder called "Automatically Add to iTunes" - drag whatever you want into that folder. Next time you start up iTunes it will sort it out automagically.
Awesome, Dudes. TY.

to66lerf

Aug 18, 2006
THANKS FOR YOUR SOLUTION! I sound like a pussy, but you saved my butt. My library had been on another HDm but I had soo many lost files it was driving me to the point of throwing the stupide computer out. Now all I have to do is get rid of all my duplicate files that were created as a result of running stupid iTunes "Organization" or '"consolidation". Many thanks again!