I've had it!

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
I've had it....no more of these bullshit jobs to make a few bucks, I need to get an education and at the same time work towards a goal. I have no fucking clue what I wan't to do with my life,,,was thinking of Fidelity Investments,,,,don't know? Any advice? I don't wan't to end up one of those people who starts there career too late, and im allready 28 so I fear it's too late allready:mad4:

The Sarge

Guess who.
Jul 24, 2005
Germany.
Nothing is too late, bro.

It's a bad time to join the service...although, if you must...go Air Force. Chances are...you'll see combat anyway. With the USAF...the lifestyle outweighs that of the other branches.

However, if you can help it...don't join. Get your education first.

Give it to your Higher Power. He's lookin' out for you.

I hear Dubai is good for the oil business, for now anyway. A TON of BIG business to be had.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
what kind of education do you have now, & where do you want to be in a few years?

Hate to use the phrase, but the skies the limit..

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Do Not fall into that investment crap....unless you can talk people into shit and feel fine with it....

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
what kind of education do you have now, & where do you want to be in a few years?
(Great question!)
(I hate that you used that phrase too! ;) )
Just to expand on NoSurviivors...

What were your last three jobs?

What kind of (if any) skills do you have?

If you are looking to start schooling, a technical college might be a good start.

norton23

Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!

I have a little college, went to several schools but never really finished. I would like to go back to school, but not sure what I wan't to do.

burky79

Just to expand on NoSurviivors...

What were your last three jobs?

What kind of (if any) skills do you have?

If you are looking to start schooling, a technical college might be a good start.

last three jobs=

1.) Wellesley Medical ASOC
2.) Gosnold Treatment Center For Drug/ Alcohol Abuse
3.) Balanced Health And Fittness (gym)

My dads a very well known doc and Im thinking that the job he offered me doing X-Rays is a good start?? Not sure what schooling to look into but going to find out today!

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
I have a little college, went to several schools but never really finished. I would like to go back to school, but not sure what I wan't to do.
last three jobs=
1.) Wellesley Medical ASOC
2.) Gosnold Treatment Center For Drug/ Alcohol Abuse
3.) Balanced Health And Fittness (gym)

My dads a very well known doc and Im thinking that the job he offered me doing X-Rays is a good start?? Not sure what schooling to look into but going to find out today!
what are you interested in outside of work, hobbies and such?

maybe you could turn a hobby into a way of earning a living...

for examole, i lke to golf and have done so since i was 5 or so.
i have always considered it a hobby/sport , but realize that i could (if i put the effort forth) make it a way to earn a living.

i also like to "tinker" as they say, with electronics and im sure i could turn that into something for a repair/diagnostic business thing.

these are just examples of what i like...
just trying to get the brainstorming going for ya!

you say your dads xray spot is open... is that something you like or can see yourself doing for a long time?

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
You're never too old to start a career. There are plenty of people older than you who still haven't a clue what they want to be when they grow up. At least you're thinking in the right direction.

One of my co-workers husbands is an x-ray tech. He makes decent money and enjoys what he's doing. You kind of have to be a "people person" but considering you're working in a gym now, I seriously doubt that's a problem for you. You could also use x-ray tech as a springboard to something else. Not sure what, but I'm sure there are other avenues that derive from the one.

I was did the google on the internets and came up with this article at degreesource.com. Good luck hun

X-ray Technician Salaries
Article by Max Stein

The employment outlook for x-ray techs is excellent and expected to increase over the next eight years. A deficit exists between the number of skilled workers entering the workforce and the number of jobs available because of the increasing demand on the medical industry overall.

Wages for x-ray technicians are also excellent. The median annual pay rate is $38,970 with $27,190 per year being the low end and $55,430 being the high end.

There are many sources for advancement as an x-ray technician. Developing a specialty in MRI, CT or angiography is one such option. Some technicians may work for equipment manufacturers as trainers or sales people. Advanced degrees can lead to management opportunities in hospital radiology departments.

Published Feb 26, 2007

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
Denver, CO
I've had it....no more of these bullshit jobs to make a few bucks, I need to get an education and at the same time work towards a goal. I have no fucking clue what I wan't to do with my life,,,was thinking of Fidelity Investments,,,,don't know? Any advice? I don't wan't to end up one of those people who starts there career too late, and im allready 28 so I fear it's too late allready:mad4:
im 26 and feel the same way fella.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Just reported today;

Fidelity reported set to cut staff
No. 1 mutual fund firm moves to trim expenses by laying off 200 employees.
November 1 2007: 8:52 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Fidelity Investment, the world's largest mutual fund firm, is expected to start laying off staff in a streamlining effort, according to a published report.

The Wall Street Journal reports that 200 employees could receive layoff notices Thursday. The cuts could be just the first in a series of staff reductions that could hit areas such as information technology and retirement services.

James Lowell, editor of the independent Fidelity Investor newsletter, told the paper he's expecting the largest number of layoffs Fidelity has made in years. According to the report, the company cut 1,695 jobs, or what was then about 5 percent of staff, in 2002, but it has since built up its work force substantially to about 46,000.

A 5 percent reduction today would eliminate 2,300 jobs, while a 1,700-job reduction would represent a 3.7 percent cut.

Fidelity President Rodger Lawson wrote a memo to employees in September in which he said the firm must "curb expenses where they are wasteful, not only to avoid waste, but to compete - and win - against some very tough rivals in an unforgiving marketplace."

Boston-based Fidelity is a unit of privately-held FMR Corp.
Don't chase the $$$, just follow you interests. As some stupid commercial once wisely asked, "What makes you get up in the morning?"

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
Definitely look into X-Ray tech/Radiology. It's a short program and you end up making decent money. If not, there's plenty of things... You like sports, how about journalism, communications, marketing, sports medicine.

Maybe you can look into teaching, you could be a coach too or something.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I know a dude who worked at a pizza shop for like 20 years. He was planning on taking the place over when the owner wanted to retire/sell. It was kind of a handshake agreement. The owner fucked him, sold the business, and moved out west. He ended up going to school to be an x-ray tech and has a great job at a good hospital. He said he wished it had happened sooner.

norton23

Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
You're never too old to start a career. There are plenty of people older than you who still haven't a clue what they want to be when they grow up. At least you're thinking in the right direction.

One of my co-workers husbands is an x-ray tech. He makes decent money and enjoys what he's doing. You kind of have to be a "people person" but considering you're working in a gym now, I seriously doubt that's a problem for you. You could also use x-ray tech as a springboard to something else. Not sure what, but I'm sure there are other avenues that derive from the one.

I was did the google on the internets and came up with this article at degreesource.com. Good luck hun
Thank you mam:action-sm I am believe it or not I am a people person and enjoy different people/personalities. I like the term "springboard," i'm not set just sitting in the same place and that's where I get into trouble........thank you for the article that's really cool of you to take the time:)

BURKY79= the problem is that one of my main "hobby's" is working out, and working at a gym has kind of wrecked the fun of working out. I don't know if you have encountered this problem before.....

norton23

Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
I know a dude who worked at a pizza shop for like 20 years. He was planning on taking the place over when the owner wanted to retire/sell. It was kind of a handshake agreement. The owner fucked him, sold the business, and moved out west. He ended up going to school to be an x-ray tech and has a great job at a good hospital. He said he wished it had happened sooner.
That's shitty for that kid, I would be bullshit,,,i've learned to live by the motto "DTA" shit happens. I need to jump on this now, but think it through as well, I don't want to get stuck in a job I hate...thanks for the help.

FAZ8218= I wrote for my school newspaper at New Hampton, did music and sports, also was thinking of sports medicine, I don't know enough about that field but am literally looking through everything now.

THANKS TO ALL!:clap: You helped me out, and to those that are in the same boat thank you too, it's good to know your not alone thinking your stuck in a rut..........

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
If you're Technical in any way i'd say hit a school that can get you into a Tech field...learn to program or do networking or something...SO MANY jobs out there is retarded...and the salaries are great...dont have to bang out a 4 year degree...

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
FAZ8218= I wrote for my school newspaper at New Hampton, did music and sports, also was thinking of sports medicine, I don't know enough about that field but am literally looking through everything now.
Jesus H. Christ Private Joker! You're a killer, not a writer!

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
Definitely look into X-Ray tech/Radiology. It's a short program and you end up making decent money. If not, there's plenty of things... You like sports, how about journalism, communications, marketing, sports medicine.

Maybe you can look into teaching, you could be a coach too or something.
radiology is a great career, i have a friend who was getting his grad degrees in exercise science(for sports medicine), which is also very rewarding

im finishing pharmacy school, that wasnt too hard, pays well
no matter what, its definitely not too late, not even close

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
If you can write, you can probably find a job at a small-time paper reporting. Build a portfolio and you can make your way.

It's tough finding work anywhere, man but it's never too late. I have a journalism degree and I was out of work from March until this Monday. I had to move to DC just because jobs were here.

It's tough but start taking some classes, find a specialty and push for it. And it's not always what you've done, it's convincing someone you can do the job.

Good luck, man. It's never too late.