Jackie Brown

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Underrated Masterpiece....Sam Jackson's peformance was topnotch...Sure the dialogue isn't up there with Pulp Fiction....But what movie really is? Kill Bill Vol. 2? Maybe but As a whole..This is one of My favorite movies of all time.

Jackie Brown's my number 2 after Pulp..IMO A tad better then The Kill Bills and Miles ahead of Reservoir Dogs. Goodnight :action-sm

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
Jul 26, 2005
Seattle
Definitely underrated. I'd put it slightly under Pulp Fiction, but just because it's really Pulp Fiction is like a monolith of dialogue and memorable performances.

Jackie Brown is a more complete film than Reservoir Dogs. Jackson is great in it, but I'd say the best performance comes from Robert Forster.

I really can't explain it entirely but the Kill Bill movies just piss me off. They're cool action fests full of tons of uber-fanboyism, but there's just something about it that really bothers me. I've liked Uma Therman since Gattaca but her performance in the Kill Bills just comes across as forced. Maybe it's Tarantino's ego getting in the way of the script. I just don't know.

And fuck Death Proof. Started great then turned into such a boring, self-congratulating gab fest (a.k.a. Tarantino sucking his own cock) that I didn't even care about the end sequence. Kurt Russell, fucking Snake Plissken, couldn't even save it. It just soured the double feature entirely.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
I concur, I love Tarantino and all of his work, (Pulp Fiction is my favorite movie of all time), and I think this is a very underrated and great film more people should check out. And, I completely agree with you, Whoo, Jackson's performance ruled.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Definitely underrated. I'd put it slightly under Pulp Fiction, but just because it's really Pulp Fiction is like a monolith of dialogue and memorable performances.

Jackie Brown is a more complete film than Reservoir Dogs. Jackson is great in it, but I'd say the best performance comes from Robert Forster.

I really can't explain it entirely but the Kill Bill movies just piss me off. They're cool action fests full of tons of uber-fanboyism, but there's just something about it that really bothers me. I've liked Uma Therman since Gattaca but her performance in the Kill Bills just comes across as forced. Maybe it's Tarantino's ego getting in the way of the script. I just don't know.

And fuck Death Proof. Started great then turned into such a boring, self-congratulating gab fest (a.k.a. Tarantino sucking his own cock) that I didn't even care about the end sequence. Kurt Russell, fucking Snake Plissken, couldn't even save it. It just soured the double feature entirely.
I feel the same way about the Kill Bill. Its like Tarantino blew his wad on volume 1, with the ending fight scene and volume 2 was like sloppy seconds with its fucking anti-climax ending. Overall I think Tarantino is overrated as a director. He seems to spend more time living off the past and praise that he has gotten. Plus I hear him doing more talking about projects, than actually making them. Whatever happened to his spaghetti western or the Vega brothers film.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Even Tarantino has said that the Vega Brothers will never happen anymore, since a prequel where the characters look 15 years older than when they died makes no sense.

I'm still holding out hope that he'll finish writing his WWII film soon.

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Tarantino isn't overrated with Films like

Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown and The Kill Bills?

Yeah I agree that Death Proof Was probably the biggest pile I've wasted money on in a long long time..But Planet Terror was sick.

I'd put them in this order

Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill Vol 2
Vol 1
Reservoir Dogs

All good movies

umo

Jan 27, 2005
Chris Tucker annoys me but I liked him in Jackie Brown and Friday.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
From Dusk Till Dawn has always been my favorite work Tarantino ever did. Even though it wasn't 100% Tarantino. Still a great flick.