Jailbreaking a work iPad

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Like I mentioned above, my division just got bought out by another company, and they want to do the transition fast. It's going to be a clusterfuck, and I'm nearly positive that all the IT shit is going to get lost in the shuffle. Whatever IT gnomes were watching our shit at the old company, It's a near certainty they're going to stop giving a fuck once we're cut loose.

The IT gnome is by nature a sluggish and apathetic creature. Tell 'em, Mojo.

@JoeyDVDZ
Very true, coming from someone who works in IT. During a similar company changeover, we had to return our old laptops and get new ones. I sent mine back, but several guys didn't. Two years later, they still have them and nothing ever came of it. Old company is long gone. New hard drives and fresh Windows 10 installs = nearly free laptop.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Like I mentioned above, my division just got bought out by another company, and they want to do the transition fast. It's going to be a clusterfuck, and I'm nearly positive that all the IT shit is going to get lost in the shuffle. Whatever IT gnomes were watching our shit at the old company, It's a near certainty they're going to stop giving a fuck once we're cut loose.

The IT gnome is by nature a sluggish and apathetic creature. Tell 'em, Mojo.

@JoeyDVDZ
Very true, coming from someone who works in IT. During a similar company changeover, we had to return our old laptops and get new ones. I sent mine back, but several guys didn't. Two years later, they still have them and nothing ever came of it. Old company is long gone. New hard drives and fresh Windows 10 installs = nearly free laptop.
Correct on all counts. We are a sluggish, lazy apathetic culture, we IT gnomes.

My company "merged" with Hackensack University Medical Center a couple of years ago, and we're in the process of consolidating our assets. Metric shit tons of good hardware are being "retired" (read: tossed in a big red dumpster behind our datacenter) and whatever's there, is free pickings. HDD's and memory stripped, but everything else is free & clear.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Correct on all counts. We are a sluggish, lazy apathetic culture, we IT gnomes.

My company "merged" with Hackensack University Medical Center a couple of years ago, and we're in the process of consolidating our assets. Metric shit tons of good hardware are being "retired" (read: tossed in a big red dumpster behind our datacenter) and whatever's there, is free pickings. HDD's and memory stripped, but everything else is free & clear.
Yep. I got some ruggedized (not really) Windows tablets. They sold for like $2K new, and are still going close to $500 online. The project they were being used for was somewhat abandoned, mainly because they had other hardware in the mix that allegedly couldn't handle the latest software upgrade, so these were a casualty. Personally, I think the software guys just didn't feel like supporting them anymore. We were told to de-install them when the software update came down the pipeline and to get rid of them. A clean install of Windows 10 made them quite useful. I gave one to the wife and she loves it. I have one, and gave the rest to other family members.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Not necessarily true. If the company set it up with a corporate cloud account and activated it, unless you know the credentials you can't repurpose it.
Early on in my company's adoption of iPads, we did some basic shit and handed them out. The losers on the receiving end went and used their private iCloud accounts to activate them, and in the course of events either left the company or were asked to remove themselves.

As we prepared to reuse their iPads, we discovered that we couldn't wipe and reimage them due to the locked activation.

You'd be surprised how many of these people told us to fuck off when we could recall who had which iPad, and asked them to help us unlock them.
Yep, that's the poor man's DEP, but it also has a bunch of problems if you do it that way. Apple brought out DEP as a result and asked businesses to stop doing that and use DEP instead.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Yep, that's the poor man's DEP, but it also has a bunch of problems if you do it that way. Apple brought out DEP as a result and asked businesses to stop doing that and use DEP instead.

What's DEP, precious?

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Scroll up, I explained it earlier. If they use DEP and have half a clue, you're fucked completely.

Ugh, fuck this thing. Why they gotta make everything so complicated?

I'll do like Frank and just use the iPad as a TV tray.