Jane Fonda to play Nancy Reagan; Conservative heads assplode

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Jane Fonda to Play Nancy Reagan in Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
UPDATED: The Oscar winner will take on the role of the first lady in a film about a longtime White House butler.
11:02 AM PDT 3/27/2012 by Jordan Zakarin

Jane Fonda, iconic conservative?

The two-time Oscar winner has signed on to play Nancy Reagan in The Butler, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The film, directed by Lee Daniels, is a biopic of Eugene Allen, a butler who served in the White House from 1952 to 1986.

Another Oscar winner, Forest Whitaker, is reportedly close to a deal to play Allen in the film.

That Fonda would play the wife of the most famous conservative president raises eyebrows due to her well-documented anti-war and civil rights activism in the 1960s and '70s. She protested and worked closely with Vietnam Veterans Against the War and traveled to North Vietnam, drawing the ire of some in the military and becoming an icon for liberal Hollywood activism. She has continued to be outspoken, recently saying that the Republicans running for president "scare her."

The film is based on a Washington Post article about Allen written by Wil Haygood. Daniels recently completed work on The Paperboy, starring Zac Efron, Nicole Kidman and John Cusack, which is due out this year.

Fonda most recently starred in 2011's Peace, Love & Misunderstanding, and before that, in 2007's Georgia Rule with Lindsay Lohan. She'll also appear in Aaron Sorkin's upcoming HBO show, The Newsroom, playing the CEO of the cable company that owns the news channel where the show is set.
Link

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Hanoi Jane playing Mrs. Reagan? Something is definitely wrong about that...

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
She's 74 years old and doesn't have many years left. Next.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
In related news, Leni Riefenstal's decomposing corpse to direct "Schindler's List" remake.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Ronald Reagan was a conservative?

"whaa"
That traitor should never play anyone associated with the presidency, period.

I gotta think this was deliberate to generate buzz. They may even eventually can her. Maybe that was the plan to begin with...

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
NH
I'm sure Ms. Fonda's portrayal will be even-handed and fair.

Yes. That was sarcastic. How did I do?

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
That traitor should never play anyone associated with the presidency, period.

I gotta think this was deliberate to generate buzz. They may even eventually can her. Maybe that was the plan to begin with...
Is it an attempt to generate buzz? Obviously. They haven't even (last I heard) cast the lead yet, but they've cast Jane as Nancy. They're doing this to get some heat for this movie, maybe even to get a few more investors involved.

Whatever. Should that cunt be involved in this project? Of course not. Will the movie bomb in the box office? Of course it will. But this will manage to get a few bleeding heart fags to invest some cash in a doomed film project, which is the entire point of all of this. It's not like the director or producers who cast Jane for this role will actually lose money on this shit, or that Jane won't make her payday with this boondoggle: the investors they scam into putting up money for this thing will. Which is great: rich liberal douchebags calculatingly scamming other rich liberal douchebags while protesting "the 1%" makes me laugh.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
There is only one performance of Nancy Reagan, or Ronald for that matter, to which I give any attention.

[yt]Ac-wto_Ur6A[/yt]

Does this news bother me? No. Do I care about the casting? No.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
I'm sure Ms. Fonda's portrayal will be even-handed and fair.

Yes. That was sarcastic. How did I do?
It came through loud and clear over the telegraph ;)