OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Japanese Suicide

Discussion in 'Cool Websites' started by mr. sin, Jan 26, 2012.

1. mr. sin

mr. sin Registered User

the internet is fucked! or a troll fest!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/4071805.stm
    In Japan, the internet has been blamed for a spate of group suicides which appear to have been arranged in online chat rooms.

Andrew Harding talked to one young man searching for someone to die with.

Naoki Tachiwana opened his apartment door with a surprisingly warm smile, and beckoned us in to a neat living room. His computer was switched on - the screen facing out towards Naoki's eleventh floor balcony, and the night sky above Tokyo's eastern suburbs.

"Last night I was up all night," said Naoki, smiling again, "talking online to this woman who really - I mean really - wants to die. She asked me to do it with her today, but I said I couldn't because I had this television crew coming to see me. So she said we can do it after they've gone."

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
    more here of others or fakes looking for suicide partners
    http://www.disobey.com/node/1574

2. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

Why do they have to take other people with them? If you want to die, then die but don't ask others to do it with you. That's just fucked up.

On the hand, who kills themselves just because a stranger in a chatroom asks them to? Whoever did it probably was of no great use to society. The herd just lost a few surplus people.

3. SatansCheerledr

SatansCheerledr Ideologically Unsound

when i lived there they had psa ads right before collage entrance exams came out warning people to be on the look out for falling bodies when around tall buildings. japanese people don't like killing themselves,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

4. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

They LOVE it!

5. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

They're smaller than regular suicides but great with miso.

6. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Pat on the back, Jeebus fans, your religion is good for something: it fools people into living even when they have no objective reason to. Japanese culture doesn't have that. They value life, but realize that sometimes it is pointless.

It's not even illegal to kill yourself, unless you're inconsiderate about it: then your family is forced to pay for the cleanup.

7. SatansCheerledr

SatansCheerledr Ideologically Unsound

Dude, I don't know if this is still true but when they jumped in front of a train they would calculate the down time lost revenue and charge it to the family. It was the ultimate fuck you mom and dad.