JDS: I can KO Wladimir Klitschko

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8570518/junior-dos-santos-says-knock-wladimir-klitschko

Wladimir, the Klitschkos, they're amazing. I like to watch them fight, especially Wladimir, but it's kind of boring. They are really good at what they do, but they are very careful. They don't go to the fight to finish the fight. They stay there in that safe strategy all the time. It's not the Mike Tyson time. Guys don't finish fights.

"I could beat that guy, man," dos Santos said. "Maybe not easy, but I could knock him out."

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
one straight right from either klitschko brother would destroy any of the faggots in UFC. Boxing is a superior sport. How any of yall watch that UFC grab-ass shit is beyond me.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
one straight right from either klitschko brother would destroy any of the faggots in UFC. Boxing is a superior sport. How any of yall watch that UFC grab-ass shit is beyond me.
That is a pretty ignorant post
You put a boxer in MMA & they get their ass handed to them. Their stance is too open for takedowns & ground game
No way JDS wins a boxing match though

MMA fighters are by far the more well rounded athletes, thus making your "superior sport" a weak argument

That said a good striker in MMA gets owned in boxing

Gorilla Pimp

Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
I grew up on boxing. I tried to give UFC a chance and it's just so fucking boring... I watched the 2 big name black guys fight a few months back, and it was 5 minutes of them running around. Maybe like 10 clean shots the whole fight. I don't get the obsession with it. 98% of the time it ends with 2 dudes on the ground dry humping.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I grew up on boxing. I tried to give UFC a chance and it's just so fucking boring... I watched the 2 big name black guys fight a few months back, and it was 5 minutes of them running around. Maybe like 10 clean shots the whole fight. I don't get the obsession with it. 98% of the time it ends with 2 dudes on the ground dry humping.
Boxing is pretty boring unless its real good. When it is good it is great. Same way with any combat sport
And muay thai, jui-jits, wrestling, etc is far from dry humping. All that shows is you have no idea about that style of combat

Oct 16, 2002
N.J.
I'm guessing you shake your fist and yell get off my lawn to kids now a days.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
I won't say MMA is boring but I prefer to just watch boxing or kickboxing or a specific martial arts competition.

JDS would get obliterated by Wladimir Klitschko in a boxing match the same way Wladimir would get destroyed in an MMA match. It is comparing water polo and racquetball. Totally different things.

I also want to dispel this notion that boxers don't finish fights but especially that the Klitschkos don't finish. Wladimir Klitschko has 51 total knockouts in 61 total matches and won 3 of his last 5 matches by knockout. I.E., Wladimir knocks a heavyweight boxer out 80 percent of the time. With padded fists.

I wouldn't mind MMA if they didn't have to have the dick waving contest against boxing which is a completely different animal. I'll go so far as to say I've seen more fleeing and chickenshit matches from MMA than boxing. Almost every UFC card has a total stinker that gets booed.

Oct 16, 2002
N.J.
Grew up on boxing? So did I and so did a lot of UFC fans. I'm guessing you don't understand wrestling grappling or any bjj at all. That's fine, I'm sure most people aren't fans because they only know punching and not much else. Boxing to me is more of a sport than a fight, it's one dimensional. In any UFC fight someone could go out at any time, boxing not so much, only way someone is going out in boxing is if they get ko'd. In MMA someone could get knocked out or choked out standing or on the ground.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
A great fist fight is always more exciting then a wrestling match

But there is a far bigger bias from Boxing fans to MMA than the other way around
The dick waving is far more from Boxing than MMA

A lot of MMA fans & fighters like boxing bec striking is part of MMA

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Almost every UFC card has a total stinker that gets booed.
Boxing cards don't have stinkers?

If anything MMA undercards usually deliver a lot more than boxing IMO

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
I used to be such a big boxing fan and now I can't even believe that was ever the case. The rounds are so short and there are so many, it's just retarded. It completely takes away from the feeling of it being anything close to a real fight. It sanitizes it and takes all the emotion out of it. Who gets 14 breaks in a fight they badly want to win?

It's a dance and it belongs in the 19th century.

As for whether a mixed martial artist could beat a boxer at boxing or vice versa, I could really give two shits. If a boxer has a UFC main card match I'm sure I'd watch it. If an mma figther has a boxing match - even for a title - I wouldn't watch it. Any more than I'd watch video of him playing chess or painting his house or anything else he wants to do in his spare time.

Gorilla Pimp

Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
Grew up on boxing? So did I and so did a lot of UFC fans. I'm guessing you don't understand wrestling grappling or any bjj at all. That's fine, I'm sure most people aren't fans because they only know punching and not much else. Boxing to me is more of a sport than a fight, it's one dimensional. In any UFC fight someone could go out at any time, boxing not so much, only way someone is going out in boxing is if they get ko'd. In MMA someone could get knocked out or choked out standing or on the ground.
I understand it just fine, sir. It's just boring to watch in my opinion.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
That I can see & respect
Like I said a good fist fight is better than a great wrestling match to most, me included

I just think the better athletes are in MMA & the smarter ones too

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Much better to watch 2 gassed heavyweights waltzing together round after round. Sweating and clinching ain't fighting. I prefer mma, as the fight can end at any time, in any number of ways, and a guy can have his ass handed to him and still win when the other guy makes a mistake. It's seldom a done deal until somebody is out or taps.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I prefer mma, as the fight can end at any time, in any number of ways, and a guy can have his ass handed to him and still win when the other guy makes a mistake. It's seldom a done deal until somebody is out or taps.
Silva/Sonnen 1

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
From May 2012

WBC heavyweight champ Vitali Klitschko who holds an exceptional 44-2 career record showed that he’s up to speed with the sport by praising the Brazilian’s striking ability.
“JDS is a very strong fighter,deserves to be world champ,he jabs like my brother Wladimir,so is learning from the best,” he said.
Coincidentally, during the build-up to UFC 146 last week Dos Santos had told reporters that he was interested in testing his skills in the boxing ring, and claimed he’d be ready to fight one of the Klitschko brothers at any given time if he was afforded a three month training camp.
If he did ever make the switch to the boxing ring then he could count on another notable figure in the world of boxing, former WBA champ David Haye (25-2).
“Do ur thang tonight @junior_cigano Long may you Reign The King of the Big Boys! Your boxing skills are World class! Big KO!”

Pearce

Dec 16, 2007
Ohio
Pro-tip: If your knowledge of jiu jitsu is that "those dudes are dry humping!", you truly don't understand what's taking place.

There's nothing wrong with being ignorant. Everyone is ignorant of everything until they're informed and become knowledgeable.

It's okay to admit that you have a very limited understanding of fighting because your concept of it has been skewed by only being exposed to very specific and restricted rulesets that only feature 1 small aspect of fighting.

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
Theoretically, JDS is right, he could KO Klitschko....he could KO anyone one the planet, he has insane KO Power. Now if he would actually be able to get off one of those punches in a boxing match with Klitschko is another subject entirely.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Theoretically, JDS is right, he could KO Klitschko....he could KO anyone one the planet, he has insane KO Power. Now if he would actually be able to get off one of those punches in a boxing match with Klitschko is another subject entirely.
Exactly. If he has the opening, he could. Now like you said, "could" and "would" are 2 different stories.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Exactly. If he has the opening, he could. Now like you said, "could" and "would" are 2 different stories.
THIS