OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Jeff Zucker takes over CNN

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by fulldevilsoccer, Dec 23, 2012.

1. fulldevilsoccer

fulldevilsoccer Registered User

Maybe we liberals can finally get the highbrow Fox News for liberals.Hate MSNBC btw.

This dude could do it. He took NBCs Todays show from the gutter to the top morning show in America.

"Jeff Zucker wants to inject more "passion" into CNN. He wants to help the network "broaden the definition of what news is." And he wants to beat Fox News Channel and MSNBC in the ratings.

In his first remarks after the Thursday announcement that he will become president of CNN Worldwide, Zucker -- one of the country's best-known media executives -- offered those bits of his vision. But he spent more time emphasizing what he won't do: try to turn CNN into an ideological network.

"It's important (CNN) stay true to standards of great journalism," Zucker told reporters on a telephone conference call. But "just because you're not partisan doesn't mean that you can't be exciting.

"We need more passion and more fans -- and that shouldn't be mistaken for partisanship."

Zucker once earned credit for skyrocketing ratings at the "Today" show. He later was blamed for NBC's entertainment programming dropping from first to fourth in the ratings. His stance that CNN can succeed without venturing off of its news mission is in keeping with what CNN leaders have said for years amid well-known and widely diagnosed ratings woes."

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/11/29/us/cnn-jeff-zucker/index.html

2. mascan42

mascan42 Registered User

Unfortunately, in a country as sharply divided as ours, what most idiots look for in their news is someone to reaffirm what they already think, rather than tell them the truth. That's why Fox & (MS)NBC have been consistently beating CNN in the ratings.

3. fulldevilsoccer

But don't you think if anyone can do it it's Jeff Zucker? Look at his track record.

4. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

He's a kike. CNN will go even more left wing.

5. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

So NBC guy is taking over CNN? That just means they will go even further to the left and earn the name of Communist News Network.

6. fulldevilsoccer

Conservatives use the C-word like afro-americans use the R-word.

7. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

Isn't NBC in last place?

8. fulldevilsoccer

Hello Today show

9. MrAbovePar

MrAbovePar En Taro Anthony

Jeff Zucker, that's the guy who fucked up the Tonight Show, right? Jerked Conan and Leno around till everyone hated Leno and NBC, right?

10. Gladys kravitz

Gladys kravitz Registered User

Just what we needed, another Aaron Sorkin show.

11. DR. Jimcy M.E.

The only person on CNN I like is fareed zakaria. I don't agree with some of what he says but he covers world politics more then anyone and doesn't interject his personal opinion on everything. He just reports the news and gives a personal take on one story at the very end.

I became a fan of his when I saw him go after an islamic guy on his show for saying violence is how our people (meaning him and fareed) solve problems.

12. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

The only good show on any news channel is Red Eye. Anything and everything else can go fuck itself.

whiskeyguy likes this.
  13. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

I have to disagree, The Ed Show is my all time favorite. I love when he does polls and they always come back with 98% of the people agreeing with him. Hes like Steven Colbert but an extreme left wing version. The twitter comments at the bottom of the TV that always agree with him and call all republicans racists who hate women, is great.

14. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

I prefer shows that are trying to be funny.

15. MrAbovePar

MrAbovePar En Taro Anthony

Stephen Colbert is pretending to be crazy. Ed isn't pretending.

jules likes this.