OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Jeffrey Katzenberg weighs in on 3D's "heartbreaking" decline

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MayrMeninoCrash, Jun 11, 2011.

1. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Sure Jeffrey. It's totally everyone else's fault that you want to charge $5 extra so people can get headaches from wearing glasses and staring at a blurry screen for 2 hours. I'm glad the public is shunning this shit. Until we get holodecks, I'm done with 3-D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110611/film_nm/us_jeffreykatzenberg_qa

I guess Mr. Katzenberg will have to console himself with his swimming pool of money and solid gold rocket car.....

2. weeniewawa

weeniewawa it's a man, baby!!!

3. TheDrip

TheDrip I'm bi-winning.

Apparently this kike hasn't heard of the word "gimmick".

Not to mention that I can't recall a movie that has been released during this new flood of 3D that had anything going for it other than simply being in 3D.

4. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Greedy Jewey Jew Jews, never get it.

5. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

The funny and sad thing is that Hollywood has been trying the gimmick for at least 50 years.

6. weeniewawa

weeniewawa it's a man, baby!!!

this may be the last gimmick to get people back into the theatres

money is tight and no one wants to spend the extra to see movies in 3D when they can netflix it or bit torrent it

Apple or Amazon could drive a stake into the theatres if they do some deal to show movies right out of the studios

7. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Not just yet, the studios are still too beholden to the theater owners. There's going to come a tipping point though when the studios just tell the theater owners to fuck off, they'll only be loyal until they can make more money with streaming services and cable/satellite On Demand type services.

8. the Streif

the Streif ¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
    Donator

I haven't been to a movie theater in 23 years.

9. Stig

Stig Wackbag's New Favorite Heel

The biggest problem with 3D isn't even the poor quality of the movies. Since they first started trying this, the movies have always been dragged down by distracting zoom shots and shit flying at the camera. Having the bad guy thrust a spear at your face doesn't make a better story.
    They're just aggravating to watch.

10. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

This. We watched the newest Resident Evil last night and you could basically see the gimmick shots they added for the "3D" in the movie. Slow motion breaking glass, bullets flying at you Matrix-style, etc. Didn't add anything to my moviegoing experience or advance the plotline at all.

Speaking of gimmicks, I checked the website to our nearby theater, and found that they now offer this for certain movies. Only $10 extra.

11. Stig

Stig Wackbag's New Favorite Heel

Just what the movie theater industry needs: A drink-spilling machine.

12. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Wow, nice to see how SenSurround technology has finally been upgraded after almost 40 years. :icon_roll

13. jsc315

jsc315 AnalCunt

There never was a increase. The studios forced this on everyone and no one wants it especially for the increased price tickets go for. Fucking greedy cunts! Fuck these theaters. They over charge for ever fucking thing and cry and whine they are loosing money and raise prices more and expect people to flock to it? For the most part these theaters suck ass and are horrible and shitty. I can buy a huge TV an amazing 5.1 or 7. 1 surround sound system and Blu-ray player and have a much better experience then what the Theater can only dream of doing.

That and also shitty quality 3D just tacked on at the last min. to just try and get people in the seats, and then the people realizing it really just looks worse with the 3D effect added on to it. If you are going to do it right go all the way, dont do a half assed job and expect people to pay more for it. I'm so glad the consumers for once see through this shit and hope this whole gimmick goes away soon because I'm so very tired of it already.

14. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

The only two movies I've seen in the new era of 3D where I felt the 3D added something to the mix were Avatar (which was terrible, but the 3D was great) and Tron Legacy (which had a linear graphic style that lent itself to 3D). I just don't think 3D brings enough to every movie to make it worth being "the next big thing" in cinema.

15. SKEPTIC

SKEPTIC Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

This.

Welcome to 1955, Mr. Katzenberg.

[video=youtube;V0xggnsKOyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0xggnsKOyM[/video]