"Jena Six" Member In School Arrest

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

FEBRUARY 7--One of the "Jena Six" defendants was arrested yesterday for allegedly assaulting a fellow student at a Texas high school. Bryant Purvis, 19, was busted on the misdemeanor charge following an 8:30 AM altercation at Hebron High School in Carrollton, where his family relocated from Louisiana. According to the below arrest warrant affidavit, Purvis assaulted a male student he apparently suspected of vandalizing his auto. Along with choking the 18-year-old victim, the 6' 6" Purvis allegedly slammed the teenager's head on a table. Purvis, pictured in the mug shot at right, was briefly jailed before being released on $1000 bond. Purvis and five codefendants were originally charged with attempted murder in connection with the December 2006 beating of a white high school student in Jena, Louisiana. The case, which triggered protests over the severity of charges brought against the so-called Jena Six, remains pending, with Purvis scheduled for a March trial on reduced charges of aggravated battery and conspiracy. If convicted of those felonies, Purvis could face a maximum of more than 20 years in prison.
Link (with arrest affidavit)

Shocking... :rolleyes:

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Well in all fairness, that's what you get for fucking with somebody's car. Of course he came at him from behind like a bitch when he choked him though.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
The 6'6" Purvis appears to be barely 6'5" according to the ****** growth chart on the wall behind him.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
...the ****** growth chart...
While I am usually of the opinion that use of the word ****** lacks class or imagination, that is some funny shit.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
This fuckstick is 19, still in HS, and is a multiple felon?

Bright future ahead of him.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
If you caught someone fucking with your car, what would you do? In his situation though, I would for the rest of my life, just be a quiet, law abiding citizen and just brushed shit like this off.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
If you caught someone fucking with your car, what would you do? In his situation though, I would for the rest of my life, just be a quiet, law abiding citizen and just brushed shit like this off.

I would agree with you, but after reading the police report he really didn't catch him screwing with his car, he accused him of it after the fact.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.

he didnt catch him in the act. he suspects that he fucked with his car. either way he is a douche and needs to be put away for a long time. he is about to change his life anytime soon or he would have steered clear of any trouble whatsoever. you would do the right thing but you and him are very different my friend. you have a brain and he well whatever

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
If you caught someone fucking with your car, what would you do?
Umm...call the police? Maybe women think differently than men (or maybe it's just me showing my age), but my reaction wouldn't have been to choke the kid or slam his head on a table.

Black white or whatever - that's a savage reaction.

ImAlrightSpider

I paid $2 a month for O&A and I LIKED it!
Feb 20, 2006
Natick, MA
He would have been better off being arrested in Louisiana than just outside Dallas. This is nearly the best possible outcome. Only would have been better if he was 300 miles west of there.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
he didnt catch him in the act. he suspects that he fucked with his car. either way he is a douche and needs to be put away for a long time. he is about to change his life anytime soon or he would have steered clear of any trouble whatsoever. you would do the right thing but you and him are very different my friend. you have a brain and he well whatever
I apologize for not actually reading the police report. I should have first before posting my thoughts. If it is true and he didn't catch the guy doing it, he is a fool and deserves what he gets.

Capt.Caveman

Totally unlikeable
Jan 13, 2005
closer to a playground then allowed by law
I apologize for not actually reading the police report. I should have first before posting my thoughts. If it is true and he didn't catch the guy doing it, he is a fool and deserves what he gets.
zona doesn't like black cock.....HE LOVES IT!!!!!!!

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
I won my bet. I'm sure I'll cash in on the other 5 still outstanding.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
But Rev. Al told us they aren't thugs and criminals. I'm confused now.
~What is Al's definition of a "thug" and a "criminal"?
~Perhaps under those definitions he was not a "thug" or "criminal" back in Jena, and he is now.
~Maybe it was the "abuse of the law" in Jena that turned this guy into the angry young man he is.
~Maybe he is suffering from being an outcast, and outlashed because of that. You know how hard it is to be in a new school, far away from all your friends & everything you've known.

Should I keep brainstorming? :icon_mrgr