Jenn Gibbons, who finished 1,500-mile row for charity despite sexual assault

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Interview with Jenn Gibbons, who finished 1,500-mile row for charity despite sexual assault
By Conor Skelding,

(AP Photo/Mimi Weinreb)

On Tuesday, Jenn Gibbons finished her 1,500 mile row around the perimeter of Lake Michigan, despite being sexually assaulted earlier in her two-month-long journey. She undertook the long row to raise money for her non-profit, Recovery on Water (ROW), a rowing team made up of breast cancer survivors, which promotes exercise as a way of preventing a cancer recurrence. [Full disclosure: Jenn was a coach for my high school crew team, and I volunteered for ROW.]

On July 22, the 27-year-old said she was sleeping alone in her boat in an isolated area of the Lake, when a man crept on board and sexually assaulted her. After contacting the police, Gibbons received extra support to ensure her safety in remote areas and forged ahead with her trip, which helped raise $113,000 for her charity.

Yahoo News caught up with Gibbons on the phone about her social media presence, how she's coping with the assault and how silence can be painful.
Banal interview at the link.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...finisher-1-500-mile-row-221230575.html?_esi=1

They never ask the good questions. Was it just a silly little groping or was it full on hot and sweaty unwanted lovin'? Inquiring minds want to know.

I'd molest it.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Should've brought a gun along. Now she'd be telling the harrowing tale of coping with a dead hobo in a lake.