Jerry Lawler Heart Attack.

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
From the monthly thread:

At 7:10 you can see Jerry hunched over having issues, looks to possibly be puking. There's another shot a few seconds later of him possibly beginning to slump to the floor. Next time they show the table he's gone.

[video=youtube;I-usCDR3tiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-usCDR3tiE&feature=share&list=ULI-usCDR3tiE[/video]

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
Boo to that. :( I hope he gets better soon. Guess he'll be out of the ring for good.

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
I was watching for a while in the beginning of the show. The skit with the champ (don't know his name) interviewed by Hart. Lawler took a verbal beatng during that skit.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Michael Cole (the man behind the character) is getting some well deserved credit for how he handled the situation.

Boo for having a Heart Attack.

Yay for hopefully getting a better announce team. He's pretty god awful.
Bring back the team of JR and Paul Heyman.

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
[yt]0Sbva1XHEUA[/yt]

in the vid in the op you can hear jerry breathing real heavy at the 6:52 mark

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
May 9, 2007
He probably remembered how Ms. Kitty took the majority of his life savings in their divorce settlement.

HERE KITTY KITTY KITTY!!!

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Randy "The Ram" Robinson did this first.

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
May 9, 2007
This is probably the best Lawler moment... I fucking love this guy

[video=youtube;bUh3RmOOpQ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUh3RmOOpQ8[/video]

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Stacy Carter, the ex-wife of Jerry Lawler, provided the following update on the WWE Hall of Famer's condition on Tuesday via her Facebook Page.

"The docs are removing his ventilation and taking him out of sedation. He is responsive, which is great!!! It took a while to revive him last night so there's the concern of brain damage. He had some tests done which will show how much if any damage there is due to the lack of oxygen to his brain. Unfortunately, the results won't be in until in the morning."

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
He underwent an angioplasty and that seems to have gone well. Miss Kitty's tweet about him undergoing tests to see if there is any brain damage due to the lack of oxygen to his brain makes me think there might be some level of truth to the rumors of him being clinically dead for a little while Monday night. Given the amount of time that passed between him collapsing and Cole's update saying that he was being given CPR (which implied it was happening at that moment), it does sound like his heart stopped beating for several minutes at the bare minimum. 20 minutes might be an exaggeration, but I doubt that it was just 1 or 2 minutes, either.

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
He underwent an angioplasty and that seems to have gone well. Miss Kitty's tweet about him undergoing tests to see if there is any brain damage due to the lack of oxygen to his brain makes me think there might be some level of truth to the rumors of him being clinically dead for a little while Monday night. Given the amount of time that passed between him collapsing and Cole's update saying that he was being given CPR (which implied it was happening at that moment), it does sound like his heart stopped beating for several minutes at the bare minimum. 20 minutes might be an exaggeration, but I doubt that it was just 1 or 2 minutes, either.
Lawler's son put out a statement that he was "shocked a total of seven times in the arena" so his heart definitely stopped during that time.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I find it hard to believe that it was witnessed and he lay there dead without CPR for more than 5 minutes. CPR stared early with sparking and drugs is estimated from 45-50% to 70% effective...He would not have been without O-2 as O-2 enhanced ventilations, along with CPR, and wave form capinography would have ensure that the O-2 was the proper amt, and would be getting perfused. However, it is tricky..too much O-2 and you actually kill brain cells, 90-95% O-2 sat is optimal.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Lawler's son put out a statement that he was "shocked a total of seven times in the arena" so his heart definitely stopped during that time.
Wait, 7 on scene? oh fuck! That's @ 15 -20 MIN ON scene with an unstable patient! That would lead to people losing their command numbers and lawsuits here.. 7 on scene is cooking tissue.....how many were done en route? He HAD to have been down longer than 30 min.

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I always give Vince credit on things like rehab, not exploiting things but to brag about this as it had zero to do with Lawler & a life-issue is fucked up

This was aired in the Thurs SD feed according to reports:
No matter how you slice it, this one did cross the bounds of bad taste and hopefully will be edited out. In a "Did You Know" piece scheduled for Smackdown tomorrow night, they were bragging about how Raw this past Monday was the No. 1 trending show and beat all the network programming combined in twitter talk. (thanks to John McKinnon)
I am really surprised by this & hopefully they realize how bad taste this is & edit out of by Fri

Vince is usually above this

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
Technically if your heart stops, you are dead. Patients being shocked are usually in v-fib (ventricle fibrulation) where the heart is beating/fluttering but not pumping blood.

Also 7 times was probably using an AED, not paramedics using the charged paddles.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Technically if your heart stops, you are dead. Patients being shocked are usually in v-fib (ventricle fibrulation) where the heart is beating/fluttering but not pumping blood.

Also 7 times was probably using an AED, not paramedics using the charged paddles.
ahem - ventricular fibrillation.

Aug 11, 2005
fez would say that ain't shit

which would really annoy me