Jerry Lee Lewis Appreciation Thread

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
I've always liked him, but finally got around to listening to his release form last year, LAST MAN STANDING. It's all duets with other artists, but I really enjoyed it.

Anyone else?

Sevenyars

I own a Beanie cup, bought it off of ebay
Nov 30, 2004
Lancaster Ohio
Just saw the thread. I have idolised JLL since i was a boy. I've seen him in concert twice. Amazing.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQSAPM23nqU&feature=related[/media]

Sevenyars

I own a Beanie cup, bought it off of ebay
Nov 30, 2004
Lancaster Ohio
My favorite is his country. It's mostly autobiographical. The two cds that I listen to is "Killer country" and the complete palimino recordings. Which is a double live album. I like his rock alot. But I can't help but to think that he was deep in his twenties when he wrote high school confidential, and some of the others.

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
Like Jerry always said, "If there is grass on the field, Playball!"

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
I loved that part in Top Gun where he was singing to Meg Ryan. I think he died shortly after that.

Just kidding.

I have much respect for the piano players. Jerry Lee Lewis, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, etc of that era.

And today I can't get enough Ben Folds, Vienna Tang, Rachel Yamagata, and a few others.

The piano/keyboard is making a comeback. It's even made it's way into the top 40 with Keane, Coldplay, and some other shit I can't think of right now.

Small tribute to Ray Charles and Billy Preston

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SiqmoZq47I[/media]

Wilmington WOW

The Emmitt Till of Wackbag
Oct 4, 2004
Wilmington, DE
luv the killer
rock and roll legend
married his chick when she was 13?
and his cousin is Jimmy Swagart - lol