Jersey FBI busts 'massive' steroid lab in Sayreville

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Federal agents this afternoon busted a steroid lab that authorities said produced "massive quantities" of the drugs from a Sayreville basement and arrested a 34-year-old ex-convict they said was behind the operation.

Alfred Scarpa, who has two prior drug convictions, was charged with manufacturing, possessing and distributing anabolic steroids from his home on a quiet cul-de-sac in the suburban town.

The home in Sayreville that was raided today.FBI and DEA agents seized $56,000 in cash, more than 40,000 doses of anabolic steroids, and various chemicals and equipment used to mix and produce the drugs, authorities said. They also found two semi-automatic weapons, according to a criminal complaint filed against Scarpa.

Scarpa made an initial appearance before U.S. Magistrate Judge Esther Salas in federal district court in Newark. He was ordered detained pending a bail hearing, and the attorney who represented him at the hearing, Thomas Moran, declined to comment.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Wait, is this the same Scarpa that runs the auto shop on Raritan? If so, I'm not surprised.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I'm surprised though. Illegal drugs in Sayreville and Winding Woods not brought up once.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
fun-filled nights at Hunka Bunka will never be the same!

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
fuck...no more "bring'n sexy back" parties for him at the Coliseum :haha7: :icon_eek:

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
Damn, this was on Rhode Street... just off of the northern part of Main Street. This is a few houses down from my grandparents. The dude was an electrician for his legal job. They were at the top of the hill on the street. They were kinda odd...but friendly enough.

My gramps told me they had helicopters, a SWAT truck, and a whole fuckload of guys in FBI and DEA jackets. They were there the whole day ripping that house up!

That's one of the few non-savage neighborhood left in Sayreville. There's still a lot of old Polacks left in that area.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
Any good places to get fresh pierogi or keilbasa?
Not anything in the immediate area, unfortunately. Everyone usually goes to Joe's Meat Market in Perth Amboy (Smith St.) to get all the Polish cuisine. That's THE place in the area!

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Not anything in the immediate area, unfortunately. Everyone usually goes to Joe's Meat Market in Perth Amboy (Smith St.) to get all the Polish cuisine. That's THE place in the area!
QFT!

My family's been going there as long as I can remember, even now when we live about 30mins away.

The smell of walking in Joe's is something I'm always going to remember.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
I go over to Perf for Shoprite Walgreens and cheap gas, its getting more ghetto by the day.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
That 24 hour walgreens is probably the second cleanest business in Perth Amboy, right behind the McDonalds they rebuilt on New Brunswick Ave.