Jersey State Police Arrest more at PNC, and troll the internet for drinking info

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Dozens arrested at latest concert

Sunday, August 19, 2007

At least 53 people were arrested for underage drinking last night at the Beat Stock concert at the PNC Arts Center.

The arrests came one day after alcohol consumption was banned in all Arts Center parking lots. State Police beefed up patrols at the Holmdel venue this weekend to try to rein in the drinking.

As fans began arriving yesterday afternoon, they found uniformed and plainclothes officers patrolling the lots as well as the rest stops along the Garden State Parkway and New Jersey Turnpike to enforce the ban, said Sgt. Stephen Jones, a State Police spokesman.

The 53 arrests, all for underage drinking, were as of 9:15 p.m.

The alcohol ban was prompted by a summer season during which alcohol and drug problems have been rampant at PNC. It was announced Friday after two people died from alcohol and drug poisoning and more than 80 people were arrested during the "Ozzfest" concert Thursday.

Joe Orlando, a spokesman for the New Jersey Turnpike Authority, which owns the property, said officers issued several warnings during Friday night's Velvet Revolver and Alice in Chains concert but made no arrests.

He expected the police to be busier last night because the annual Beat Stock show attracts a younger audience.

Despite the 53 arrests, Orlando said, most concertgoers caught with alcohol in the parking lots were cooperative when asked to pour it out.

Jones said State Police investigators were combing Internet sites in advance of yesterday's concert and found several postings where concertgoers were discussing places to meet -- off property -- to drink before the concert, which began at 6 p.m.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
Jones said State Police investigators were combing Internet sites in advance of yesterday's concert and found several postings where concertgoers were discussing places to meet -- off property -- to drink before the concert, which began at 6 p.m.
That shit just aint right.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
Hey, but once in the venue, drink all the $8 beers you want. Fucking gay fucks should be strung up by there tiny testicles for that. Either man up and ban it, or don't shit dicks.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Hey, but once in the venue, drink all the $8 beers you want. Fucking gay fucks should be strung up by there tiny testicles for that. Either man up and ban it, or don't shit dicks.

You shouldn't hold back, tell us how you really feel :)

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
The issue has been mostly under age drinking. The theory is once inside they are carding and not allowing the under agers to drink. The hole in that theory is that those that are of age could be buying for the young ones.

It sucks all around, but Aramark (I think that's the concession contractor there) will NEVER stop selling beer. It makes too much money.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
looks like I will be showing up at pnc around 5.... this sux, I was looking foward to hanging too

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Apr 27, 2005
Jersey
Now what's going to happen is more people are going to start drinking twice as heavy once inside the show. Of course this will make more money for the vendors, so it's a major win for them. The problem is that by the end of the show a lot of people will probably be more drunk than if they had drank in the afternoon during tailgating, then had just a few once inside to maintain the buzz. Greater numbers of, and more heavily intoxicated drivers than usual on the parkway after the show - great job assholes.

The alcohol ban should be enforced on a SHOW BY SHOW BASIS, thus allowing events like the Traveling Virus which have a VERY GOOD TRACK RECORD and decent crowds to carry on like usual.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Actually, it's going to mean more people will drink before getting to the show. Their brilliant plan increases the amount of people driving after drinking instead of just having a few in the lot.
Dropping the price of beer inside would solve the problem, but money prevails.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Couse they are going to checking internet sites. I wonder what site they gonna be looking at in anticipation of next weekend's big show? hmmmmm?

When you put something on the internet through a messageboard or blog, it kinda becomes public domain. Hell, the Nazis at my job check if any of the people who work there are bashing them on blogs and boards through google alerts and other means. Ridiculous!

Best advice to set something up before the show.....PM baby!

EvilMonkey71

Blurka Blurka Blurka
Sep 6, 2006
Flemington,NJ
The alcohol ban should be enforced on a SHOW BY SHOW BASIS, thus allowing events like the Traveling Virus which have a VERY GOOD TRACK RECORD and decent crowds to carry on like usual.
That's what the original plan was back at the beginning of the summer and then these 2 asshats at the Ozfest blew it for everyone.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
That's what the original plan was back at the beginning of the summer and then these 2 asshats at the Ozfest blew it for everyone.
If they actually did that, then there may have been no issue.

I mean, who the fuck listens to Gwen stefani that's old enough to drink?

GLENN_THE_TOOL

The reward is cheese.
May 23, 2005
At least 53 people were arrested for underage drinking last night at the Beat Stock concert at the PNC Arts Center.

The arrests came one day after alcohol consumption was banned in all Arts Center parking lots. State Police beefed up patrols at the Holmdel venue this weekend to try to rein in the drinking.
okay, so they arrested 53 underage drinkers, but how many people of legal drinking age were arrested? the fact that they don't say leads me to believe that they may only be looking for the underage drinkers, not for the people 21 and over who can drink legally, even in the parking lot. i'd be totally fine with presenting my ID to any law enforcement officer inside or out of the venue since being 23, i don't have to worry about being too young to drink.

one of the guys i'm going to the show with is going to the Nickelback concert on Thursday, so he's gonna be doing recon to see just how the cops are going about this whole "ban."

bluemoon

expert on funny
May 16, 2007
LaGrangeville, ny
i can see going after the underage thing, but arresting them??? a bit too much i say. give them a ticket or something, not jail time. its just a fuck'n beer.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
Why ban beer if they are selling it at that insane price to legal drinking aged people? If they are underage, they shouldnt be drinking. Period.

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
Jan 13, 2005
Middletown NJ
Dozens arrested at latest concert

Sunday, August 19, 2007

At least 53 people were arrested for underage drinking last night at the Beat Stock concert at the PNC Arts Center................................

The 53 arrests, all for underage drinking, were as of 9:15 p.m.
Sucks to be Flea (even more so) but the rest of us should be fine as long as we keep open beers out of site or disguised.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Why ban beer if they are selling it at that insane price to legal drinking aged people? If they are underage, they shouldnt be drinking. Period.
Your using Locic, this is Jersey, there is no Logic anywhere to be found here.

FullBallz

in your mouth
Mar 5, 2006
North Arlington, NJ
But you can only have 3 of them. Went to the John Mayer concert a few weeks back and you HAVE to get a wristband if you want to buy beer. When you buy said beer your band gets marked. Once you hit three, no more. So enjoy!

Side note, I'm glad all those fucking guidos in their awful caught in a hurricane hair and their under armour shirts got arrested at Beatstock. I just hope the cops were smart enough to let those whores that also attend that concert to service them.

C

coachb26

But you can only have 3 of them. Went to the John Mayer concert a few weeks back and you HAVE to get a wristband if you want to buy beer. When you buy said beer your band gets marked. Once you hit three, no more. So enjoy!

Side note, I'm glad all those fucking guidos in their awful caught in a hurricane hair and their under armour shirts got arrested at Beatstock. I just hope the cops were smart enough to let those whores that also attend that concert to service them.
your from n.a. that 's the home of the guido and the iroc. they are not gonna
bust adults that are of legal drinking age at a comedy show. the aren't gonna
bother people weds at the allmans. just be smart the key is putting it in a cup and and being polite.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin

My favorite is that the wrist band can be removed, and you can start all over again. I guess they never heard, "where there's a will there's a way."