Jim Carrey is a cunt

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
Fucking unfunny hypocrite.

Jim Carrey in "Kick-Ass 2." The actor says he is now uncomfortable with the film's violence. (Daniel Smith/Universal Pictures)
Related photos »​
By John Horn
June 24, 2013, 9:55 a.m.
Don’t look for Jim Carrey to promote his “Kick-Ass 2.”
The “Bruce Almighty” star has taken to Twitter to distance himself from Aug. 16’s sequel because Carrey said that he “cannot support that level of violence” in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, in which 20 children and six educators were slain last December.
"I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart,” Carrey said of “Kick-Ass 2” through his official Twitter account.
Carrey’s backpedaling — the actor said he filmed his “Kick-Ass” role of Col. Stars and Stripes a month before the school shooting — prompted an irritated and lengthy online rejoinder from Mark Millar, the writer of the “Kick-Ass” comic books and an executive producer on the Universal Studios sequel.
“As you may know, Jim is a passionate advocate of gun-control and I respect both his politics and his opinion, but I'm baffled by this sudden announcement as nothing seen in this picture wasn't in the screenplay eighteen months ago,” Millar wrote on his blog. “Yes, the body-count is very high, but a movie called ‘Kick-Ass 2’ really has to do what it says on the tin.”
Millar noted that Carrey’s character is a born-again Christian and doesn’t shoot a gun, part of what the comic book creator said attracted the actor to the role.
Carrey's character is a blend of Col. Stars and Lt. Stripes from Millar's book, who turn to vigilantism after being criminals. The first film, released in spring 2010, was mildly successful at the box office, grossing more than $96 million worldwide. It was rated R for "strong brutal violence throughout, pervasive language, sexual content, nudity and some drug use -- some involving children."
The sequel also has been rated R for "strong violence, pervasive language, crude and sexual content, and brief nudity."
PHOTOS: Celebrities by The Times
“Like Jim, I'm horrified by real-life violence (even though I'm Scottish), but ‘Kick-Ass 2’ isn't a documentary. No actors were harmed in the making of this production!,” Millar wrote. “This is fiction and like Tarantino and Peckinpah, Scorcese (sic) and Eastwood, John Boorman, Oliver Stone and Chan-Wook Park, ‘Kick-Ass’ avoids the usual bloodless body-count of most big summer pictures and focuses instead of the CONSEQUENCES of violence, whether it's the ramifications for friends and family or, as we saw in the first movie, Kick-Ass spending six months in hospital after his first street altercation….
“Ultimately, this is his decision, but I've never quite bought the notion that violence in fiction leads to violence in real-life any more than Harry Potter casting a spell creates more Boy Wizards in real-life. Our job as storytellers is to entertain and our toolbox can't be sabotaged by curtailing the use of guns in an action-movie….”
PHOTOS: Summer Sneaks 2013
“’Kick-Ass 2’ is fictional fun so let's focus our ire instead of [sic] the real-life violence going on in the world like the war in Afghanistan, the alarming tension in Syria right now and the fact that Superman just snapped a guy's … neck.”
Carrey had expressed reservations about movie violence earlier in the year, when he was promoting "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone."
"[M]y character is a guy that came from a violent background who is trying to turn it around and he uses a gun with no bullets in it. These are things I am considering now because I just feel like we don't cause the problem, but we don't help it much either," he told MTV News.
Universal declined to comment.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I had two comments about this on Twitter:

1. He'll never give back his salary or donate his back end profits.

2. His excuse for making it is that it was before Sandy Hook. I guess he didn't give a fuck about Aurora, which was A MOVIE-RELATED SHOOTING.

His anti-vaccine stance costs more lives than his anti-gun stance will ever save.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Really, I'm not sure how he doesn't give the money back then.
Why profit from the Violence, Jim?

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
I had two comments about this on Twitter:

1. He'll never give back his salary or donate his back end profits.

2. His excuse for making it is that it was before Sandy Hook. I guess he didn't give a fuck about Aurora, which was A MOVIE-RELATED SHOOTING.

His anti-vaccine stance costs more lives than his anti-gun stance will ever save.
He's is anti- vaccine... I don't think he even finished high school.

Edit: Nope he didn't... fun fact he used to live in an old farmhouse with his family that was right beside a place that made steel car rims around the corner from my house. Tried looking for it but I think it has been swallowed up by urban sprawl.

Just remember seeing that old house surrounded piles of rusting rims.

Edit just checked... that place is a Lowes parking lot now. And the road is 6 lanes wide... when I was a kid it was 2... fuck I am old.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Hypocritical little cunt bitch.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
I love how the first and last paragraphs still are kissing Carrey's ass

Another flaw is that Millar suggests that Violence in Hollywood movies does not translate to violence in real life. Yet at the same time, Hollywood loves to point out how their movies inspire progressive change in society (granted, this is more of an observation about Hollywood in general than Millar's response, but still worth pointing out)

At least with Carrey he's opting to distance himself from the film (although really just got the movie about a hundred million dollars worth of free publicity) as opposed to others in Hollywood who preach to the masses about gun violence but are happy to stand by their violent movies. Sure, Carrey won't return his salary or demand his name taken off the movie, so as of now, he's still a cunt, yes.

Last edited:

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
It's Brilliant. Gets people talking. New movie will get more people going, due to him saying 'It's violent!'

In terms of PR? Fucking Brilliant.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Another thing - who the fuck was talking about Kick Ass 2 before today? No one. Nice job not promoting it, asshole.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Maybe Canada would be safer for you, Jim.

Carrey received U.S. citizenship in October 2004
Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America

Oath
"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution......

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Jim is often on the wrong side of topics.

Penn and Teller: Bullshit (vaccination episode)

tl;dw- the study linking autism with vaccines was doctored and the anti-vaccine crowd is filled with dunderheads.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Isn't this good news, would you rather listen to his tripe on gun control or vaccines?

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
Isn't this good news, would you rather listen to his tripe on gun control or vaccines?
He may not actually believe the vaccine bullshit. Could have been having to tow Jenny McCarthy's idiocy when he was banging her. Has he been vocal about it since they broke up?