Jim Carrey to star as Scrooge...

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
....in a remake? They do those?

Jim Carrey will star in a special effects-heavy adaptation of "A Christmas Carol," which Robert Zemeckis will direct for Walt Disney Pictures.

Carrey will play Scrooge, the ghost of Christmas past, the ghost of Christmas present and the ghost of Christmas future.
Production will incorporate performance capture, and blend live action and computer-generated imagery, building on techniques used for Zemeckis' "The Polar Express" and upcoming "Beowulf," as well as "Monster House," which he executive produced with Steven Spielberg.

Zemeckis wrote the screenplay for the film, which will be made for a 3-D stereoscopic release. A release date has not been set.

Several Web sites have reported that Bob Hoskins -- who worked with Zemeckis on "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" -- might play Mr. Fezziwig in the film, but Disney said no official dealmaking has begun with the British actor.

Carrey's upcoming projects include "Ripley's Believe It or Not," and providing the voice of Horton for the animated film "Horton Hears a Who." His more recent credits include "The Number 23" and "Fun With Dick and Jane."
[media]http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071022/review_nm/carrey_dc_1[/media]

BabyHat3R

and THATS how you executive produce!
Dec 27, 2005
Eleanor, WV
Sorry, but after Scrooged, you don't need to do another fucking adaptation of A Christmas Carol.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
is it time to put the christmas lights up already?

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
Ugh. Jim Carrey in an over the top shitfest. Pass.

Aug 11, 2005
I never liked the guy and never thought he was funny.
All he can do is make stupid faces.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
He's just going to be COMPLETELY over the top, Jim Carey is a hack. Scrooged was a good movie though, they did that well and pulled it off, it's one of my personal favorites up there with "A Christmas Story," and "It's A Wonderful Life."

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
Jim Carey was funny in maybe 2 movies......and has been awful in the rest of them

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Enough of "A Christmas Carol", we fucking get it.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Jim Carey was funny in maybe 2 movies......and has been awful in the rest of them
Dumb and Dumber, and....... and..... hm. Ace Ventura was funny when it came out, but they are HORRIBLE to watch now.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
I know I'm not in the majority here but I still love 'The Cable Guy'

queeby

Irrelevant Liberal
Jun 12, 2004
Columbus OH
I liked Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, alot. I also really liked his early comedies, (Ace Ventura, Dum And Dumber, and The Cable Guy) but I would be far more shocked if the name of this thread would be "Jim Carey signed on to do a good film".

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
carrey may be overblown and typecast too much, but I still think he's a good actor overall.

Though I'm pretty sure I'm gonna miss this unless they do something really interesting with it..

... or if I'm obnoxiously drunk.

- anyone wanna get shitfaced & see it with me? It'll be just like HSS last year! Terrorizing small families in the parking lot.. ya know. The usual stuff.

THERE'S NO SANTA!

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
"It's A Wonderful Life."
ive seen Carrey do Jimmy Stewart before, i kinda want to see that remake now.

I liked Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, alot. I also really liked his early comedies, (Ace Ventura, Dum And Dumber, and The Cable Guy) but I would be far more shocked if the name of this thread would be "Jim Carey signed on to do a good film".
Eternal Sunshine was great. And so was Ventura and the rest. Hes had some bombs but Im a big Carrey fan too.

I always thought after he did Ace Ventura he would do a fire marshal Bill sorta sequel. Disappointed he hasn't.

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
I think this is going to be another one of Robert Zemeckis' CGI Motion Capture movies, not a live action film. Sort of like Tom Hanks did with the Polar Express.

Love Bob Hoskins, btw. Who Framed Roger Rabbit is my all time favorite movie, and it wouldn't have been 1/10th as good as it was without his genius acting job.