Mar 11, 2005
New Jersey
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q0yM0q1sMk[/media]

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Why is he a douche for wanting satellite radio to survive?
Is he a douche for wanting to expose corrupt politicians? Oh the humanity! :icon_roll

You do realize that this technology will be obsolete in 10 years anyway, right? If either company wants to survive that 10 years they need to reduce costs.

90% of the American people will NEVER pay to listen to radio. Subscription based radio was doomed from the start. When coast to coast wifi is available, all radio will be dead. People will be watching fucking Youtube videos in their cars. For free.

B

Bait

I do not care one way or the other for the merger, but if congressman are taking money into their campaign funds or their own pockets from terrestrial radio and have a say on whether or not this deal goes through then I am all for naming names. More transparency is always better, and if a douche like Cramer has to be the one to expose it then I'm fine with that.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Oh I didn't say Cramer wasn't a douche, just that this doesn't make him one.

Encouraging people to waste their hard earned money speculating on single stocks is enough for me to hate him. Index fund > Speculating douche.

Probably Stoned

I am not good at this.[edited]
Jul 26, 2005
Humboldt County Ca.
"They" say by the end of the month we will know.
That it was said on that other morning show on that other satellite radio company isn't good to hear however.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/sen-arlen-spector-merger-decision-by-end-of-month.html
Senator Arlen Spector (R-PA) today said that while the process on the Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. and XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. merger has taken a long time, a decision should reached by the end of the month to his knowledge.

Spector, who is the ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, made the comment during an interview on The Howard Stern Show.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Howie is interviewing senators now?

Wow, he really has turned into fucking Imus.

buya97

Official Virus Spreader of Little Falls, NJ
Nov 25, 2004
Jersey
oh is this the same Cramer that said DONT sell bear stearns, a week before it dropped from 20 billion to 200 million in worth, WHOOPS!

asswiper

agoraphobic
Jan 4, 2006
so when is he going to start naming names?

Jan 15, 2005
Uppity CT
Can I still listen to O & A either way ??

If so I say who gives a fuck at this point .

andrewvonawesom

Terrorist looking for other Terrorists
Jun 27, 2006
oh is this the same Cramer that said DONT sell bear stearns, a week before it dropped from 20 billion to 200 million in worth, WHOOPS!
He also said to sell bear stearns less than a week before it dropped.

greensnacks

Dec 20, 2004
I do not care one way or the other for the merger, but if congressman are taking money into their campaign funds or their own pockets from terrestrial radio and have a say on whether or not this deal goes through then I am all for naming names. More transparency is always better, and if a douche like Cramer has to be the one to expose it then I'm fine with that.
Here's a few names.
http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/nab-hires-lobbyist-bluewater-strategies.html
NAB spends $4MM to block XM/Sirus

Oh wait. XM and Sirius are doing it too!
http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/satellite-radio-hires-their-own-lobbyists.html
Sirus/XM pay $820K

This isn't a big secret. Stupid Cramer just wants everyone to think so.

B

Bait

Here's a few names.
http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/na...trategies.html
NAB spends $4MM to block XM/Sirus

Oh wait. XM and Sirius are doing it too!
http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/sa...lobbyists.html
Sirus/XM pay $820K

This isn't a big secret. Stupid Cramer just wants everyone to think so.
XM/Sirius or the NAB can pay lobbyists all they want. That is not really a frowned upon practice. When these lobbyists then pay individual campaigns, specifically individual campaigns that have a sway in whether or not the merger goes through, then this should be highlighted. If XM is doing the same thing then call out the names of those that received contributions from XM.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
kinda off topic, but what exactly is/was Bear Sterns? I was looking it up on Wikipedia, and I got the impression that it was one of those places where they tell you what stocks to buy and shit. Is that what it was/is?

Buds Spuckley

Mar 17, 2008
kinda off topic, but what exactly is/was Bear Sterns? I was looking it up on Wikipedia, and I got the impression that it was one of those places where they tell you what stocks to buy and shit. Is that what it was/is?
They are an investment bank, they typically do new issues of stock and also were the main driving force in packaging the subprime loans and selling them as securities.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
Speaking of that douche Cramer... I love this clip where he basically loses his shit:

[YT]SWksEJQEYVU[/YT]

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Not to be Ned Nitpicker here, but he actually said don't move your account from Bear Sterns. The actual stock was not discussed in that clip. The caller was asking if they should move their investment account to another brokerage based on speculation about Bear's liquidity.

fishkiller

West Coast Douche
Jan 14, 2006
Mckinleyville, CA
Cramer spoke about the DOJ approving the merger last night and in his tirade said that Howard is worth every penny unlike other personalities that are overpaid, and that Howard will drive even more people to satellite radio. Howie the savior

virus33

get ya pull
Jun 16, 2006
hey i have an idea lets make a topic on something there is 4 topics on already!!! god forbid they post it in one of them that would cause the forum to have several discussions.