Jim Norton book signing in Buffalo

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Attention all you Buffalo area genetic disasters. Jim Norton will be appearing at the Borders Book Stores near the Walden Galleria Mall on Saturday, July 14th at 2pm to sign copies of his new book, 'Happy Endings'. (The book will be released on Tuesdee, July 10th.) The address is below. I sent Jimmy a note and he said he also hoped to be performing in the area, but nothing is confirmed yet. I talked to the store yesterday and they said they don't have any further info besides what I've given, so don't bother calling and harassing them until it gets a little closer.

2015 Walden Ave.
Cheektowaga, NY 14225
Phone: 716.685.2844

Hope to see you all there.

CTOAFan

Apr 22, 2005
CT
I just can't wait to read the book!

buffcomic

Feb 19, 2006
Buffalo
didnt realize....Im home that weekend too....I can help...someone pm me....

sherwood

Jul 16, 2002
ny
i will be there! anything I can do to help promote it let me know.

S

sxty9GTO

Im in, WooHoo! Let's blow the roof off the place!!

BullsLawDan

She A Great Big Fat Person?
Feb 9, 2006
NY
sweet. Hopefully they can work out a gig in the area... Comix cafe? I don't know where the Buffalo one is...

DrunkJoeNamath

I refuse to be an escape goat.
Feb 21, 2006
Buffalo,NY
I'll be there and hopefully we will touch butts. Comix Cafe is closed, so who knows what he'll be doing.

BuffaloPaul

Jimmy Norton's mule looks much BIGGER in 3D!
Oct 12, 2002
Buffalo, NY
I'll be there and hopefully we will touch butts. Comix Cafe is closed, so who knows what he'll be doing.
I'll be there as well, of coarse. The Buffalo Comedy scene is at an all time low these days with the Comix Cafe closing last week.

Their website points people to "The House of Comedy", but that is in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada... and who wants to cross into another country just to see a comedy show. I noticed our fellow wackbagger and O&A pest will be performing there soon, so I may make the trip for that...

* July 6 & 7 ,2007

Dan Pordum

Dan is the superman of comedy because he just keeps coming at you with joke After joke.His combination of energetic stage presence and intelligent humor grabs And holds the attention of crowds everywhere. You've seen him on Craig Killbourn.
There is also this new club on the american side of the border in Niagara Falls, NY that may be a possiblility. The room is very small, and would sell out in seconds. There may be many problems with this club, and it seems to be booked for the July12-July 14th time period anyway. This comedy club is called Fat Boys Comedy Clubs, and it seems to be a comedy club chain that isn't too respectful to the local comedians... at least what I hear of them. Jimmy is just too big of a comedian to play such a small club.

The one place that DOES look open for that weekend is "The Riveria Theatre", where Jimmy performed in the fall of 2002. The only problem is that it is a large venue, and he would have little time to promote and sell tickets for it. Riveria's event calender show NOTHING for July 13th or 14th. I would LOVE to see Jimmy there again, and they even sold draft beer the last time. It would be great to be able to see Jimmy like that again.

The time is ticking... and this needs to be booked soon. Hopefully someone is already working on this. :action-sm

Can't wait to see Jimmy at the book signing, at least... and Opie already said on the air that he was going to join lil' Jimmy in his weekend Buffalo trip. So at least we have that to look forward to. :clap:

BullsLawDan

Feb 9, 2006
NY
You know, from Cheektowaga, Comix Cafe in Rochester is barely an hour away...

edit: of course that whole weekend they have some fat sparkling wiggle playing.

Lunchbox420

The Kenny Powers of Wackbag
Mar 6, 2007
I will be home in Rochester that weekend see ya there...

Aug 28, 2006
Comix Cafe in Rochester was always a good time....spent many-a drunken college night there haha.
Whats the deal with the one in B-Lo closing?
That's too bad.

I've got my fingers crossed for a Lil Jimmy gig

BigBuffaloFan

The O&A show is a Hole free show!!!
Dec 26, 2002
Buffalo
I will be there. That is right down the street from my house.

C

cuntsore

I will be there, hopefully he is doing a gig in Buffalo soon.

Lunchbox420

The Kenny Powers of Wackbag
Mar 6, 2007
Wait, Lancaster/Rochester? What's your deal? School?

No after my divorce hooked up with my high school girlfriend who has lived here since college. But I still come home every other weekend because we own a couple bars in the area (Henrietta and batavia)

O

OddDancer

will jimmy be signing in the NYC area?
I heard about it briefly but I forgot where/when he was going to do it...

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
This explains why Jimmy isn't performing in the area. Looks like he's just doing book signings that weekend. He's in DC Friday Night, in Rochester Saturday Night. For those Rochester area folks that can't read the fine print on the pic, the signing will be held at the Borders at 1000 Hylan Drive, Rochester,14623 at 7:30pm on the 14th.

Hopefully Jimmy will make it back to the Buffalo area to perform one of these years...:(

OddDancer, go to Jimmy's MySpace page for his NYC info. I think it's on July 10th.

BullsLawDan

Feb 9, 2006
NY
No after my divorce hooked up with my high school girlfriend who has lived here since college. But I still come home every other weekend because we own a couple bars in the area (Henrietta and batavia)
Wait, what? What bar is in Henrietta that is also in Batavia? LOL

Only thing I can think of in both places is Beers of the World. If you let me know i'll stop by (Henrietta) sometime and drink some beers.