Jim Norton mentioned on Penn Jillette;s Video Podcast "Penn Point"

Palaver

But Enough Of This
Jul 24, 2005
Penn loves a lot of things.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I'm subscribed to Penn Point via the Juiced Podcast Catcher. It looks like he caught Jimmy doing his chip character. You can tell Penn is going criticize someone when he leads up to it by telling how much likes and admires them. He basically didn't like people goofing on the nerds.

paffa2

Jul 21, 2011
I'm subscribed to Penn Point via the Juiced Podcast Catcher. It looks like he caught Jimmy doing his chip character. You can tell Penn is going criticize someone when he leads up to it by telling how much likes and admires them. He basically didn't like people goofing on the nerds.
Well he does hate cartoons!

filthgrinder

Apr 22, 2005
Well, Penn does have a point. (See what I did there?) Goofing on the nerds at comic con is pretty much the obvious joke/choice. They are a goof-able bunch. Penn really does have a love for outsiders and oddballs. It would be interesting to see a different take on con coverage that wasn't serious or a "let's go goof on the nerds". Chip doing intentionally awkward interviews was good, but it did slide off into the "let's goof on the nerds". I don't know if Penn saw that as much as his Tonight Show skit, which Penn references.

Anyways, Penn's book is fantastic. You can get the audio book on audible.com and Penn is the one reading it. Good stuff there.

ughh

Nov 14, 2010
Penn is a swniger he just goes to comic con to bang chubby awkward 20 something year old girls dressed as Princess Leia.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
If the people in Jimmy's Chip at Comic Con video didn't deserve mocking, I don't know who does. He was giving the chicks hell, too. That's something you wouldn't see some other guy harassing Comic Con doing. They would melt into putty and give them an uncomfortably serious interview.

The first guy in the second video is like 40 years old and he says completely seriously that he is 'the Keith Ledger Joker from Batman the Dark Side."

At that point of misrepresentation you're not just some harmless basement dweller, you open yourself up to ridicule.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
Well, Penn does have a point. (See what I did there?) Goofing on the nerds at comic con is pretty much the obvious joke/choice. They are a goof-able bunch. Penn really does have a love for outsiders and oddballs. It would be interesting to see a different take on con coverage that wasn't serious or a "let's go goof on the nerds". Chip doing intentionally awkward interviews was good, but it did slide off into the "let's goof on the nerds". I don't know if Penn saw that as much as his Tonight Show skit, which Penn references.

Anyways, Penn's book is fantastic. You can get the audio book on audible.com and Penn is the one reading it. Good stuff there.
I've never been a big fan of audiobooks, but fuck I might have to invest just because he is the one doing the reading. I could listen to him read the Great Gatsby.