Jim Nortons Book

Freese

Ramone and Frunkis-Since '83
Well, they are still not carrying the book at the main chain bookstore here in Canada called Chapters. So I sent them an email.

To Whom it May Concern,

Today I went to your Kanata Ontario store to purchase a copy of the book Happy Endings: The tales of a meaty breasted zilch. Low and behold there were no copies available at this store, nor at any other store for that matter. We are talking about a book that is #4 on the New York Times Bestsellers list, and your store doesn't have any copies. None in the city. I want to spend my hard earned money at your establishment and you don't have any copies of this book. How on gods green earth do you not carry a book that is #4 on the New York Times Bestsellers list? This is a major marketing faux pas, my friend. MAJOR FAUX PAS. In short, I will do my best to not purchase items from your store ever again. Even if I did try to buy something, I bet you wouldn't have it anyways. Amazon.com will get my money from now on. You, and your company can go jump in a lake.

Sincerely

xxxxxx xxx

L

Layla

Lol, nice job.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
You mean the good ole U.S. money grubbing bastards like Borders, Barnes & Noble are not in that part of Canada yet? Jesus Christ that is amazing!

Sidenote: there are prolly 5 Starbucks near ya.

jackjack

I can't comprehend a bookstore not carrying a book like Jimmys because of content. Who are they to say he shouldn't tell the story of his life in an exaggerated and comedic fashion. It is, after all, his chosen profession to tell stories that way, so why not his own in print.

Even if someone in the company doesn't like the words Jimmy wrote, why not sell it and make some money.
That being said, I still respect their decision not to do it. Fuck 'em, if they feel so strongly about it, let them lose the income.
As long as the book is available to anyone who wants it from another vendor.

What really pisses me off is how walmart and blockbuster got enough marketing clout to cause artists to change what they publish.
They will only carry the watered down versions of certain movies.
Fortunately, netflix doesn't play that game and always has the real versions.

Unfortunately, those companies affect the creative decisions made by movie directors and songwriters who need that marketing outlet and can't fight it with two versions.

aahpandasrun

No longer endangered
You guys and your books. Audiobooks are much better. Buy Happy Endings on audiobook. It's like listening to the jimmy show.

jlhoyt13432

Today I went to your Kanata Ontario store to purchase a copy of the book Happy Endings: The tales of a meaty breasted zilch. Low and behold there were no copies available at this store, nor at any other store for that matter. We are talking about a book that is #4 on the New York Times Bestsellers list, and your store doesn't have any copies. None in the city. I want to spend my hard earned money at your establishment and you don't have any copies of this book. How on gods green earth do you not carry a book that is #4 on the New York Times Bestsellers list? This is a major marketing faux pas, my friend. MAJOR FAUX PAS. In short, I will do my best to not purchase items from your store ever again. Even if I did try to buy something, I bet you wouldn't have it anyways. Amazon.com will get my money from now on. You, and your company can go jump in a lake.
run on paragraph. You need to organize your thoughts into separate paragraphs.

Beeman99

that's why I bought it off Amazon.COM, not .CA, fuck Canadian retailers

Nothing Sound

Riding the Biggest Wave
You guys and your books. Audiobooks are much better. Buy Happy Endings on audiobook. It's like listening to the jimmy show.
This is exactly what I intend to do.
I hate reading and the audio will be rather enjoyable during my commute.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Just finally got my copy in the mail today, and haven't finished the whole thing, but so far I like it. Good job Jimmy!

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
My wife got a copy of the book, but I doubt I'll read it.
I'll definately get a copy of the audiobook.
I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Love lil Jimmy. No homo.

PDX909

I may have misread the iTunes listing but from what I saw the audiobook is abridged... and abridged books are for queers.

maz

TRueWDTer
looking at the cover from the cd's i got from amazon
says unabridged right on the box

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
I may have misread the iTunes listing but from what I saw the audiobook is abridged... and abridged books are for queers.
iTunes might be different but barnes & noble says abridged but the picture of the box says unabridged...I bought mine in a b&n store and it's definitely unabridged.

Mort

How Many Assholes We Got On This Ship, Anyhow?
iTunes might be different but barnes & noble says abridged but the picture of the box says unabridged...I bought mine in a b&n store and it's definitely unabridged.
If that's true, I may actually buy the audio book. I've got too many fuckin' books to read.

Mags

Edgelord
Donator
Lazy illiterates. audiobooks don't help Jim get higher on the bestseller list.

maz

TRueWDTer
but i bought both, sir :action-sm

MonkeyTits

I've been out of the country this month and haven't bought my copy yet. Glad to see it made #4 - but would it be just a smidge wiser to buy it at the local Barnes and Noble, or through Amazon? Just curious.

Actually, I was just posting to brag - any other wackbaggers featured in his book?

Page 205.

Top Bottom