Jim Norton's:Monster Rain HBO Special & DVD 10/13

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Jim Norton's HBO Special, Monster Rain, DVD is coming out October 16th after his HBO special on October 13th!

HBO said:
A national stand-up star, New York Times best-selling author, and familiar HBO face, Jim Norton brings his "cringe comedy" back to the network in his first hour-long HBO special taped in front of a live audience at the Lincoln Theatre in Washington, DC. He's crass and crude, taking on subjects too taboo for even the raunchiest stand-up comics. Norton's routine will explore such hot-topic issues as girlfriends and toilet paper, TV poker shows and bad ad campaigns, celebrity obsession and more than a few other blush-worthy subjects.

Jim Norton: Monster Rain premieres on HBO Saturday, October 13 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
Amazon said:
Availability: This title will be released on October 16, 2007.
Pre-order now! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Other works by Jimmy Norton:Jim Norton Links

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
May 11, 2007
Sunny Florida
I watched this today after the show this morning, and it was some of the BEST comedy I have heard in a long time! It is ON DEMAND now on HBO!

I loffed and loffed, and tears rolled out of my eyes! He is clearly one of the most cutting edge comics of our time, IMHO!

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
I wanted to go out and buy it today at Best Buy in Norwalk, CT....not so much on "being in stock"

I dunno if that's because it sold out or just didn't show up yet. I'm gonna go back tomorrow and see if it's there

umo

Jan 27, 2005
I had mixed emotions after watching Jim's HBO special. The first reaction was excitement at seeing Norton at his best. The second reaction was disappointment that this was the best we are gonna get from Norton. I suddenly realized that I'll just have to accept the fact that lil Jimmy will never be a great comic; but a very good one.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
I wanted to go out and buy it today at Best Buy in Norwalk, CT....not so much on "being in stock"

I dunno if that's because it sold out or just didn't show up yet. I'm gonna go back tomorrow and see if it's there
my best buy didn't have them either, and said that they weren't going to get one. i got mine at fye.

ceeps04

Your right, you would know
Apr 26, 2006
The District
I had mixed emotions after watching Jim's HBO special. The first reaction was excitement at seeing Norton at his best. The second reaction was disappointment that this was the best we are gonna get from Norton. I suddenly realized that I'll just have to accept the fact that lil Jimmy will never be a great comic; but a very good one.
"whaa"

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
May 11, 2007
Sunny Florida
Everyone has their taste in comedians, but, I am curious to what you did not like with his performance. I usually watch all the HBO specials when they are released, and I thought Jimmy's performance was by far one of the best I have seen! It easily surpassed Louie CK's, and I liked Louie's also.

I think Jimmy IS a great comic, you just have to enjoy his humor, and I thoroughly did! :D

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
I'm happy for Jimmy...I didn't love it...heard too much of that material before...

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
I'm happy for Jimmy...I didn't love it...heard too much of that material before...
that's the biggest problem being a fan of the show...you hear parts of his act prior to it being recorded for a special. I thought it was great and I went to go see him working on his new hour last night...also damned good :D :D

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Having been to 3 Virus shows this summer that were all done after this
was taped, I really didn't hear much new material either. I still enjoyed it
though. A taped special like this allows you to see Jimmy up close and
really appreciate some of the facial expressions that make the jokes just
a bit funnier. Definately going to get the DVD for the extras it offers.

T

Turdy TUrds McG

I went to this and I didn't like it ... I LLLLLOOOOOVVVVED it ... except that the stupid audience camera was enthralled with my retarded asian nostrils for a lot of the show ...

F

FuckAFetus

I was fucking thrilled with Monster Rain overall; I'm planning to catch Jimmy in March in Atlanta, and I'm looking forward to his new shit as well.