Jim Norton's SECRET Free Show in NYC Nov. 9

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Jim Norton will be performing at for those who print -out as tickets their myspace profile at Carolines on November 9th, 2007.

MySpace Secret Standup
November, 9 2007 - 7:00P
1626 Broadway
New York , NY 10019
Cost: FREE

[Map] Check out http://www.myspace.com/secretstandup for all the info on this FREE show! All you have to do is print out your MySpace profile and get in line. First come, first serve - get in line early.
Show Info:
Venue: Carolines on Broadway
1626 Broadway, New York, NY
Time: Doors open at 6 PM, Show at 7 PM
Admission: FREE with print out of your MySpace profile. 18 & over.
Charity: Hope for the Warriors

Remember to get there early and stay in line. First come, first in! Your ticket is your MySpace Profile so BRING A PRINT OUT!!!!

Jim Norton's MySpace
Secret Standup's MySpace

JaJaJulie

Jodie Foster?
May 15, 2006
Wisconsin
He was on the front page of MySpace this afternoon with this banner:

Slap Jackson

Oct 29, 2007
Bible Belt
Anybody know of any shows in the Southeast(Atlanta or Nashville areas) from Nov. 20 to the end of the year?

(sorry. didn't know where to post this.)

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
Jimmy absolutely killed at the Caroline's show last night. I went and had a great time. He was very very "on", and the audience was great. Opie was in the audience, E-Rock, Roland and Pat Duffy from what I was able to see. Of course Kenny was there.

Got a table right in front of the stage, and they gave us not only the free HBO DVD's, but free posters of the MySpace promotional shot that's blue and green colored with Jimmy's pic on it. He of course signed them for everyone after the show.

Didn't get any pics this time because it was a mob scene, but really fantastic show.

turkyman

Apr 2, 2004
Woodbridge, NJ
I was there last night. It was a great show with a lot of new material. I only heard maybe 2 or 3 jokes from the HBO show, the rest were all new.

Even the opening comediENNE was good. It also helped that a small fight broke out 10 feet away from me during the opening act.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
so if i drive to NYc what ya think the odds are its a full house and i cant get in is.

probably 0 considering its the 10th today... i stink.

Newmania

**I move away from the mic to fuck your mother.
May 15, 2006
The lily white suburbs of Detoilet
Jimmy absolutely killed at the Caroline's show last night. I went and had a great time. He was very very "on", and the audience was great. Opie was in the audience, E-Rock, Roland and Pat Duffy from what I was able to see. Of course Kenny was there.

Got a table right in front of the stage, and they gave us not only the free HBO DVD's, but free posters of the MySpace promotional shot that's blue and green colored with Jimmy's pic on it. He of course signed them for everyone after the show.

Didn't get any pics this time because it was a mob scene, but really fantastic show.
Sounds like it was a blast. Good to hear Jimmy killed.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
I was there last night. It was a great show with a lot of new material. I only heard maybe 2 or 3 jokes from the HBO show, the rest were all new.

Even the opening comediENNE was good. It also helped that a small fight broke out 10 feet away from me during the opening act.
Yeah how did that start? I heard they finished fighting outside too and the cops came...

xloosefusionx

May 23, 2007
I heard it involved the guy who was yelling shit to opener and someone else, but all in all, it looked like a bunch of alpha male frat douches trying to be macho...great, you got kicked out of a free show midway through THE OPENER'S set.

Anyway, whether Im an idiot or just a big fan, I got to Caroline's at 11:45am...over 6 hours before the doors opened, and waited in the cold and the rain by myself for a good 3 hours before some people showed up (I believe Little Chuckie was the second to arrive). I must note though I was going to little crap shops around the club trying to get warm and piss and when I came back, he was there, but he let me in front of him because Id been there longer. I thought that was really nice of him and I think you guys would think so too :)

Anyway, the show itself was great. I was dead center in front of the stage so it was like Lil' Jimmy was performing for me and me only ;) The first act was good, but if you werent close enough to see her facial expressions, I dont know how well some of the material worked. Jimmy was amazing as always. It was like his 'greatest hits' show, with alot of stuff off past albums which was nice to hear because I havent heard it in awhile, some Monster Rain material, new material and improv with the crowd, which was great too. I especially loved how he ripped on the poster (or coaster ;)) for not looking like him because I was thinking the same thing and hoping he'd say something. As always, it was great that he stayed after and signed everyones shit, but I think the club could have done a better job of organizing the people leaving Jim's show and getting shit signed and the incoming Charlie Murphy crowd. So yeah, we talked for a bit, he thanked me a bunch for coming out and all that. I talked to Opie for alittle about...well, E-Rock because I had a nice view of his table, if you get me, and I asked him to do the "Hi who's this!?" he did in the begining of the contest thing and he did it for me, which was awesome of him....and not for nothing...yeah, everyone jokes about how young Opie looks, but jesus christ, he looks not an ounce of...his real age ;) (Im not ruuuining it for those who dont know)

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
I heard it involved the guy who was yelling shit to opener and someone else, but all in all, it looked like a bunch of alpha male frat douches trying to be macho...great, you got kicked out of a free show midway through THE OPENER'S set.

Anyway, whether Im an idiot or just a big fan, I got to Caroline's at 11:45am...over 6 hours before the doors opened, and waited in the cold and the rain by myself for a good 3 hours before some people showed up (I believe Little Chuckie was the second to arrive). I must note though I was going to little crap shops around the club trying to get warm and piss and when I came back, he was there, but he let me in front of him because Id been there longer. I thought that was really nice of him and I think you guys would think so too :)

Anyway, the show itself was great. I was dead center in front of the stage so it was like Lil' Jimmy was performing for me and me only ;) The first act was good, but if you werent close enough to see her facial expressions, I dont know how well some of the material worked. Jimmy was amazing as always. It was like his 'greatest hits' show, with alot of stuff off past albums which was nice to hear because I havent heard it in awhile, some Monster Rain material, new material and improv with the crowd, which was great too. I especially loved how he ripped on the poster (or coaster ;)) for not looking like him because I was thinking the same thing and hoping he'd say something. As always, it was great that he stayed after and signed everyones shit, but I think the club could have done a better job of organizing the people leaving Jim's show and getting shit signed and the incoming Charlie Murphy crowd. So yeah, we talked for a bit, he thanked me a bunch for coming out and all that. I talked to Opie for alittle about...well, E-Rock because I had a nice view of his table, if you get me, and I asked him to do the "Hi who's this!?" he did in the begining of the contest thing and he did it for me, which was awesome of him....and not for nothing...yeah, everyone jokes about how young Opie looks, but jesus christ, he looks not an ounce of...his real age ;) (Im not ruuuining it for those who dont know)
Wait you weren't at that table with all the guys that Jimmy was ripping on being young were you? I was also right up front. and if you're looking at the stage to the left of the front center. I didn't get a chance to talk to Opie but Erock recognized me and waved like he always does (which if he's reading I appreciate that always).

I agree, Caroline's is a great club but they have to find a better system of letting one show get out before they let the next one in. That lobby is so narrow and I feel terrible for the waitstaff who has to balance drinks, etc. with wall to wall people and since Jimmy was standing right by the stairs, I pretty much only had time to say a quick "hello" and get my poster signed before I was pushed up towards the staircase...I even told him I wouldn't bother him for a pic because it was such a mob scene. But I'm very glad he had a nice turnout and a great show.

xloosefusionx

May 23, 2007
Wait you weren't at that table with all the guys that Jimmy was ripping on being young were you? I was also right up front. and if you're looking at the stage to the left of the front center. I didn't get a chance to talk to Opie but Erock recognized me and waved like he always does (which if he's reading I appreciate that always).
Nooo Nooo, lol. Alright, it was the stage, those douches, some more tables and then me. I was on the first wall with the padded seats and the table pullled in.

http://www.nypost.com/video/?channel=PostEntertainment&clipid=1458_191752&bitrate=300&format=flash

Im the douche saying Jimmy's brutal...and I love it :( I hate being filmed.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
Nooo Nooo, lol. Alright, it was the stage, those douches, some more tables and then me. I was on the first wall with the padded seats and the table pullled in.

http://www.nypost.com/video/?channel=PostEntertainment&clipid=1458_191752&bitrate=300&format=flash

Oh ok, cool. Yeah MySpace interviewed me outside don't know if they're going to use the footage. Maybe at least my Monster Rain shirt will make the cut :)

No I was RIGHT in front of the stage...closest I've ever been for a Caroline's show.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY

Hey I'm seen for a split sec in that clip: I'm wearing the Monster Rain shirt at the first shot of inside the performance area on the lower left :)

xloosefusionx

May 23, 2007
Hey I'm seen for a split sec in that clip: I'm wearing the Monster Rain shirt at the first shot of inside the performance area on the lower left :)
ohh, i think i saw you on line...from the front of the line ;) Did Myspace interview you? I refused that shit right away, lol.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
ohh, i think i saw you on line...from the front of the line ;) Did Myspace interview you? I refused that shit right away, lol.
Yeah I was about 20 people down? I got there at 4:30. Yes, I wanted to be interviewed by MySpace. I don't know if they'll use my footage though.

Newmania

**I move away from the mic to fuck your mother.
May 15, 2006
The lily white suburbs of Detoilet

bumperz

New Wackbag
Oct 19, 2003
xloosefusionx
i was a few behind you in line, you unemployed bum!

xloosefusionx

May 23, 2007
xloosefusionx
i was a few behind you in line, you unemployed bum!

slander! im employed..i just love lil' jimmy and thought there'd be more people, but the rain was an issue i guess.